Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Sounds great, just lemme know. Thanks!

@jssaylor2007 Almost finished with wood shell for Mod we spoke about. Here are some pics. If this meets with your satisfaction please let me know so that I can continue on with final sanding, waxing and wiring it up.

Front with Zia symbol inlay
WBxODTn.jpg

Back with Texas Tech symbol inlay
rOzpjU8.jpg

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@jssaylor2007 Almost finished with wood shell for Mod we spoke about. Here are some pics. If this meets with your satisfaction please let me know so that I can continue on with final sanding, waxing and wiring it up.

Front with Zia symbol inlay
WBxODTn.jpg

Back with Texas Tech symbol inlay
rOzpjU8.jpg
Wow! Looks fantastic. Huge greenlight from me!

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Ok I will put the copper in. And will finish up shortly. I will then send final images to you before we settle up and gets shipped. If you change your mind and want red one instead let me know. Or if you have any questions or addons you want. also let me know. Have a good day. Thanks.

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
@Sonar505

2 ???S
do you even make stab wood blanks
do you ever make pwm mods with leds to read batt voltage

As for the stab wood. Tho I am gathering the materials to make a vacuum chamber. So far I have not made any.

On Pwm mods I have in the past made some simple ones with 555 timers. But so far have not made any Smart pwm or Big Al's pwm although I know I can.
The main reason being that no one has asked for one.

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
@Mattp169 since I did not tag you before not sure if you read my reply. So tagging you now to see if you are interested in me making you a Wood PWM?

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Thanks @NGAHaze The reason I post in the COOP section is because I was told that is where I can post my mods for sale.
A while back I was given a choice either accept a Vendor label and post in Unlisted Vendor section. Or since I did not want such a label associated with me. I could post them in the COOP section. Not Sure why in that particular section?
But do agree that I would reach a wider audience if allowed to post in Hardware Section like I used to.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Oh wow! I can't believe I haven't posted on your thread....
I can't recommend these enough! I have both an okl20 and a mech squonk from sonar. Both are beautiful!!!
8c9d56d4827e641faff97fc87c9c79fa.jpg

BAM crew

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Thanks @NGAHaze The reason I post in the COOP section is because I was told that is where I can post my mods for sale.
A while back I was given a choice either accept a Vendor label and post in Unlisted Vendor section. Or since I did not want such a label associated with me. I could post them in the COOP section. Not Sure why in that particular section?
But do agree that I would reach a wider audience if allowed to post in Hardware Section like I used to.
Silly imo. It's not like you are lost vape or something.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Doots

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sonar's work is unsurpassed.. Pics don't do these mods justice and vape like champs!!
Thanks Sonar for the mod you made me.. :) If you get the chance to get one of these do it..!

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
How do requests work? I give you an idea of what I'm thinking and I'm guessing a deposit? I'd love a mech in various shades of purple with a 20700 battery.

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
How do requests work? I give you an idea of what I'm thinking and I'm guessing a deposit? I'd love a mech in various shades of purple with a 20700 battery.

Thanks for asking appreciate the interest. Its very simple you tell me what you are looking for . and I tell you whether or not. it is something I can make. and also when I am able to get started on it . As I self limit the number of requests I am willing to to take on at any one time. Since I am just finishing up the prior requests this is the perfect time to ask . I do not require any type of deposit or payment until the mod is ready to ship and done to yours and my satisfaction. I simply rely on my fellow vapers keeping their word that they will buy when I make the mod they are requesting.
So if you are willing just let me know and I would be very happy to make you a 20700 mech squonker in various shades of purple.:cheers:

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Thanks for asking appreciate the interest. Its very simple you tell me what you are looking for . and I tell you whether or not. it is something I can make. and also when I am able to get started on it . As I self limit the number of requests I am willing to to take on at any one time. Since I am just finishing up the prior requests this is the perfect time to ask . I do not require any type of deposit or payment until the mod is ready to ship and done to yours and my satisfaction. I simply rely on my fellow vapers keeping their word that they will buy when I make the mod they are requesting.
So if you are willing just let me know and I would be very happy to make you a 20700 mech squonker in various shades of purple.:cheers:
That sounds great!
Can one side be rounded off like a boxer sqounk and have the bottle in front? I'm not sure of this is possible or not. I am interested either way.
Thanks again, I really appreciate this!

Last edited:

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
@jcash74 OK just to make sure. You want the side that rests in your palm to be rounded. and the other side to be square with switch and squonk hole on that side? Or just the switch by itself and Squonk hole on the front. like I just made? Either way I can do it . Just FYI it will have to be about a quarter inch taller and a little bit thicker to accomplish it.

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
The curve on the backside with the bottle (where my fingers are) and the switch on the flat side (thumb) would be perfect.
I was guessing it would be a little bigger since it had the 20700 anyway. Try an make it as small as possible but I completely understand if it has to be taller or wider to accommodate what I'm looking for.

de559cd60447d357170689339ae4e8c3.jpg

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
@jcash74 Sorry but it can not work that way and still be a mech. The switch has to be closer to where the bottle and 510 are. Unless you are talking about a unregulated squonker with a mosfet and regular type of push switch? Because with the bottle on the opposite side from the switch the battery would be blocking any type of mechanical closure except top fire.

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
@jcash74 Sorry but it can not work that way and still be a mech. The switch has to be closer to where the bottle and 510 are. Unless you are talking about a unregulated squonker with a mosfet and regular type of push switch? Because with the bottle on the opposite side from the switch the battery would be blocking any type of mechanical closure except top fire.
I didn't even think of that. Are there any disadvantages to having a mosfet and regular push switch? I understand the mosfet provides safety and that would mean the switch is wired instead of a sold contact. I don't know how else to ask this, would it hit as hard as a regular mech?

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
In my opinion yes they can hit just as hard as a mech. Not sure how much you know about mosfets so here goes. The main job of the mosfet is to protect the switch from carrying the full load from the battery to the 510 . If the right type of mosfet is used and wired up properly. Think of it like a flood gate. when you push the switch it opens up the mosfet which allows the negative side of the battery to flow unhindered from battery to negative of 510. While the positive side of the battery is connected directly to the 510 positive. The way it accomplish that is by allowing only a small portion of the current to go thru the switch when pressed. This opens and closes the mosfet/floodgate.

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Sounds like it adds safety and will be the only way to have the bottle where I would like it. I'm guessing I also wouldn't have to clean the contacts as much then either.
I really hope I'm not being a major pain in the a$$ with all these questions.

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Not at all. I appreciate any and all questions. And yes that is one benefit not having to clean contacts constantly.

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Ok sounds like a plan man.
Can the shades of purple not have any or very little pink to them? I'm planning on this being my MN Vikings game squonk. Dark purple and lighter shades would be perfect. I'm planning on purchasing a ultem cap for my hadaly to cover the yellow.

TheKiddVapes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Hey 505, I've been reading and following your thread even before I considered a squonk. Your work is amazing and considered taking up squonking just to have one of your works of art. Well I have an reo squonker and just had a slabwood squonker with an O-Atty stolen from me. I'm so bummed I think one of your mods my cure some of my blues. My first question is do you use slabwood? I would like a mofset and the next question do you put a meter on them? Forgive me if my questions are dumb because I'm still new to this, right now I mainly use tanks. I look forward to hearing back from you and eventually telling everyone how great your mods are.

Mark

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Also Thank you @TheKiddVapes for your interest and questions. To answer your first question. I have not yet done any stabwood mods. So far the mods I have made are either natural wood with Wax/oil finish or Dyed Wood with either Lacquer, poly finishes. With or without stone inlay.
Yes I can make a unregulated with a mosfet to protect switch. or a mech without.
I can also make Regulated Think Hexohm V1 of V2
All can be squonkers or not.
As for the meter if you mean a Voltage display meter? Then yes I can add that.
With the unregulated or mech mods It will only display the Battery level.
With the Regulated ones it can be wired up to show either battery level or output voltage to atomizer which can be displayed when adjusting regulator output with Pot.. Or a switch can be added to allow you to see both.

TheKiddVapes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Also Thank you @TheKiddVapes for your interest and questions. To answer your first question. I have not yet done any stabwood mods. So far the mods I have made are either natural wood with Wax/oil finish or Dyed Wood with either Lacquer, poly finishes. With or without stone inlay.
Yes I can make a unregulated with a mosfet to protect switch. or a mech without.
I can also make Regulated Think Hexohm V1 of V2
All can be squonkers or not.
As for the meter if you mean a Voltage display meter? Then yes I can add that.
With the unregulated or mech mods It will only display the Battery level.
With the Regulated ones it can be wired up to show either battery level or output voltage to atomizer which can be displayed when adjusting regulator output with Pot.. Or a switch can be added to allow you to see both.

You know I was just thinking that I have a DNA 200 watt mod that the Lipo battery went out on, can you use this on a squonk mod? If so that elimates all other concerns we talked about but brings up my final question, what will that cost me?

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
@TheKiddVapes

As long as the board works. It would be just a matter of making a wood shell for it. Then wiring it up. If you want it converted to 18650's and in a squonk form. Then it is going to have to be dual 18650's and run at top wattage of 133.

What It is going to cost?

Here is a break down. Make wood shell and wire it up with parts from your mod. = $60.
Shipping of your mod to me =$7.
If nothing from your mod is reusable except for DNA 200 then it will add $10 max for all the other parts (switches, 510, etc.)
Once completed Then I ship it to you priority mail, and add paypal fees = $10

Best case is $70 shipped.
Worst case is $80 shipped if DNA200 board works (Will test on arrival).

If this is acceptable to you then please start a conversation. So that I can give you my address. Also tell me what your wood preferences are.

Thanks.

F0G M4CH1N3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ay sonar beautiful work man. is there a snowflakes chance in hell youd trade 6, 9 or 10 for a wismec predator? I'm dead broke but i could throw some random other goodies in the package too just let me know what you need.

Last edited:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Curious on the status of mine, Thanks Sonar:inlove:<3

VU Sponsors