Become a Patron!

Fogger v4 leaks like a sieve when filling...

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm no noob to RTAs, but this thing is crazy. I fill it with an 18g blunt tip through the fill hole, and liquid just pours out of the drip tip. Any advice on filling this thing? Is there a better technique? TIA

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Do you have the air holes covered when filling?

Also they are best filling with the plastic tip bottle tops, not made to use a syringe for filling really.

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Do you have the air holes covered when filling?

Also they are best filling with the plastic tip bottle tops, not made to use a syringe for filling really.

No, I didn't cover the air holes. I don't cover my kayfun air holes when I fill, so I assumed that I didn't need to do that.

I tried filling with dripper tops, but got backwash out of the fill hole, so I moved to the syringe.

I'll try my next fill covering the air holes and see where that gets me.

Thanks for your suggestions.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This video helped me a bunch. It also depends on which Fogger v4 you have. There are four sub-versions of the Fogger v4...;)

Yeah, he kinda drones on at the beginning, but the build is amazing and effective. Go to about 7:40 if you want to skip the mod introduction and stuff.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's best filled with a bottle, not a syringe. I take a tiny piece of paper towel and stuff it in the drip tip hole when I'm filling!

Also, I wick with rayon, and while I got very good flavor using the wicking method above, it leaked out of the airholes. I now trim my wicks at an angle, so just a tiny bit is in the channels, and it's working very well. I have the 4.3 with the bigger deck and reduced capacity, though, so it may depend which version you have.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
IDK if this helps, but when I tried that vid's build today, I made sure that when I was pushing the wicks down I also pushed them away from the airholes...so it can't get excess juice from the wicks down there. No leaking here on V4.3 as well. =)

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
a6aj4.jpg
I just lost AT LEAST 5mls of liquid. I covered the air holes, and filled with a bottle. NIAGARA FALLS! I guess I'll have to try plugging the drip tip next. It's like it just FORCES the liquid out, because of the vacuum. Jeez what a pain. Other than this fill problem, I love my Fogger. This IS a major annoyance though.

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi all, just thought I'd post back. I figured out the problem. NOT ENOUGHT WICK. While I didn't have leaking from the air holes during use, there was not enough wick to keep the liquid from pushing through the liquid channels when filling. Thanks for all your suggestions. Hope this helps someone else, if they're having the same issue.

VU Sponsors