Become a Patron!

Freemax Fireluke 2 Sub Tank Review

Bl4ckKat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Fireluke 2 from Freemax is the follow up to the original mesh tank, the Fireluke. The Fireluke 2 is available in a range of colours and designs that match the Twister mod. A new range of mesh coils are available, that are also compatible with the original Fireluke.

Find out more here https://www.freemaxvape.com/product/freemax-fireluke-2/

IMG_0009.png

Specs and Features

• 24mm diameter (28mm with 5ml bubble glass)
  • 2ml TPD edition available
  • Sliding top fill design
  • Dual adjustable bottom airflow
  • Generous 5ml capacity and included spare glass
  • Made from Stainless Steel and Pyrex glass
  • 810 Resin drip tip
  • New Mesh coils TX1/TX2/TNX2/TX3/TX4

While the Fireluke 2 has some additional features, such as the sliding top fill and larger capacity, there real difference is the new mesh coils. The coils for the Fireluke 2 are also backwards compatible with the Fireluke, The new coils use a blend of 90% tea cotton fiber and 10% organic cotton.The 360° leading design provides larger holes to aid in rapid juice absorption. The major improvement in the coils is the new type of mesh that has a much larger surface area.

The new coils from Freemax use a laser cut kanthal plate. The honeycomb design heats evenly and produces more vapour than the previous Fireluke coils. Freemax have a large range of coils now available. The TX series coils use the new mesh and tea fire cotton, and are available in a range of wattage's and resistances, from single mesh to quad core mesh. There is even a SS316 mesh coils specifically for temperature control vaping.

IMG_0012.png

A large range of coils

In the box you get twc coils the preinstalled TX2 dual mesh coil 0.2ohms best vaped at 40-80W, and the TX1 single mesh coil 0.15ohm best vaped at 40-90W. Although the coils for the Fireluke two are wider, at the base they are the same size. Using the new coils in the original Fireluke will reduce the capacity somewhat unless you are using the larger bubble glass. The new coils have the same great flavour and produce some really big clouds.

The TX1 single mesh coil produces some amazing clouds, even more than the original X1 mesh coil. The new range of coils has a slight edge in terms of flavour, although I wasn’t sure what to make of the new cotton blend. Tea cotton fibre is becoming a popular option for coil manufacturers, although I don’t believe it has any benefits to overall flavour. I honestly don’t notice much of a difference between all cotton and the new fibre blends.

IMG_0011.png

Improved design

The Fireluke 2 offers a sliding top fill design, which was something that I wished was a feature of the original Fireluke. The top cap seems to be stiff enough that accidents shouldn’t occur, although I don’t tend to carry my tanks around in my pocket or bag. There isn’t a catch to seal the top securely, but you do need to apply a fair amount of force to open the Fireluke 2.

The dual bottom adjustable airflow of the Fireluke 2 moves fluidly with no resistance. It’s the smoothest airflow control I’ve seen. The Fireluke 2 has a much smoother airflow that is less turbulent. Vaping the Fireluke and original mesh coils at the same wattage as the Fireluke 2 with the TX1 coils, the Fireluke 2 has a slightly less restrictive airflow and a much smoother draw. The vapour from the Fireluke 2 is a little cooler, but much denser and still just as flavourful.

IMG_0139.png

The Firelluke 2 is available in a Graffiti edition or a Metal, there are several colour combinations to choose from. I quite like the black and white graffiti edition, although the Metal version will pair better with most mods. The resin drip tips are quite nice, although they don’t realy match very well with the graffiti design, I would have preferred an all white or all black drip tip. With a standard 810 connection you can always use a different drip tip.

Pros

• The new TX range of mesh coils is also compatible with the original Fireluke. This is a huge pro having such a large choice of coils.
  • Incredible flavour, flavour is just as good, if not better than the Firluke.
  • High quality construction, the adjustable airflow control ring is really easy to turn.
  • Available in a range of design to match with the Twister mod.
  • Larger 5ml capacity with a spare 5ml glass included in the package.
  • Smoother airflow and huge vapour production.
  • Easy slide top filling

IMG_0137.png

Cons

• Some vapers may not like the slide top fill system, there isn’t a locking mechanism to hold it in place. Although I will say, I’ve dropped my mod with the Fireluke 2 on top several times, it has not opened by accident and the glass has not broken.
  • The tea fibre and cotton blend coils may not be for everyone. I don’t notice a huge difference but I think flavour initially it a little better with just regular cotton wicking.
  • When I initially filled the tank I did get some leaking through the bottom airflow. This was due to overfilling. Make sure to leave a little air in there or you could experience the same. Once I blew into the tank and soaked up that excess juice I haven’t had any more problems.
  • The graffiti designs while unique aren’t for everyone, but it’s great that Freemax have since released metal version of the Fireluke 2.

IMG_0148.png

Bottom LIne

I have not been disappointed with the Fireluke 2 since resolving a minor leaking issue. I find the airflow to be much smoother and less turbulent than its predecessor. If I was a vaper who exclusively vapes sub ohm tanks, I would be more than happy with the Fireluke 2 as my main day to day tank. The clouds and flavour are right up there with some of my favourite RDA’s. With the flexibility to use a variety of coils, and a stainless steel coil specifically for temperature control vaping, you hardly need another tank.

The 5ml capacity is generous, and you even get a spare glass in the box. I can’t fault the quality of construction of the Fireluke 2, if you loved the Fireluke then you’re sure to love this one too.

For flavour and clouds I would rate the Fireluke 2 a 9/10. The new TX coils take sub ohm vaping to the next level, and it’s really great to see that there is a temperature control option in the TX1 SS316L coil. Visually I quite like the black and white graffiti design, but if you like to match your tank to your mod the metal version offers more options. All up, it’s a great sub ohm tank that delivers on clouds and flavour.

lak611

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the review. I'm interested in getting this tank and the TX1 SS316L coils, since I like TC.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Bl4ckKat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't tried the TX1 coils yet, but I think I'll grab some because I've never used temp control on a sub ohm tank. I also prefer SS for flavour too.

lak611

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't tried the TX1 coils yet, but I think I'll grab some because I've never used temp control on a sub ohm tank. I also prefer SS for flavour too.
Have you tried those coils? I have, and they produce excellent flavour at 50W, 500°F. I know I could use wattage mode, but the flavour is great, the coils last about 2 weeks, and I never get burnt inhale with TC.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

dr_hammer

Member For 4 Years
how long do these coils last? UPDATE- FOR ANYONE WONDER THEY TYPICLY LAST 5-7DAYS

most the time i get 7days on them though with sweat juice

Last edited:

VU Sponsors