Become a Patron!

Fuchai 213 Squonk making a weird noise when fired

Hello,

I bought a Fuchai 213 Squonk box about 2 weeks ago. I am using a 21700 battery in it and a mesh pro atty. I just started noticing a weird noise when I fire it that sounds like a mosquito buzzing my ear occasionally when I hit the fire button and it has me a little spooked. The mod hasn't been dropped and I have 2 brand new batteries. I have read some people saying that the screen makes an electrical noise when illuminated but this is not the case. The noise only happens when I press the fire button. Now although this is a regulated mod I have put it down in the name of safety. Am I being overly precautions or is there something going on internally that I would make me want to send this mod back?

PS I typically don't run it any higher than 80 Watts but mostly at 75 or below.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought about getting that, and went Gbox 200 instead.

I'd seriously - I-ain't-joking - start shopping an alternative.. Slowboat time may well work perfectly well here.

If I hear a high-pitch whine, I think of flyback-transformers and charging-circuits. You might get lucky and get other Fuchai owners to reply that all is well, but to me - I'd think "fail imminent".

Hey Vic thanks for your input, I was thinking the same thing. I guess that I was just hoping that like you said another "Fuchai owner would reply that all is well."

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Vic thanks for your input, I was thinking the same thing. I guess that I was just hoping that like you said another "Fuchai owner would reply that all is well."
I still hope they do, but I am a trifle paranoid and hear that weird shit.. if it's weird, I worry. Start yer Plan B now ;-)

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I had a crap ohm meter for a while that would fire coils as well. If it had a super low build on it sometimes it would make a sound kind of like what you are describing when firing the coil. It would also sound sometimes like a slowly deflating balloon. It was just crappy electronics in my case. Im not familiar with that mod but it could be crap electronics groaning at the power passing through it.

I am using one of those new mesh atty's that has a really low build on it and have been having a difficult time building at a higher resistance. I have used it with other mods without hearing that noise but that could also be a possibility.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I think I'd try using another attie on it and see what happens - even if it isn't an RSA

I have been using a Fuchai quite a bit the past month or so without issue - but I build somewhat high (always above .5) and have never tried any kind of mesh attie with it

I have been trying another atty on it and haven't reproduced the sound but it isn't a noise that happens every time so I'm not convinced. With that being said the RSA I have is built low at .14 which is above the Fuchai minimum and the other that I have been using as a test is built at .27. So there is quite a bit of wiggle room in between them.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree with JL: I'd build higher.. It sounds like the electronics are struggling to play well with you.

How much do you want to stress-test chinee claims?

I have 2 213,s and use 20700 batteries. No noises. The don't last long. Got a Gbox and it's a great device. @ batteries is much better.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I have 2 213,s and use 20700 batteries. No noises. The don't last long. Got a Gbox and it's a great device. @ batteries is much better.

Eh, you resurrected a two-year old post, lol

But, Gbox is a better device than the Fuchai thing

VU Sponsors