Become a Patron!

Flavour Disappointment

Hi all, I recently decided to convert to vaping, but I have some issues with the flavour of my e-juices. About 3 weeks ago I bought a Voopoo Drag X and I'm currently using a 0.6 Ohm coil. I bought 2 Shake and Vape juices Vampire Vape Heisenberg and Pacha Mama Mango and Pineapple. The base I bought was a generic brand but I hadn't noticed that it had "orange" flavouring. I mixed the base in the bottles and let it sit for 2-3 days. After the time had passed I primed my coil and everything. Started vaping and well It just tasted like "nothing" with a slightly sweet note. I thought it might be from the eliquid so after I finished it I poured the other juice I got but it was the same thing "nothing". When I taste the eliquids they taste as they should but when I vape them it's not the case. Can anyone help me out?

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi and Welcome :wave:
I have never used any shake and vape liquids, but maybe they need to sit longer for better flavor? I use commercial juices.
When I 1st started vaping over 7 years ago , I remember having trouble tasting juice flavors, except for menthol or mints( those were strong enough for me to taste those). Took a while( a few months) for my taste buds to heal after 30+ years of cigarette smoking.
Maybe try something with a stronger flavor may help . I remember much trial and error on finding juices I liked in the beginning.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Please explain (specifically) what you used... "shake n vape" and "base". Where are you (no need to be specific... like what country)? This is your first time vaping? We need more info.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
One key to bay diy is to let it steep. There are ways to make the process run quicker.
First off steeping is letting the juice sit untouched in a cool dark place to let he flavors marry. Think of it like food. The flavors need to go incorporate and come together. This is why we simmer sauces or gumbos for hours. That’s why grandmas red sauce was always best on Sunday.

Some people use a sonic cleaner to steep juice faster. I’m lazy so I’ll mix a big batch and set them in the closet for a few weeks and keep a rotation going so my juice is always ready. On the rare occasion that I don’t have a reserve or mix something new, I’ll set it next to a heat source- like leave it in the car “on accident” or set it near a heater for a few hours.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The base I bought was a generic brand but I hadn't noticed that it had "orange" flavouring.

Unflavored "base". Always be sure you get clean unflavored base from a reputable vendor. Ask around, read up in our DIY juice section. You can get a fairly decent listing of which vendors offer pure unflavored base.

You can also just get the base and spend a couple bucks on flavorings, or flavor concentrates from Bull City. Put a few drops of flavoring in unflavored base, what you get? Flavored juice.

Also agree with @SnapDragon NY about it taking time. You don't go from 30-40 years of sucking down death right into sipping good whiskey by way of vaping. Takes a minute getting there.

Agree with @f1r3b1rd while at it. Sometimes you better let sleeping dogs lay.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors