Become a Patron!

For newbies wanting to make their own juice (links included)

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks a lot very informative cos is my first time making juice, i have a general idea from all that i read here and i downloaded some apps its just a little confusing but i think i got it figured out
One thing VG would of the freezer is kind of thick. There is not real mixing it unless it warms up.

Kind of fun to fuck around with just vg in a dish and it being in the freezer till it is semi solid.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As a new DIYer the I"ve learned one very important thing so far. Do Not buy more than 10ml of any flavoring until you're sure you like it. Case in point is Vanilla Bean Ice Cream by TFA. It's used in so many recipes and is supposed to be delicious. So I bought 60 ml. I didn't know that some people taste pepper from it. I'm one of them and I'll never use the 60ml. Ever. That's money I could have used on Strawberry-Ripe.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
As a new DIYer the I"ve learned one very important thing so far. Do Not buy more than 10ml of any flavoring until you're sure you like it. Case in point is Vanilla Bean Ice Cream by TFA. It's used in so many recipes and is supposed to be delicious. So I bought 60 ml. I didn't know that some people taste pepper from it. I'm one of them and I'll never use the 60ml. Ever. That's money I could have used on Strawberry-Ripe.
At what % are you using it? I can only tolerate it at 1%. I do get the peppery taste, but I don't mind that. There's just something about the flavoring, that when I use it any higher than that, it tastes FUNKY.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Just confirms how different everybody's taste buds work as it's one of my favorites.
CAP VBIC is also great, but slightly different from TFA so it might work instead.
Some really like Liquid Barns Vanilla Ice Cream but I haven't tried that one yet.
You can try to sub the TFA VBIC with TFA Vanilla Swirl, if you like that flavor anyway.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
At what % are you using it? I can only tolerate it at 1%. I do get the peppery taste, but I don't mind that. There's just something about the flavoring, that when I use it any higher than that, it tastes FUNKY.

That's a good question and it made me look through my notes from the first two batches I made 5 weeks ago and %s ran from 4-8. Perhaps I should try again, start at 1 and take it from there. Or, I'll just mix it alone at 1% and see if I gag.

Cheers.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just confirms how different everybody's taste buds work as it's one of my favorites.
CAP VBIC is also great, but slightly different from TFA so it might work instead.
Some really like Liquid Barns Vanilla Ice Cream but I haven't tried that one yet.
You can try to sub the TFA VBIC with TFA Vanilla Swirl, if you like that flavor anyway.

I'll try that as I do love vanilla. I've been waiting on an order from Chef's Vapors in UK for 3 weeks that has a couple of FA vanillas in it. I guess at this point I'll never see that order as neither Chef's Vapors nor the Royal Post seem inclined to even answer my emails. I need to find a US supplier that'll ship over here.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'll try that as I do love vanilla. I've been waiting on an order from Chef's Vapors in UK for 3 weeks that has a couple of FA vanillas in it. I guess at this point I'll never see that order as neither Chef's Vapors nor the Royal Post seem inclined to even answer my emails. I need to find a US supplier that'll ship over here.
If you haven't yet, check out this thread, you might find some suppliers that would save you from paying shipping from the US. http://vapingunderground.com/threads/uk-diy-ers.192437/

32bitlord

TPD Compliant
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks for the post. We all use different suppliers and different methods but it’s great that you made the effort to help others. That’s worth a thumbs up in my opinion.

Sent from my Atari 2600 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors