Become a Patron!

Flavorah is pretty damn awesome!

returnity

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So, I saw Flavorah (website) is a new DIY flavoring sponsor here on these forums as well as offering a great deal on reddit, and after inquiring with them about a bunch of stuff, I placed an order. Here's my experience (if you happened to see my reddit post, this is the same content, by and large):

I quizzed the crap out of them first, and requested a couple substitutions, which they generously offered to do (despite my taking advantage of their already stellar buy-one-get-one-free deal). Their flavors are superconcentrated, recommended at 2-5% on average, and specifically designed for vaping. The price is really fair, so why not try them out while they offer such a deal, I thought. They also post recommended percentages, flavor specific gravity (weights per mL), and notes about diketone content for each flavor on their website. Serious props to them for that!

I spent $35 on a 7-flavor multipack of 15mL bottles, and got another 7 flavors for free be entering "reddit+NameOfFreeMultipack" in the order comments.... or at least, that's what I thought I ordered. Rather than just doing the substitutions I asked for, they decided to hook me the fuck up instead. Expecting a smallish package of 14 15mL bottles, when I turned up at my apartment's mailroom, I got a suspiciously heavy box. I opened it up, and my jaw dropped: this is what was inside! Yeah, that's 43 fucking bottles of super-concentrated flavor joy! I don't even know what to say. They sent me their entire 21-flavor line, times two (plus an extra Vanilla Custard, because I requested a substitution to get more in my original puny 14-flavor order). That's right, they fucking TRIPLED my order. Damn... A couple bottles did leak slightly in my package, but as you can see, they're all bagged individually by flavor, so nothing made a mess or contaminated anything, and I can't imagine it's their fault because all the lids on the bottle were on tightly and secured with tamper-evident caps, so I'm not even sure where those few drops leaked from. EDIT: I contacted Brendan (@Shoreline here on VU) to let him know he might want to consider revising his bottles, and despite me explicitly stating I was NOT asking for replacements, he insists on replacing the bottles that leaked, and got them shipped out TODAY somehow. This guy is on fucking point, people.

Now, on to the flavors themselves. First thing I do with my flavors when I get them, is obviously the smell test. I plan to write up a full review, but let me just say this now: These all smell fucking excellent. There's not a single one that smells 'off', overtly chemical, or alcoholic to me, like some TFA flavors do, which is particularly surprising because of the super-concentrated nature of these babies. Even the tobaccos, which I initially tried to substitute out, smell like they could be good. The Vanilla Custard in particular, smells outrageously good, and I've already done a few mixes with that, and a couple others. As @Botboy141 said, their Pink Guava is a dead ringer for a fantastic tart grapefruit, which is similar in some ways to unsweetened guava, but I've never had a grapefruit-type flavor this good before.

I'd be remiss if I didn't leave you with at least a recipe to convince you to try this out, so here's a little something to try out when you get your Flavorah flavors (and yes, you can just order the VC individually if you want):

Flavanilla Custard Crumble:
  • Flavorah (FLV) Vanilla Custard - 5-6%
  • TFA Cinnamon Sugar Cookie - 4%
  • TFA Dulce de Leche - 1%
  • TFA Vanilla Swirl - 2%
  • TFA Graham Cracker Clear - 1%
I plan to start a Flavorah Recipes thread for those of us who'd like to try to collaborate mixing with these awesome flavors, and I'll be sharing more recipes with their stuff as I get more familiar with their offerings. I'm also working on substituting their Vanilla Custard directly for Capella/TFA in all my recipes which used those, because I plan to convert entirely to Flavorah. Did I mention their Vanilla Custard is diacetyl-free? Trash your CAP VC V2 now, and smile a happy sigh of relief. You may still prefer the CAP V1 (some will) to the FLV, but the V2 is not as good as this.

Thank you so much Brendan, this was an amazing, unexpected surprise, and I'll consider it a lovely belated DIY birthday present, since my bday was just last week! Some more information, and a good Q&A with Brendan of Flavorah, can be found here in the Flavorah VU thread.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So, I saw Flavorah (website) is a new DIY flavoring sponsor here on these forums as well as offering a great deal on reddit, and after inquiring with them about a bunch of stuff, I placed an order. Here's my experience (if you happened to see my reddit post, this is the same content, by and large):

I quizzed the crap out of them first, and requested a couple substitutions, which they generously offered to do (despite my taking advantage of their already stellar buy-one-get-one-free deal). Their flavors are superconcentrated, recommended at 2-5% on average, and specifically designed for vaping. The price is really fair, so why not try them out while they offer such a deal, I thought. They also post recommended percentages, flavor specific gravity (weights per mL), and notes about diketone content for each flavor on their website. Serious props to them for that!

I spent $35 on a 7-flavor multipack of 15mL bottles, and got another 7 flavors for free be entering "reddit+NameOfFreeMultipack" in the order comments.... or at least, that's what I thought I ordered. Rather than just doing the substitutions I asked for, they decided to hook me the fuck up instead. Expecting a smallish package of 14 15mL bottles, when I turned up at my apartment's mailroom, I got a suspiciously heavy box. I opened it up, and my jaw dropped: this is what was inside! Yeah, that's 43 fucking bottles of super-concentrated flavor joy! I don't even know what to say. They sent me their entire 21-flavor line, times two (plus an extra Vanilla Custard, because I requested a substitution to get more in my original puny 14-flavor order). That's right, they fucking TRIPLED my order. Damn... A couple bottles did leak slightly in my package, but as you can see, they're all bagged individually by flavor, so nothing made a mess or contaminated anything, and I can't imagine it's their fault because all the lids on the bottle were on tightly and secured with tamper-evident caps, so I'm not even sure where those few drops leaked from. EDIT: I contacted Brendan (@Shoreline here on VU) to let him know he might want to consider revising his bottles, and despite me explicitly stating I was NOT asking for replacements, he insists on replacing the bottles that leaked, and got them shipped out TODAY somehow. This guy is on fucking point, people.

Now, on to the flavors themselves. First thing I do with my flavors when I get them, is obviously the smell test. I plan to write up a full review, but let me just say this now: These all smell fucking excellent. There's not a single one that smells 'off', overtly chemical, or alcoholic to me, like some TFA flavors do, which is particularly surprising because of the super-concentrated nature of these babies. Even the tobaccos, which I initially tried to substitute out, smell like they could be good. The Vanilla Custard in particular, smells outrageously good, and I've already done a few mixes with that, and a couple others. As @Botboy141 said, their Pink Guava is a dead ringer for a fantastic tart grapefruit, which is similar in some ways to unsweetened guava, but I've never had a grapefruit-type flavor this good before.

I'd be remiss if I didn't leave you with at least a recipe to convince you to try this out, so here's a little something to try out when you get your Flavorah flavors (and yes, you can just order the VC individually if you want):

Flavanilla Custard Crumble:
  • Flavorah (FLV) Vanilla Custard - 5-6%
  • TFA Cinnamon Sugar Cookie - 4%
  • TFA Dulce de Leche - 1%
  • TFA Vanilla Swirl - 2%
  • TFA Graham Cracker Clear - 1%
I plan to start a Flavorah Recipes thread for those of us who'd like to try to collaborate mixing with these awesome flavors, and I'll be sharing more recipes with their stuff as I get more familiar with their offerings. I'm also working on substituting their Vanilla Custard directly for Capella/TFA in all my recipes which used those, because I plan to convert entirely to Flavorah. Did I mention their Vanilla Custard is diacetyl-free? Trash your CAP VC V2 now, and smile a happy sigh of relief. You may still prefer the CAP V1 (some will) to the FLV, but the V2 is not as good as this.

Thank you so much Brendan, this was an amazing, unexpected surprise, and I'll consider it a lovely belated DIY birthday present, since my bday was just last week! Some more information, and a good Q&A with Brendan of Flavorah, can be found here in the Flavorah VU thread.

Thanks a lot for reporting on these-! I bought some too recently using the the very good deal via reddit promo and got exactly what I ordered. Since you say you plan to use exclusively Flavorah flavors from now on, I'm curious how long you've been working with them?

I haven't mixed any of mine yet--only smelled from the bottle--and they do seem extremely potent--although of course it's hard to say before mixing.

In the recipe above, you have 5-6% Flavorah Vanilla Custard as part of a recipe with 13-14% flavoring. This seems a bit high for the Flavorah usage estimate of 1-5% considering that as part of a recipe (as opposed to a standalone flavor) the percentage used generally drops to the lower end of the range. I say this not at all as a critique of your recipe, but rather as question about the estimated percentages Flavorah is giving and whether you think they are accurate.

returnity

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks a lot for reporting on these-! I bought some too recently using the the very good deal via reddit promo and got exactly what I ordered. Since you say you plan to use exclusively Flavorah flavors from now on, I'm curious how long you've been working with them?

I haven't mixed any of mine yet--only smelled from the bottle--and they do seem extremely potent--although of course it's hard to say before mixing.

In the recipe above, you have 5-6% Flavorah Vanilla Custard as part of a recipe with 13-14% flavoring. This seems a bit high for the Flavorah usage estimate of 1-5% considering that as part of a recipe (as opposed to a standalone flavor) the percentage used generally drops to the lower end of the range. I say this not at all as a critique of your recipe, but rather as question about the estimated percentages Flavorah is giving and whether you think they are accurate.

I just meant that I'd be attempting to swap all my diketone-laden Vanilla Custard recipes over to Flavorah VC, not that I'm giving up my love affair with FA! Never in a million years lol. I've been working with them exactly since I got the flavors this past week lol, and I've no intention of switiching to using them exclusively -- I have over 200 other flavors in my repertoire that I love to use. The recipe itself is evidence of that.

Flavorah estimated 2-5%, I personally believe this range includes blending not just standalone. So far from my experience, that's fairly accurate. The flavor of the FLV VC is not as strong and chemical as CAP VC, it's a bit more subtle and realistic, so I bumped it up to get a more pronounced effect. TFA flavors are notoriously dliute, so naturally I require more of them than FA or FLV to get a strong flavor, which is what I was looking for. I initially made this with 4% FLV VC but I found I was wanting a little more custardy flavor so I pushed it up. I hope that helps?

VU Sponsors