Become a Patron!

Fitbit

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
So i just got a fitbit charge hr. Hoping to paying more attention to what is going in and what is being used so I can get back down to where i need to be. I was sedentary for so long I didnt realize just how out of shape I was til I started trying to make my 10,000 step goal lol. Anybody else out here using the fitbit and how are you liking it?

VapnJake

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not currently, nor have I before but I'll be following this thread to help see if it is something I'll be interested in... sounds like a good idea though!

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
While exercise is important, what goes in your mouth is 90% or more of the battle. Getting a fitbit is good for you. You are making a commitment to being healthier, congrads!

Hope all goes well for you, in your journey.

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I agree 90% is what goes in your mouth. I have tried other programs like the weight watchers and others but am really liking this fitbit. I like the way it figures out the calories as you should eat them not how many you have for the whole day. Helps me space out my meals better. I find myself having a hard time keeping in the zone. I am usually under budget lol. Cannot say I am to much into the challenges they do if you have friends using the app but maybe once I am in better shape and can start hitting them higher numbers I might get more into them. Its nice though because I have several friends using them so it helps give me some motivation. I chose the HR for the heart rate monitor. I had been put on some meds not to long ago that jacked my pressure through the roof and since quitting them it has come back down drastically but I like having a way to monitor what my heart is doing at a glance. Something about the way they have the goals broke down just helps me stick with it and not feel like I am depriving myself. Really liking it so far.

buzzkill657

Member For 4 Years
I got one 4 months ago and love it. My friends and I do challenges every few weeks. I've lost 26 pounds just by exercising more. Funny how that works.

It's like a silent drill Sargent on your wrist all the time

Been using the fit bit for about 3 months with the my fitness pal app that keeps track of everything you eat and syncs up with your fitbit which adds in your calories for the amount of steps that day

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I got one 4 months ago and love it. My friends and I do challenges every few weeks. I've lost 26 pounds just by exercising more. Funny how that works.

It's like a silent drill Sargent on your wrist all the time
lol I agree. While its my first weekend using it and I have not been making my goal over the weekend it does still push me to move and I am constantly thinking about how can I make my goal. It is just so blooming hot out here right now. For some reason I cannot get it to register if I use my treadmill to make my steps so that kind of sucks. My other issue has been working out all the aches and pains. First it was my shin splints figured out I need alot more protein in my diet so I added in protein shakes after my walks and first thing in the morning. Then the knee kicked in and felt like it was going to break when I tried to use the stairs (that one sucks because my bathroom is on the second level of my house and with the recent increase in water that had me in tears. Today both the legs and knee seem to be behaving so think I am going to take the dog for a walk. Very happy with way it does the daily food tracking in the fitbit just wish it was a more complete database. I have lost 2lbs in the first week so that is a good motivator to. I have a friend I work with that is always sending me the challenges so that helps to push me to.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Meh, had the Fitbit HR and it died on me after only about 11 months. The HR isn't all that accurate, stair climbs wasn't even close to being correct, very short "proprietary" charge cable and you needed to charge every other day. Not going to replace it, been looking at the Whithin, just a bit more expensive but it looks like a nice watch "and", no charging. You only have to replace the battery at around 8 months plus you can swim with it.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Meh, had the Fitbit HR and it died on me after only about 11 months. The HR isn't all that accurate, stair climbs wasn't even close to being correct, very short "proprietary" charge cable and you needed to charge every other day. Not going to replace it, been looking at the Whithin, just a bit more expensive but it looks like a nice watch "and", no charging. You only have to replace the battery at around 8 months plus you can swim with it.
I have the Fitbit One and love it. The charge cable is kinda short, but a full charge lasts me for a week easily. I've never had any issues with incorrect readings either.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
*I have a Jawbone Up Move. Tiny thing clips on to your clothes. It has a VERY good sleep tracking app as well as diet and activity.
*Tracking my sleep is my main concern. This 'bit' is the only one that will track it accurately and shown as a great bar chart, REM sleep, light sleep, when you're up (tossing or something). It also tells the time. I haven't tried the diet feature yet. I don't eat that much anyway.
*This is my second one. You can purchase one at Amazon, cheap. They also have wrist bands. Under $15.00. Being Discontinued.
So many colors. Mix and match.
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...sprefix=jawbone+up,aps,193&crid=1GGJGTZG1ZIAT

UpMoveBlack.jpg

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Fitbit helped me loose over 30 pounds so far, I used the steps/bike feature a lot, as well as the heartbeat monitor, It really is a great tool, next I am going to be looking at the Iwatch which has more improved sport/exercise features incorporated into it as well as some messaging features and of course the watch
https://developer.apple.com/watchos/

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I have a Fitbit Charge 2 and have had it for almost a year.

To be honest, the only reason I got the thing is that my GP (General Practitioner) rather strongly suggested it as she was concerned that my resting heartbeat during our quarterly exams was too high.

Anyway, I purchased the damn thing ($149.00) at the time.

The day after I got it, I decided that I absolutely HATED and DESPISED the El-Cheapo plastic wristband that came with it and I purchased upgraded to a magnetic metal mesh band...

71TBHZXclpL._SL1200_.jpg

The band (later on I purchased a Gold Band for when I am dressing up for the evening) is well worth the extra if you are committed to wearing Fitbit as it will adjust to the precise size of your wrist and it is also BREATHABLE.

Just search Amazon for Fitbit Charge 2 bands.

But as usual, this time of night I digress.

Now I rather like the thing. It stores my heart rate information for 90 days and I set up my account and gave my GP my password so she can log in and get all my stats when she likes.

Regarding the resting heartbeat?

I told her from the start that my resting heartbeat was only high in the doctor's office since I was already Pissed about having to fight city traffic to be poked and prodded by a doc and the vampires that take my blood!

Also, I use a fancy ass CPAP at night for my sleep apnea that log's my sleep data into the internet.

Turns out that my sleep doc can watch my FB results, compare with my CPAP and adjust remotely if needed.

I also think it is kinda cool that when I get a call or a text, I get an alert on my FB via vibration and display.

Kinda really digging this thing right now.

Seems that I more than got my money's worth!

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Update, My Fitbit charge 2 went to my daughter, for my anniversary I got the Iwatch series 2 and I added 3 exercise and health monitor apps onto it. Many Many more features than my Fitbit had, sync's up to my phone , wifi, GPS, bluetooth & more
37 pounds lost and with either the Fitbit or now my Iwatch, I have to say , these tools were a major part of my success, that and willpower to keep moving and change my diet to a healthier one.
U7PgUxs.jpg
SXI7fKg.jpg

BearHunter104

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
No Fitbit..............opted for the Garmin..........waterproof (take a shower or swim) no recharging......
Saved money to buy more juice..............

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Update, My Fitbit charge 2 went to my daughter, for my anniversary I got the Iwatch series 2 and I added 3 exercise and health monitor apps onto it. Many Many more features than my Fitbit had, sync's up to my phone , wifi, GPS, bluetooth & more
37 pounds lost and with either the Fitbit or now my Iwatch, I have to say , these tools were a major part of my success, that and willpower to keep moving and change my diet to a healthier one.
U7PgUxs.jpg
SXI7fKg.jpg

Congrats on losing 37 LBS!:stars2::pizza:

VU Sponsors