Become a Patron!

FS: Hana Modz DNA 30 Clones

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Yes and no. Heating a cold joint won't necessarily fix it...solder could just run out.
And, with the space constraint in there, pretty hard not to heat things I'd not want too.

See:

P1020873.JPG

Almost easier to just gut the fucker if you actually wanted to 'fix' it. ;)

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't there a method to remove solder efficiently?

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Solder wick, or a solder sucker work .

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got 1 of the first Cloupor Clones from production, v1, fat pin and all. Still functions like day one. Has few quirks (like that in v1s) but still going strong.
I really want the cloupor 26650 T6 from fasttech. It's really cheap but I don't trust the chip. Ppl are sending them back

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes and no. Heating a cold joint won't necessarily fix it...solder could just run out.
And, with the space constraint in there, pretty hard not to heat things I'd not want too.

See:

View attachment 9094

Almost easier to just gut the fucker if you actually wanted to 'fix' it. ;)

Holy mother of God , i want no part of that lol.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really want the cloupor 26650 T6 from fasttech. It's really cheap but I don't trust the chip. Ppl are sending them back

Yeah , Cloupors are getting really mixed reviews , some swear that the 150 watter only reaches 58 watts max .

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah , Cloupors are getting really mixed reviews , some swear that the 150 watter only reaches 58 watts max .

Wish i could get one of their enclosures and throw in a YiHi chip.

Oops i screwed up and quoted myself, oh well .

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Holy mother of God , i want no part of that lol.

Agreed. With the exception of the 510 and batt sled, seems like decent joints really. But, THE GLUE...that is After I cleaned up all the 'spiderwebs'.

I already have plans to get a new 510 from Varitube, and the batt sled..not sure what to think about it just yet..lol..

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't there a method to remove solder efficiently?
The 1st thing you need is a good iron, one that is adjustable . then some good solder and flux . Then you get some solder wick and a solder sucker . I would guess that would cost about 80-100$ .

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. They are mixed. So I'm still considering getting one. I'll only vape at a low wattage. I want it bc I wanna 26650 batt box

Yeah , i vape lower than most myself , hey, if you don't care for it after awhile at least you have the option to return after using it .

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 1st thing you need is a good iron, one that is adjustable . then some good solder and flux . Then you get some solder wick and a solder sucker . I would guess that would cost about 80-100$ .

Yeah i have heard some say that , i really would like to avoid spending more $$$ though since i have a good iron (well what i think is good at least) because i don't plan on doing it regularly where the investment would be worth it.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I can say, despite my bitching about it, this particular mod has been good. No issues thus far.

I am using a 510 adapter on it though...from the start. Fugly be damned.
The first time I went to put the Orchid v4 on it, I knew it'd strip it in short order otherwise.

Considering what a "DNA30" board and Hammond box costs alone..I think $45 was worth it. I waited months for the price point to be right, too....;)

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there CaFF. How you doing? Ft are selling the chana dna50.

What wattage dyu usually vape at?

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Hi there CaFF. How you doing? Ft are selling the chana dna50.

What wattage dyu usually vape at?

Heya m8....miss ya boyo!

Yeah I saw that..lol..drat. I got mine shipped inna week ordered on a Sat. from USA Focal.

I'm not worrie though, I'm vaping a 1.1 Ω DC on the Orchid v4 at around 15W wit sammy 25R jus fine....

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heya m8....miss ya boyo!

Yeah I saw that..lol..drat. I got mine shipped inna week ordered on a Sat. from USA Focal.

I'm not worrie though, I'm vaping a 1.1 Ω DC on the Orchid v4 at around 15W wit sammy 25R jus fine....
Ah ok. I though you vape gennies and at a higher wattage. Missed all you guys too. I've been quite busy the last couple of months. I did say I would be. Anyway, I don't care that the T6 is 100watts (apparently), I'm not really using drippers much these days. Even a decent russian 91% only needs maybe 15w tops. Would be a wast of money buying an evolve board. Idk what they sell for in the USA

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Ah ok. I though you vape gennies and at a higher wattage. Missed all you guys too. I've been quite busy the last couple of months. I did say I would be. Anyway, I don't care that the T6 is 100watts (apparently), I'm not really using drippers much these days. Even a decent russian 91% only needs maybe 15w tops. Would be a wast of money buying an evolve board. Idk what they sell for in the USA

I do indeed vape gennies, but at more 2013 levels... ;)

Vaping my olde Phoenix/MiniDID gennie now actually, with the drilled out airhole..on a MVPv2 at 9W...lol

I think, the highest wattage I ever vaped was a tester RDA build that was 0.3 on a mech....fuck that.

I do, however, enjoy the latitude and tech advances this mod gives me over stuff like my SVD and Buzz Pro.
It filled a niche..that's why I got it. :)

But, it does not 'vape better'. It's just an instrument to be played...with.

Wrigleyvillain

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has evolved into an interesting and informative thread; should be moved now?

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can say, despite my bitching about it, this particular mod has been good. No issues thus far.

I am using a 510 adapter on it though...from the start. Fugly be damned.
The first time I went to put the Orchid v4 on it, I knew it'd strip it in short order otherwise.

Considering what a "DNA30" board and Hammond box costs alone..I think $45 was worth it. I waited months for the price point to be right, too....;)

I think buying the mod fully functional is the way to go unless you already have a better chip waiting. Use it until it die's and replace with a better chip , seems the price difference between a DIY kit (with the same chip) and a fully functional mod is just too close.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heya m8....miss ya boyo!

Yeah , HK was one of my favorites to correspond with on these forums , still is but he's disappeared since becoming a mod , i'm convinced becoming a mod is like signing a death warrant .

He's probably locked down somewhere and being thrown food scraps every once in awhile , HANG IN THERE HK, YOU WILL BE FREED SOON , just got to come up with a plan to avoid being killed or thrown in the clink along with HK first, thats the hard part.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah , HK was one of my favorites to correspond with on these forums , still is but he's disappeared since becoming a mod , i'm convinced becoming a mod is like signing a death warrant .

He's probably locked down somewhere and being thrown food scraps every once in awhile , HANG IN THERE HK, YOU WILL BE FREED SOON , just got to come up with a plan to avoid being killed or thrown in the clink along with HK first, thats the hard part.
Haha! too funny lol
It's because I found out we don't get paid

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone want me to move this thread btw? I think it's pretty good where it is but wtr

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
It needs to stay unfortunately, it started as a classy thread and OP has to request a close or move. Sorry

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Wrigley, If you want, start a thread about this and I can move posts over to it , just a thought:)

VU Sponsors