FlavourArt Club ... formally known as the PureVapes thread

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Noooooo, give him a fair chance. I sincerely appreciate that, but he posted this morning and I didn't know that anyone would respond to him. Everyone seems so happy with theirs. Seriously, if he says no, in a fair amount of time, then I'll definitely take it. You might make his day and that would make me much happier.
Okie dokie....:D

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For anyone interested I just replaced my billows with the Crius. So easy to build n wick n the flavor is outstanding. Loving both Styles that I bought including velocity deck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where did you get your Crius w/velocity deck?

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Wet vapes. If u use mikevapes coupon code u get 10% off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi everyone. What kind of coils are you all building for the bellus and billow v2.
So far I'm liking 26 gauge Kanthal 2.5mm 7 wraps/spaced in the Billow(I think that's what I got in it now) any way it reads around .43 ohms. For the Bellus I'm still playing around w/24 gauge tight wrap 2.5mm and sometimes I'll change the height of the coils, lower for warmer, higher for cooler. I think I finally got the wicking down for no leaks when top filling. For me, I like the Billow for the ease of use and the airflow wide open is perfect for my taste.

Kingboomer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
my FA order was deliverd today from Italy. Yesterday my scales came in. Maybe mix something up later.

97209e02de7bebd4374e3129bdfe7aa1.jpg

Unfortunaly not in the right mindset yet to give up the stinky things, no doubt ill get there in the end.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9301I met Tapatalk

See, you're coming right along ;). Good luck on your mixing journey.

-Kingboomer

:D made some mixes today, HIC sugary almond aplletart, HIC vanilla nut coffee, HIC chai tea latte And the billberry/raspberry mix
:rolleyes: my taste buds are really F* up lol even all the spices in the chai are weak atm :oops: ( also used to vape 50/50 so not used to vaping
max VG like i have to now)

Little question about putting some sweetness in to the bill/rasp mix, what can i use best to do that?
i have marshmellow, torrone, marzipan and meringue

edit :D the flavour mixes itself are awesome @HeadInClouds thank you for sharing all this goodness

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
:rolleyes: my taste buds are really F* up lol even all the spices in the chai are weak atm :oops: ( also used to vape 50/50 so not used to vaping
the flavour mixes itself are awesome @HeadInClouds thank you for sharing all this goodness
ppy place,too
My taste buds are messed up, too, 47 years of smoking does that. For me, I have learned my happy place (mostly) on percentages. I just keep the proportions the same as the recipe. I do use 50/50, works for me. You will find your happy place, too!

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am always working on a good fruity all FA juice, preferably without any sweetener. So my latest favorite I call Cabana Drama.

Cabana Drama
Pineapple 2%
Apricot 2%
White Peach 2%
Grapefruit 1%
Meringue 1%
Vanilla Bourbon 1%
Yogurt 1%
Fuji Apple .5%

Gets juicier and creamier after a day or two.

Link to the recipe in calculator for adjustment and measures. http://tjek.nu/r/2CPY

Last edited:

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Has anyone tried ni200 builds
I fiddled with ni200 for a few months but was never really satisfied. I do enjoy the ni200 heads in the smok tct tank quite a bit though. I picked up some titanium and stainless steel to play with a couple weeks ago, but I got a roll of the UD Clapton wire at the same time and haven't wanted to take it out yet.

Last edited:

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey, RyGon, it's good to see you and thank you for sharing your creation.

I'm a noob to coil wrapping (like ELI5 noob). I, too use Ni200 heads. Is that Clapton wire (with which I'm familiar) available in nickle, Titanium, stainless, gold or diamond-encrusted? OK ... got carried away again. Available in Ni or Ti?

Thank you, sir for your help and guidance. :)

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hey, RyGon, it's good to see you and thank you for sharing your creation.

I'm a noob to coil wrapping (like ELI5 noob). I, too use Ni200 heads. Is that Clapton wire (with which I'm familiar) available in nickle, Titanium, stainless, gold or diamond-encrusted? OK ... got carried away again. Available in Ni or Ti?

Thank you, sir for your help and guidance. :)
As far as I know the UD clapton wire is only available in kanthal. I tend to be skeptical of trendy build techniques, but claptons and Scottish roll really seem to be legit.

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
:D made some mixes today, HIC sugary almond aplletart, HIC vanilla nut coffee, HIC chai tea latte And the billberry/raspberry mix

Little question about putting some sweetness in to the bill/rasp mix, what can i use best to do that?

edit :D the flavour mixes itself are awesome @HeadInClouds thank you for sharing all this goodness
All of his mixes are weak to a lot of people. Some double his recipes, myself included. I think he's a super taster. I like to use Meringue for bakery dessert mixes sweetening, and marshmallow in fruit mixes for sweetening, And doesn't change the flavor profile too much. Start low, like 1%, then increase to taste.

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

All of his mixes are weak to a lot of people. Some double his recipes, myself included. I think he's a super taster. I like to use Meringue for bakery dessert mixes sweetening, and marshmallow in fruit mixes for sweetening, And doesn't change the flavor profile too much. Start low, like 1%, then increase to taste.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Picture a walk around your estate in late spring; fresh mowed lawn, goldfish in the pond, a proper garden, formal attire on your lover, and the Bentley at your door ready to take you for a night on the town.

Well, it's not quite that, but it will inspire dreams.

Bermuda Grass

3% FA Green Tea
0.5% FA Licorice
0.5% FA Jasmine
0.5% FA Jamaican Rum

Simple yet elegant. Enjoy the good life.
This really needs its own thread Caddisfly. I'm really digging it!

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ianyone know if bull city doing any deals ?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What a great group. Hey, listen, I know we all have plans for tomorrow, but some time afterward, whadaya say? My place for dinner? It'd be a hoot! :)
Where ya at? (That's KY for "Where are you?") Count me in. My plans changed, so I'll be over after work.

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ecigexpress is having a great sale. Their site is boggy but I just completed a order. Don't forget the vu coupon code for a additional 10% off. They have other flavors on sale as well. No coupon code is needed for the 30% off sale.
I don't see any sale there, prices are showing regular. Is it certain brands?

Chrispdx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey everybody, I am looking for advice on using FA Orange and FA Tangerine. I recently mixed a bottle of 60vg/40pg 3mg nic of Orange FA 1%+ Tangerine FA 1%+Vienna Cream FA 1%. Needless to say, 1 day of rest the taste note was “has a good start” and was hoping the taste of the orange would develop. The following day, the orange flavor dropped which was a sad result. 4 days later flavor was still low…so I figured lets up the percentages and good with adding…1% orange+1% Tangerin+1% Whipped Cream FA. Tried after 36 hours of steeping. Same result.

So the question is...Should I be using a 6%-8% of Orange/Tangerine rather than my 2%-4% mix? And, does anyone find that Orange flavors from FA are only good for shake and vape and not good at all for a liquid that is to steep for 1-2 weeks?

I have been noticing this issue over and over again with Orange & Tangerine from FA (yes I have an orange on the way from I think Cap…that is supposed to round out my mix but I thought I would have a flavor drop off). For example on the drop off on flavor…I made HIC’s complete orange tictac…does exactly what it should right out of the gate (6 hours later)…yet after 4 days or more of rest the orange flavor drops and the main flavor profile becomes mint+anise with very very subtle orange.

I am so very desperate to have orange work because there is a specific juice I want to clone, but I have to have an orange base first to build upon.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
+
Hey, Chrispdx! Fruit vapes are the ones most likely to shake & vape. At the other end of the spectrum are custards, then tobaccos.

That said, you should be good in that respect but try increasing your Orange/Tangerine combo by 1 % at a time rather than jumping straight to 6 or 8 %. Track down HIC's orangey recipes as he recommends that combination though I remember not the relative percentages.

Have fun!

Chrispdx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's just super wacky. I ran into the worst problem with FA strawberry and FA joy, but that turn about to be a flavor combo that just didn't work for me since I found out joy and billberry turned out great. Just for the life of me 2% of both orange and manderine I figured would pop at that point or hold a flavor.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

Doots

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's just super wacky. I ran into the worst problem with FA strawberry and FA joy, but that turn about to be a flavor combo that just didn't work for me since I found out joy and billberry turned out great. Just for the life of me 2% of both orange and manderine I figured would pop at that point or hold a flavor.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.
Hey everybody, I am looking for advice on using FA Orange and FA Tangerine. I recently mixed a bottle of 60vg/40pg 3mg nic of Orange FA 1%+ Tangerine FA 1%+Vienna Cream FA 1%. Needless to say, 1 day of rest the taste note was “has a good start” and was hoping the taste of the orange would develop. The following day, the orange flavor dropped which was a sad result. 4 days later flavor was still low…so I figured lets up the percentages and good with adding…1% orange+1% Tangerin+1% Whipped Cream FA. Tried after 36 hours of steeping. Same result.

So the question is...Should I be using a 6%-8% of Orange/Tangerine rather than my 2%-4% mix? And, does anyone find that Orange flavors from FA are only good for shake and vape and not good at all for a liquid that is to steep for 1-2 weeks?

I have been noticing this issue over and over again with Orange & Tangerine from FA (yes I have an orange on the way from I think Cap…that is supposed to round out my mix but I thought I would have a flavor drop off). For example on the drop off on flavor…I made HIC’s complete orange tictac…does exactly what it should right out of the gate (6 hours later)…yet after 4 days or more of rest the orange flavor drops and the main flavor profile becomes mint+anise with very very subtle orange.

I am so very desperate to have orange work because there is a specific juice I want to clone, but I have to have an orange base first to build upon.

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Chrispdx, I've had the same experience with every FA fruit I've tried. Admittedly, I am not a "fruit" guy and certainly have not tried them all; but of the FA citrus flavors I've tried, all of them fade (some more dramatically than others) inside of 5 or so days. This includes Lemon Sicily, Lime Cold-Pressed, and Orange. I have literally changed the way I've been mixing for the past couple of years to accommodate the characteristics of these FA flavorings along with certain others, because I enjoy them that much. I still mix 120 ml batches of my go-to ADV tobaccos, but with any recipe that utilizes an FA fruit as a primary flavor component, I mix just enough at once to last me a couple of days, which is generally 10 ml per batch. I've tried upping percentages to compensate for shelf-life beyond a week, but found the results too unpredictable, especially with more complex recipes using FA fruits alongside flavorings from other manufacturers. I have no interest in determining any given recipe's "sweet spot" in the steeping process. I either want to mix it and let it sit for a couple of days or weeks knowing that it will get better, or mix it and vape it immediately. FA fruits are outstanding in the latter role.

The exception is if I'm mixing an FA fruit with a cream-type like Vienna or Catalan. For instance, if I'm doing a simple lemon cream pie, I'll up the Lemon Sicily by a couple percent and keep the Vienna and other components where I normally would for a shake and vape. Vienna likes to sit, Sicily does not. After a couple of days, the flavors sort of meet in the middle and I know the juice will be at peak flavor. If that mix sits around for longer than a week (yeah right! :D), I'm going to add a drop or two of Sicily to brighten it up before I tank it.

Chrispdx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the info. My hopes to recreate "sunshine" from DotCom vaper seems to be dwindling by second until I can buy every possible Orange flavor out there. He does use something that holds long enough to sit on a self for retail.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the info. My hopes to recreate "sunshine" from DotCom vaper seems to be dwindling by second until I can buy every possible Orange flavor out there. He does use something that holds long enough to sit on a self for retail.

Keep the faith.

I sometimes think that many of us own "every possible" version of one flavor in order to find the best of the best. Lot's of reading here will certainly save you a few bucks. :)

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Chrispdx, have you tried Flavor West's Ecto Cooler flavoring? I've never had the juice you're looking to recreate, but if you're looking for an Orange/Tangerine beverage type, Ecto nails it.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@Chrispdx, have you tried Flavor West's Ecto Cooler flavoring? I've never had the juice you're looking to recreate, but if you're looking for an Orange/Tangerine beverage type, Ecto nails it.
That's exactly the one I had in mind when I said I might be getting closer. Just haven't had a chance to play much.

Chrispdx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll try the ecto next. I just recieved my 2nd large diy order of flavors this week so I'm going to play with the orange cream I recieved. I would love to submit a 3rd, but I think I have over spent and used my 6 months worth of cigarette budget at this point so I need to slow down the buying...its just so easy to buy 1 then add the 2nd flavor then add the 3rd...then 18 flavors later at check out.

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ecto starts tasting exactly like the Hi-C drink at around 8-10%, and more like Tang at half that strength. It also steeps well, but tends to separate if you let it sit too long. Shake well before mixing, dripping, and tanking! Pretty sure this is one of the flavorings that helped put Mad Murdock on the vaping map.

Also, don't put it in plastic as it's one of the more caustic flavorings I've tried.

VU Sponsors