Become a Patron!

Force muting!!!

Kman

Member For 1 Year
Hey guys, I have been mixing like crazy and some time I mute some ,and would absolutely be so appreciative if someone could tell me how to force mute ,say first question ,too much flavor??? Second to much sweetener or ethyl maltol, I have just been dumping a little to much juice out,yah I have some concentrate that could over power the whole bottle but really should I vape the much flavor in one bottle ,( I think I got vapors tongue doing that)so any help would be great!! Thanks!!

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey guys, I have been mixing like crazy and some time I mute some ,and would absolutely be so appreciative if someone could tell me how to force mute ,say first question ,too much flavor??? Second to much sweetener or ethyl maltol, I have just been dumping a little to much juice out,yah I have some concentrate that could over power the whole bottle but really should I vape the much flavor in one bottle ,( I think I got vapors doing that)so any help would be great!! Thanks!!
add vg

Kman

Member For 1 Year
Hey guys, I have been mixing like crazy and some time I mute some ,and would absolutely be so appreciative if someone could tell me how to force mute ,say first question ,too much flavor??? Second to much sweetener or ethyl maltol, I have just been dumping a little to much juice out,yah I have some concentrate that could over power the whole bottle but really should I vape the much flavor in one bottle ,( I think I got vapors doing that)so any help would be great!! Thanks!!
Error) I meant I think I got vapors tongue by putting strong concentrate in a muted bottle of juice, cause I never had it until I did that,

Kman

Member For 1 Year
Can you explain a little more so does that like bring the flavor back or make the juice neutral again kinda cool stuff but still not sure what these substances will do to the juice and then what do u do after that thanks a bunch!!

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Put the stuff in your mouth not your juice. Mouthwash not for vaping. Not trying to be a dick your question seemed like you were gonna put it in the juice

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mix up a blend of say spearmint or peppermint to vape on. You could take a good whiff of coffee grounds that will usually set your senses back to normal.

Like what @MrMeowgi stated, those ingredients mentioned are for their normal usage and not adding to the juice to vape. :)

Kman

Member For 1 Year
Mix up a blend of say spearmint or peppermint to vape on. You could take a good whiff of coffee grounds that will usually set your senses back to normal.

Like what @MrMeowgi stated, those ingredients mentioned are for their normal usage and not adding to the juice to vape. :)
Lol!!

Kman

Member For 1 Year
So all in all I was hoping to learn how to fix the juice that I mute instead of dumping it out ,I thought it was called force muting,I always shake and vape and am kinda new to creams and sweetners, and have been wasting stuff but learning less is better and add more if needed,but I have about 120mls I would like to fix just to kick its butt fo effin with me and going mute,and thanks for those tips on vapors tongue ,!!! I appreciate you experienced mixers spending time with newer mixers ,( I have been shake and vaping fruits for like 2 years just never branched out) peace out guys and lady's!!

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So all in all I was hoping to learn how to fix the juice that I mute instead of dumping it out ,I thought it was called force muting,I always shake and vape and am kinda new to creams and sweetners, and have been wasting stuff but learning less is better and add more if needed,but I have about 120mls I would like to fix just to kick its butt fo effin with me and going mute,and thanks for those tips on vapors tongue ,!!! I appreciate you experienced mixers spending time with newer mixers ,( I have been shake and vaping fruits for like 2 years just never branched out) peace out guys and lady's!!
Dude, try to not shake and vape where you can. Mix some stuff that you like to shake and vape, but let stuff age. Trust me. When I started mixing I wanted everything done NOWWW!!!!!!! It just doesn't work like that, especially working with creams. They need to develop. I make a coconut cream pie juice and I started vaping it like a couple days after mixing and it was pretty good. Then I made some other ones so I forgot about the coconut cream pie for like 2 weeks. Then I vaped it the other day and it was divine. Like unreal. My brother in law tried it and wanted to buy all of it I had left on the spot. Trust me, you might not be tasting anything not because your juice is muted, but because there really isn't anything to taste yet.

Kman

Member For 1 Year
Dude, try to not shake and vape where you can. Mix some stuff that you like to shake and vape, but let stuff age. Trust me. When I started mixing I wanted everything done NOWWW!!!!!!! It just doesn't work like that, especially working with creams. They need to develop. I make a coconut cream pie juice and I started vaping it like a couple days after mixing and it was pretty good. Then I made some other ones so I forgot about the coconut cream pie for like 2 weeks. Then I vaped it the other day and it was divine. Like unreal. My brother in law tried it and wanted to buy all of it I had left on the spot. Trust me, you might not be tasting anything not because your juice is muted, but because there really isn't anything to taste yet.
Right on!! I was making a simple strawberry vanilla bean ice cream and some how lost the strawberry flavor in it but after 16 day steep was just gunna do a 14 day but it was a really nice rich vanilla bean for a newbie to creams ,I am working on layering I havnt had the chance to study upnon it yet but yah I usually check the steep times for stuff ,except fruits,havnt steeped alot of stuff but I gotta few right now steepin!!!

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Right on!! I was making a simple strawberry vanilla bean ice cream and some how lost the strawberry flavor in it but after 16 day steep was just gunna do a 14 day but it was a really nice rich vanilla bean for a newbie to creams ,I am working on layering I havnt had the chance to study upnon it yet but yah I usually check the steep times for stuff ,except fruits,havnt steeped alot of stuff but I gotta few right now steepin!!!

You are still doing better than me, my juices are good right after mixing, but I still microwave-steep mine. I saw it on YouTube, and it does seem to work for me.

I, depending on the size of the bottle, nuke it in the microwave for a few seconds, (like 4 seconds for 30ml, and if you have 5 100ml bottles, you may steep/nuke it in the microwave for about 9 seconds, just so that it's warm.. then get it out and shake it really really well.

Then.. the next step is to put it in the freezer for about 3-4 minutes- if it is the 30ml bottle- if it is the 5 big bottles you may leave it in the freezer for 9-11 minutes, just until it's a little bit cool, and then get it out, & shake it a whole lot again.

Then repeat the microwave..shake.. freezer..shake.. steps again, and it normally Steeps my juices pretty well.

Most people will tell you not to use the microwave because if you get it too hot- (like over 160f), it can degrade the nicotine or flavor, but just my own personal experience, this works for me.

When I get a juice I usually need it right then, so steeping it for a couple of weeks in a closet is just something I don't have time for usually.

Kman

Member For 1 Year
Heck man I will give it a try I hate to wait too ,being patient is not one of my specialties,so unusually make 30 ml at a time about how many microwave shake and freezer shakes would you do befor you would try the vape out , I just made some stand alone cake batter because it's new to me and well its steeping ,I will you tube it ,I knownthrte will be haters but who wants to wait ,I can always add a little nic, it's worth it ,man I am excited to here this ,but tired to it's way late ,so I ain't messin with nothin,till I wake up today,lol

Kman

Member For 1 Year
Heck man I will give it a try I hate to wait too ,being patient is not one of my specialties,so unusually make 30 ml at a time about how many microwave shake and freezer shakes would you do befor you would try the vape out , I just made some stand alone cake batter because it's new to me and well its steeping ,I will you tube it ,I knownthrte will be haters but who wants to wait ,I can always add a little nic, it's worth it ,man I am excited to here this ,but tired to it's way late ,so I ain't messin with nothin,till I wake up today,lol
Sorry I mean heck man!

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I shake all bottles basically the same amount, you need to shake very vigorously for about a full minute in between the microwave and the freezer, and shake like that again after the freezer and then let it naturally come to room temperature before you vape it. It should not damage the nicotine unless it gets extremely hot, like 160 degrees Fahrenheit, and it will not get that hot if you try microwaving it (on high) for about 3-4 seconds for that quantity of 30 ml. It should just be warm. Then after about four or five minutes in the freezer -but not in the ice- it should be cool to the touch but not freezing cold.

I learned about microwave steeping on YouTube myself.. so you can probably look there.

Other people do something similar, by warming the mixture up by sitting the ejuice bottle inside of a bowl of hot water (this can mess up your label if it is paper, so if you do this- keep the water level below the label) for a few minutes, and then sitting it inside a bowl of ice water for a few minutes.. instead of the microwave and freezer, -but the end result is the same. The microwave and freezer is just faster.. so I prefer it.

The method for steeping using a bowl of warm water and cold water is also on YouTube.

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Hey guys, I have been mixing like crazy and some time I mute some ,and would absolutely be so appreciative if someone could tell me how to force mute ,say first question ,too much flavor??? Second to much sweetener or ethyl maltol, I have just been dumping a little to much juice out,yah I have some concentrate that could over power the whole bottle but really should I vape the much flavor in one bottle ,( I think I got vapors tongue doing that)so any help would be great!! Thanks!!
I have had vaper's tongue several times since I have been vaping.. for about five or six years, and it normally happens when I have been vaping a rather delicate flavor alone for a long time, (happened a lot while vaping Unicorn Milk during my 1st 2-3 years- and only oncertain since.. when I was vaping a strong flavor that I had been vaping daily as my ADV for a few years), and it can happen when you have been vaping any 1 flavor for a long time.

I have tried rinsing my mouth out with pickle juice, & mouthwash, and brushing my mouth and tongue extra times, and doing those things helped maybe only 10% of the problem.

What I had to do was give it time, usually a few days.. and vape different (& strong) flavors than what I am used to.

There is a strong flavor called "banana liqueur" (it was the only banana I've ever bought & loved) that did seem to help.

I found other flavors that reminded me of beach drinks, like pina colada, coconut, things like that.. that have a strong different taste.. and that I do not Vape often, helped me too.

What is odd is that I have almost singularly Vaped only 1 strong flavor for a few years now, which I really thought would give me vapers tongue, but I have never gotten it vaping only this strong flavor for so long -except for 1 short time.

I need to get some coffee beans -I don't drink it- so that I can see if smelling them will cure vapers tongue for the next time it happens.

I wonder if getting vapers tongue has to do with certain flavor concentrates??

Since I only got it the first 2-3 years of vaping, I wonder if it is something that you will stop getting later on.. and maybe that is the reason I have not had it in a few years- even though I have only Vaped one flavor, everyday, for a few years..??

Kman

Member For 1 Year
I shake all bottles basically the same amount, you need to shake very vigorously for about a full minute in between the microwave and the freezer, and shake like that again after the freezer and then let it naturally come to room temperature before you vape it. It should not damage the nicotine unless it gets extremely hot, like 160 degrees Fahrenheit, and it will not get that hot if you try microwaving it (on high) for about 3-4 seconds for that quantity of 30 ml. It should just be warm. Then after about four or five minutes in the freezer -but not in the ice- it should be cool to the touch but not freezing cold.

I learned about microwave steeping on YouTube myself.. so you can probably look there.

Other people do something similar, by warming the mixture up by sitting the ejuice bottle inside of a bowl of hot water (this can mess up your label if it is paper, so if you do this- keep the water level below the label) for a few minutes, and then sitting it inside a bowl of ice water for a few minutes.. instead of the microwave and freezer, -but the end result is the same. The microwave and freezer is just faster.. so I prefer it.

The method for steeping using a bowl of warm water and cold water is also on YouTube.
I am gunna try it with the cake batter I have ,not sure what to mix with it yet,

Kman

Member For 1 Year
I have had vaper's tongue several times since I have been vaping.. for about five or six years, and it normally happens when I have been vaping a rather delicate flavor alone for a long time, (happened a lot while vaping Unicorn Milk during my 1st 2-3 years- and only oncertain since.. when I was vaping a strong flavor that I had been vaping daily as my ADV for a few years), and it can happen when you have been vaping any 1 flavor for a long time.

I have tried rinsing my mouth out with pickle juice, & mouthwash, and brushing my mouth and tongue extra times, and doing those things helped maybe only 10% of the problem.

What I had to do was give it time, usually a few days.. and vape different (& strong) flavors than what I am used to.

There is a strong flavor called "banana liqueur" (it was the only banana I've ever bought & loved) that did seem to help.

I found other flavors that reminded me of beach drinks, like pina colada, coconut, things like that.. that have a strong different taste.. and that I do not Vape often, helped me too.

What is odd is that I have almost singularly Vaped only 1 strong flavor for a few years now, which I really thought would give me vapers tongue, but I have never gotten it vaping only this strong flavor for so long -except for 1 short time.

I need to get some coffee beans -I don't drink it- so that I can see if smelling them will cure vapers tongue for the next time it happens.

I wonder if getting vapers tongue has to do with certain flavor concentrates??

Since I only got it the first 2-3 years of vaping, I wonder if it is something that you will stop getting later on.. and maybe that is the reason I have not had it in a few years- even though I have only Vaped one flavor, everyday, for a few years..??
I find that I am tasting creams but I am using some of the end of my fruits and I have vaped a ton of fruits ,and I am just having a problem tasting them,I have fresh fruits coming tomorrow,so I will be hoping it was just because ,it was the last of the concentrate in my bottles!!!@!

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I find that I am tasting creams but I am using some of the end of my fruits and I have vaped a ton of fruits ,and I am just having a problem tasting them,I have fresh fruits coming tomorrow,so I will be hoping it was just because ,it was the last of the concentrate in my bottles!!!@!

Let us know if that is the problem. I always make sure to shake up my bottles before I refill my tank with e-juice and I will make sure I shake up my concentrate each time before I use it as well. Maybe you should too..?

Kman

Member For 1 Year
Yah I shake and shake and shake lol but hey Jen when you are microwaving 30 ML for 3to 4 seconds and shaking for 1 minute and putting in freezer for like 2 minutes then shaking for minute then repeat, but how many times do you do this??? For like a 14 day steep and a 7 day steep?? Thanks a bunch,,,

Kman

Member For 1 Year
Yah I shake and shake and shake lol but hey Jen when you are microwaving 30 ML for 3to 4 seconds and shaking for 1 minute and putting in freezer for like 2 minutes then shaking for minute then repeat, but how many times do you do this??? For like a 14 day steep and a 7 day steep?? Thanks a bunch,,,
I mean It recommends a 14 day steep how many times would you nuke, and I'd it was a recommended 7 day steep how many times would you nuke ,a ball park figure would be cool I dont really have a clue!!:)

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I have never done a regular steep, so I don't know what would be equivalent to 7 days or to 14 days, but the YouTube video I saw recommended doing each full steep twice- so it goes in the microwave twice and in the freezer twice with a bunch of shaking before, after, and in between.

-So Shake very vigorously for a full minute,
-microwave 3-4 seconds,
-Shake Very vigorously for a full minute again,
-freezer 4 minutes,
-Shake very vigorously one more minute.
-Then let it warm on its own, to room temperature.
(That is one full steep.)

-so.. repeat that steeping process again.. (bc you always do the process twice),
and then..
-let it warm up to room temperature, after the shake after the freezer.. and you are done.

Kman

Member For 1 Year
Thank you so much, I really needed that info!!! I am wanting to make something with capellas vanilla bean icecream, and really dont wanna wait 14 days,thanks again !!!

Reactions: dez

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Thank you so much, I really needed that info!!! I am wanting to make something with capellas vanilla bean icecream, and really dont wanna wait 14 days,thanks again !!!

No problem! You can do one cycle of the steep and taste it and then decide if you want to do that 2nd cycle through the microwave and freezer again. I have found that I always need to do it twice except for the juice that I have been vaping for quite a while now, but it is a 50-50 mix so I am thinking that maybe the flavor comes out so much in it already because of the 50% PG, plus the flavoring is PG. Good luck!

Kman

Member For 1 Year
Yah acually gunna try monster energery and will steep it once first,I havnt made this yet ,and twice if needed again thanks for the short cut,its been working with some of the simple mixes I have been doing!! Like just 1 steep for a mixed fruit i mixed up and i made a fruity, juicy fruit gum, the steep 2 times helped it so much,I will get to the creams shortly!

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yah acually gunna try monster energery and will steep it once first,I havnt made this yet ,and twice if needed again thanks for the short cut,its been working with some of the simple mixes I have been doing!! Like just 1 steep for a mixed fruit i mixed up and i made a fruity, juicy fruit gum, the steep 2 times helped it so much,I will get to the creams shortly!
If you find that at the end of your concentrates you aren't tasting anything, you might not be shaking your concentrates before using them. You should shake up each individual concentrate before you mix them. They can settle even when it doesn't look like they have. Honestly I shake everything now. Especially nicotine, but concentrates too.

Also, There is something about putting my juice in the microwave that skeeves me out a little bit. I try to avoid putting my food in the microwave when I can. For example, drink a cup of coffee, it taste great, but you let it go cold from drinking it too slow, so you put it in the microwave for a few, go to drink it, and it tastes off, like there has been some moisture taken out of it. I do steep in hot water overnight inside of a thermos. Then shake. Some stuff still NEEDS to be steeped even after that. Especially complex stuff.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just made a juice with vanilla bean ice cream. It was good after 3 days. Most times it's just a recommendation. All up to your taste buds

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just made a juice with vanilla bean ice cream. It was good after 3 days. Most times it's just a recommendation. All up to your taste buds
Agreed, but there is some stuff that you just don't get the full effect without giving it the right amount of time. It might taste good, but not like it is supposed to taste. For example my vanilla cake recipe, I love it, and I have trouble not vaping it right away, but I just got down to the end of the bottle and it's been aging for about a week now and it tastes so much better today than it did even 2 or 3 days ago.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Agreed, but there is some stuff that you just don't get the full effect without giving it the right amount of time. It might taste good, but not like it is supposed to taste. For example my vanilla cake recipe, I love it, and I have trouble not vaping it right away, but I just got down to the end of the bottle and it's been aging for about a week now and it tastes so much better today than it did even 2 or 3 days ago.
Oh yea I completely agree with you

Kman

Member For 1 Year
If you find that at the end of your concentrates you aren't tasting anything, you might not be shaking your concentrates before using them. You should shake up each individual concentrate before you mix them. They can settle even when it doesn't look like they have. Honestly I shake everything now. Especially nicotine, but concentrates too.

Also, There is something about putting my juice in the microwave that skeeves me out a little bit. I try to avoid putting my food in the microwave when I can. For example, drink a cup of coffee, it taste great, but you let it go cold from drinking it too slow, so you put it in the microwave for a few, go to drink it, and it tastes off, like there has been some moisture taken out of it. I do steep in hot water overnight inside of a thermos. Then shake. Some stuff still NEEDS to be steeped even after that. Especially complex stuff.

Kman

Member For 1 Year
Neat trick never thought of something like that,,, what type jiuce would you put in a thermos over night?? Like a delicate flavor or something?? Or a hard one to steep??I really appreciate all these tricks,and I have been shaking so much because I make 30 ml at a time usually a couple , and hurt my shoulder (I use to be tough) so I hooked up a hose clamp to my saw zaw blade and give it a quick shake, much better ,its on YouTube, I have been trying so many mixes but I will start making 60 ml when I get them just the way I want them. I really want to try the thermos steep just dont knownwhat to steep in a thermos.actually been working on coils and RDA's latley,peace!! Thanks!!!

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Neat trick never thought of something like that,,, what type jiuce would you put in a thermos over night?? Like a delicate flavor or something?? Or a hard one to steep??I really appreciate all these tricks,and I have been shaking so much because I make 30 ml at a time usually a couple , and hurt my shoulder (I use to be tough) so I hooked up a hose clamp to my saw zaw blade and give it a quick shake, much better ,its on YouTube, I have been trying so many mixes but I will start making 60 ml when I get them just the way I want them. I really want to try the thermos steep just dont knownwhat to steep in a thermos.actually been working on coils and RDA's latley,peace!! Thanks!!!
I do all of them. Doesn't matter what kind. I don't shake and vape anything because I don't like the way it tastes. Even if a recipe says shake and vape certified or whatever, I just don't do it anymore.

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years

I think he is saying that it is just another way to steep a flavor.
Like my way is the microwave and freezer, and the traditional way is to let it breathe in a dark closet for a while, and his shortcut is instead of the microwave- to put it in warm water overnight ..

Kman

Member For 1 Year
I do all of them. Doesn't matter what kind. I don't shake and vape anything because I don't like the way it tastes. Even if a recipe says shake and vape certified or whatever, I just don't do it anymore.
I will start trying that with my shake and vapes !!

Kman

Member For 1 Year
Yah I tried vanilla bean icecream after a week once and its was blended well with all flavors ,and after 2 weeks it was more like vanilla bean without the icecream but still good.

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Yah I tried vanilla bean icecream after a week once and its was blended well with all flavors ,and after 2 weeks it was more like vanilla bean without the icecream but still good.

In my experience, over-steeping ejuice can damage the flavor. This is only my opinion, but I have found that when I do my microwave / freezer steeping one round, it is not enough, but twice is perfect.

If I do it a third round- it can sometimes seem to take away a little bit of the flavor.. or at least I have never gotten any BETTER flavor from doing it three times. . instead of two.

Kman

Member For 1 Year
Yeah I have thought about that like I have made this green goblin and did one steep and I think I will just let it set,its a wierd flavor,but with my vanilla bean icecream I did 1 steep and am getting ready to taste and probably do another steep but like you said i dont wanna mute the flavor so prolly wont be doing any third steps good idea!!

Kman

Member For 1 Year
I will ad feiuta to the icecream when I find a g
Yeah I have thought about that like I have made this green goblin and did one steep and I think I will just let it set,its a wierd flavor,but with my vanilla bean icecream I did 1 steep and am getting ready to taste and probably do another steep but like you said i dont wanna mute the flavor so prolly wont be doing any third steps good idea!![/QUOTe i will add fruits to the ice cream when i find a good mix of apples or strawberries, but dont know any yet,

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years

I don't drink coffee- but I know what you mean about microwaving it..and it probably does evaporate some of the water..but the plastic ejuice bottles are closed, so you don't lose anything.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
i find this works well for me. invert the bottle often = mix, shake, let it sit. after 15 mins turn it upside down (of course in some kind of holder) and let it sit 15 mins. then just keep doing this as much as you can. this is for full or mostly full bottles.

VU Sponsors