lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
presented by https://twitter.com/yes_i_vape so take that for what it is worth according to a Twitter post this will gather data for the surgeon general unofficially.

Vaping Study 2019-2020
Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey. This is an unofficial study being presented by Mikehla Duganieri, a student at the University of Pittsburgh. This study is to help understand the effects of vaping versus smoking and smoking cessation products.

In light of recent news reports discussing how 800 individuals have been hospitalized over the past month or so, this study is more important than ever.

With completion of this survey, you understand that this information may be used in academic writings, discussed with individuals, shared with local, state and federal government, and posted on social media.

You are not required to finish the survey. There are no consequences for exiting the survey. To stop taking the survey, please click the "X" on your browser/tab. There is no compensation for taking this survey.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfuaX3t2dXTniwMulizq9X8bbh2yeFX78l6SD5ai_KGANUn7g/viewform

Hey guys and gals, I'm the one who created the survey! Thank you all so far for doing it! Feel free to share it to other websites (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.). If you have any questions, please message me on Twitter (or @ me). My Twitter handle is @yes_i_vape

I'll be going live on Twitter again in the morning (currently 12:54 AM where I'm at), so feel free to follow me on Twitter and check for updates!

I appreciate you all! Take care, vape on!

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Welcome to the forum and for doing some research (hopefully not drenched in tobacco money), but I have some questions about privacy before allowing you to get information from me digitally. There will be others as well with the same questions who are privacy-minded:
1. What personal information are you collecting? Through the survey and through Google Analytics with the Google Drive link through
2. What kind of research is this being used for after the fact?

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome to the forum and for doing some research (hopefully not drenched in tobacco money), but I have some questions about privacy before allowing you to get information from me digitally. There will be others as well with the same questions who are privacy-minded:
1. What personal information are you collecting? Through the survey and through Google Analytics with the Google Drive link through
I'm privacy minded as well, but there's no personal info being gathered.....just general questions.

Hello! So, I am not funded from anyone (college student just gathering data).

To answer your first question, the only information that is demographic is your age range (ex 18-21), your race, and your gender. I don't use Google Analytics (didn't even know it was a thing), so nothing is being collected there.

As for research, this began as a survey for school to discuss vaping versus traditional smoking cessation products, but with all of the media lately on vaping, this information may be used to discuss with local, state and federal agencies such as the FDA.

The data is on Twitter Live as well at least twice a day (@yes_i_vape is my Twitter handle).

Quick update: we are at 2,720 responses.

I do have a question though. I was informed this morning that @ruthless_vapor has taken my survey, cut out a couple of questions, changed the way you answer certain things, and made their own survey called "Fight 4 Flavors Study 2019-2020." I have video evidence of them using verbatim of my survey, which I've dedicated tons of time into.

Do you guys have any ideas on what I could do? First and foremost is a letter of course stating that I know what they did.

Thanks

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
IANAL but i think all you can do is call Him out and try to report it with his hosting as plagiarism or copyright

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
That's what I am trying to figure out, does it violate copyright even though this isn't a copyrighted product? I don't know.

You cant copyright questions and once you put it out in the public space people will do what they do. I dont think a broad survey even qualifies as intellectual property unless it is proprietary in how it collects and parses the data set.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Survey taken. Honestly I personally wouldn't stress over some similarities, the more surveys taken the better if they have a possibility of being submitted for research analysis. Maybe choose the high road?

sr20vet

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Hope it helps
1960fc422792066c4dd1fe53f7b78b0a.jpg

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Done!
And to quote one of my answers on the survey, "Three years ago I had to have a stent put in the main artery in my right leg due to blockage caused by a 45 year smoking habit. I had tried to quit unsuccessfully many times before, if it hadn't been for vaping I think this time would have more than likely been unsuccessful as well.
I honestly feel that vaping saved my life!"

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

Last edited:

AvaOrchid

Member For 4 Years
presented by https://twitter.com/yes_i_vape so take that for what it is worth according to a Twitter post this will gather data for the surgeon general unofficially.

Vaping Study 2019-2020
Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey. This is an unofficial study being presented by Mikehla Duganieri, a student at the University of Pittsburgh. This study is to help understand the effects of vaping versus smoking and smoking cessation products.

In light of recent news reports discussing how 800 individuals have been hospitalized over the past month or so, this study is more important than ever.

With completion of this survey, you understand that this information may be used in academic writings, discussed with individuals, shared with local, state and federal government, and posted on social media.

You are not required to finish the survey. There are no consequences for exiting the survey. To stop taking the survey, please click the "X" on your browser/tab. There is no compensation for taking this survey.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfuaX3t2dXTniwMulizq9X8bbh2yeFX78l6SD5ai_KGANUn7g/viewform
A bit late but I've done the survey I hope that it's not past collection time

VU Sponsors