Become a Patron!

First Time Builder need help please!!!

RyanB

Member For 2 Years
I was wondering how long of sections I should cut. Made a 40 inch long piece of dual core claptons and I don't want to waste a lot of it so I was wondering how long of pieces I should cut for 5 wrap coils. Someone said 5in and another 3-4 inches so I'm stuck. Any help would be awesome.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

RyanB

Member For 2 Years
I was wondering how long of sections I should cut. Made a 40 inch long piece of dual core claptons and I don't want to waste a lot of it so I was wondering how long of pieces I should cut for 5 wrap coils. Someone said 5in and another 3-4 inches so I'm stuck. Any help would be awesome.
***Sorry in advance I think I posted this in the wrong spot.***

Sent from my SM-G965U

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
If you enter the desired in "Coil Setup", and the build in "Wire Builder",
then it will tell you the length under "Results".
Make it a bit longer so you can mount/snip.

RyanB

Member For 2 Years
I don't think it turned out to bad for a first time DIY dual core claptons N80 28g with N80 36g outer .4 OHM

2/28/36 N80 .4 Ohm Boro Bridge coils
0999ac6c28e71b7f79830439dc632562.jpg

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
To minimize the twists are you using ball bearing fishing swivels? They help a lot. Also I have two nylon jawed pliers that I use to get the twists that happen out.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't think it turned out to bad for a first time DIY dual core claptons N80 28g with N80 36g outer .4 OHM

2/28/36 N80 .4 Ohm Boro Bridge coils
0999ac6c28e71b7f79830439dc632562.jpg

Two things for twists. First, but your wrapping wire spool in a baggie in your hand. This will help tremendously with not putting to much tension on the spool (which causes twists)
Second, when your done fusing, use something hard and round to roll out the twists. Your lead won't stay straight, but that's ok, you can work that out as your wrapping đź‘Ť

RyanB

Member For 2 Years
Two things for twists. First, but your wrapping wire spool in a baggie in your hand. This will help tremendously with not putting to much tension on the spool (which causes twists)
Second, when your done fusing, use something hard and round to roll out the twists. Your lead won't stay straight, but that's ok, you can work that out as your wrapping
Thats actually a good idea with the bag I'll definitely try that on my next go at them I was going to do some more this weekend. I think I might have a roller around here somewhere. Thank you seriously!

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't do it with all of them just a small 10 in section I folded and twisted it together.

In my pic the cores are twisted before the clapton wrap. Just to clarify. I probably should have said that :wait:

RyanB

Member For 2 Years
In my pic the cores are twisted before the clapton wrap. Just to clarify. I probably should have said that :wait:
Ah! Yeah I definitely didn't pick up on that, but now I know. I'll give it a try, I'm not opposed to any suggestions that will help me out. Thank you

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor

Prolly about 4 inches would be good for 5 wraps, depend on the I'd also, I usually make 6 wraps either 3mm or 2.5mm I'd. I usually run about a 14 inch run and I get 3 6 wrap coils out of that.

VU Sponsors