Become a Patron!

Gear best wait times???

Ramsay Bolton

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sent them a strongly worded email explaining how I'm done dealing with their "customer support system" and that if they can't contact me at my personal email address, that I demand a full refund and that I'll be spreading the word about how they're out to take money from their customers.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Go up the page and have a look at Post #36 by rolltidevaper

File a Paypal dispute and save yourself some stress. I'll be doing the same
if my packages don't show up in the very near future.

Last edited:

mikemarkley89

Member For 4 Years
I submitted a dispute through PayPal. Gear best sent a response I've already received about a month ago. Not gonna go through all the hoops with them

Ramsay Bolton

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I submitted a dispute through PayPal. Gear best sent a response I've already received about a month ago. Not gonna go through all the hoops with them

Keep us updated.

I'm out of wire, so I ordered some Youde spools from Health Cabin late last week
and Heaven Gifts early this week as they had sales going on. They ship out of China and
by the looks of the tracking info should arrive by the end of next week.

-

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I ordered from them before I read this thread.....still not against them yet. Placed my order on 10-12. Just received notice that it shipped. 4 days, not bad, I've had worse from Fasttech most times. Now it's waiting to see how the postal folks react to the funny lookin' package.

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Checking my tracking number (which I did not pay extra for so it may not do much) it shows acceptance in China. At least it's in the shipping system now and Gearbest has done their job so far. Let's see how the free shipping option plays out.

I've placed a couple dozen orders from China in my vaping journey. Fasttech is the slowest usually, 3fvape has always done well, Vaporbreak, etc. Of all of them, the only one I ever had trouble with is Focalecig. That's one company I wrote off and I won't even visit their website

It's may be a long wait...........Evic VTC and Tilemahos.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Placed an order through gearbest about a month and a half ago and there's no update when i track the order and I also haven't received any updates when I submit a ticket. Anyone have an idea on how much longer I have to wait??

I wait about 3-4 weeks

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

pete67

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
How do you track your order from them. The tracking number is a screwed up number. I ordered 9/21 and still don't have my order.

pete67

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I do have a pleasant update on my GearBest order. I ordered batteries from them on September 18 and was already freaking out after reading this thread. But I was thrilled to get them out of my mailbox yesterday, a mere 19 days after they were shipped. I thought I was looking at a time frame of 3 months-never.....

I ordered batteries Sept 21 and still haven't received them yet.

mikemarkley89

Member For 4 Years
I've submitted a claim with PayPal and they're (gearbest) not even responding to any messages. Highly suggest no one uses that vape site. They did finally open a warehouse in the US so hopefully they're more cooperative. Maybe the scammed everyone so they could save up money for the US location...

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered batteries Sept 21 and still haven't received them yet.
:eek:
I imagine I was just lucky then, really hate to hear that. I won't be ordering from them again, too many horror stories.

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Whenever you order from overseas, it's best NOT to order batteries or any device with batteries in them. Lithium batteries are guarantees for delays due to the shipping restrictions in place. Include in that ordering ban anything that may contain a flammable liquid or any potentially dangerous or scrutinized material.

I really couldn't complain about my last order to Gearbest. They shipped in about 4 working days. Once in transit, that tracking number became useless until the item appeared in US customs (Chicago). After that USPS provided me text info about delivery. Shipping took the longest time in the overall scheme, and this part of the process is completely out of their hands.

As for my order, it arrived complete, in good condition, and everything was and worked as advertised.

This post is not to say problems do not occur, this is only my experience.

mikemarkley89

Member For 4 Years
I was gonna say, batteries are more difficult and will take longer. My order was just some Clapton wire that was a special promo price because it was their first time offering it, but from what I heard, several people that ordered it didn't get their order

Ramsay Bolton

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Whenever you order from overseas, it's best NOT to order batteries or any device with batteries in them. Lithium batteries are guarantees for delays due to the shipping restrictions in place. Include in that ordering ban anything that may contain a flammable liquid or any potentially dangerous or scrutinized material.

Devices with batteries are no problem if the proper shipping method is chosen.
I've received mods w/batteries from China/Hong Kong in 2-3wks and 4wks at
most during peak season. In addition, I've received loose batteries from FT in 3wks.

The problem is when an unscrupulous vendor doesn't clearly indicate that your
order will be shipped on some rusty boat or on the back of a sea turtle instead
of by airmail.

-

Layla_chi

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ugh I wish I would have seen this before I ordered!!! I placed an order on 11/17 and it's still sitting in processing. I've messaged and they keep saying it's out of stock and to wait another 7-15 business days. I'm pissed because I pre-ordered it before they got it in stock. They obviously knew how many they were getting in their shipment, how about don't sell more than you know you're getting in without noting it's out of stock after the initial stock was all bought? Should I just dispute PayPal now?

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They will never see another dime from my wallet. Ordered a mod stand in September & it's still not here yet. First order was great. They said I might have it by Xmas. :mad:

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It amazes me that people contemplate delivery of an item from China that is always between 2-5 weeks .. this question has been one of the most overly asked questions... Its humour is gone its simple you are ordering a product that is far the fuck away you will wait.. dear god

Layla_chi

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It amazes me that people contemplate delivery of an item from China that is always between 2-5 weeks .. this question has been one of the most overly asked questions... Its humour is gone its simple you are ordering a product that is far the fuck away you will wait.. dear god

I'm a newbie vaper and I didn't see anything on their site about them being in China. I saw "ships in 3 days" on the product page so I was under the assumption they were US based :/

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm a newbie vaper and I didn't see anything on their site about them being in China. I saw "ships in 3 days" on the product page so I was under the assumption they were US based :/
not directed toward any one person just a rant..
Gearbest does have a US warehouse but they have limited items on it.. the only way to tell is when you order you will see a small flag if you see this you can select to have it shipped locally..

Layla_chi

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
not directed toward any one person just a rant..
Gearbest does have a US warehouse but they have limited items on it.. the only way to tell is when you order you will see a small flag if you see this you can select to have it shipped locally..
Thanks I didn't know that! Lesson learned about ordering things online

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks I didn't know that! Lesson learned about ordering things online

Just chiming in. Hi, all!

I ordered a single item from Greabest as a test. It took 60 days to arrive. Test failed.

I've ordered from FastTech many times. Over the past 18 months or so (since they've stepped up their game), ordered arrive in eight to 10 days. That's real days, not business days, Plus the customer service is actually decent.

Disclaimer: I don't care where anyone buys their stuff. :)

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just chiming in. Hi, all!

I ordered a single item from Greabest as a test. It took 60 days to arrive. Test failed.

I've ordered from FastTech many times. Over the past 18 months or so (since they've stepped up their game), ordered arrive in eight to 10 days. That's real days, not business days, Plus the customer service is actually decent.

Disclaimer: I don't care where anyone buys their stuff. :)

I've ordered from both places many times and I completely agree. Sometimes GearBest delivers just as quickly as FastTech, but sometimes the shipping speed is horrible. After more than 10 orders from both places, I can say that FastTech has delivered my orders far quicker than GearBest.
GearBest also did not ship me one of the items I had on an order, and they didn't refund the charge until I contacted them about it a few times. They said it was out of stock but it still showed up as in stock on their site. Another order never showed up and I had to wait 90 days from their shipping date (which was 20 days after I placed the order) before I got a refund. I never had any of these issues with FastTech, even though I've made more orders with FT.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Luckily, I have only ordered once from GB a couple months ago during a 50% off sale for a Cloupor GT, and It came in two weeks. They do have a huge inventory and good prices, too bad this publicity about shipping times may hurt sales. Word of mouth is a powerful thing...

drugarth

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
mhh I just ordered some stuff from Gearbest during their holiday sales.....all have been shipped within days, except one item.
It suddenly showed "out of stock", so I opened a ticket and got a quick reply (within a day) stating is wasn't available anymore, they nicely offered to replace it with a slightly better device and that got shipped the next day.
So no complaints here....at least not yet...have to see what the transit time is :)

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They do have a huge inventory and good prices, too bad this publicity about shipping times may hurt sales. Word of mouth is a powerful thing...

Particularly when it's true.

http://gearbest.pissedconsumer.com/
GEARBEST has bombarded many of the consumer review sites with phony five star reviews. This disclaimer is now on trustpilot's site. As you can see GEARBEST has lots of 5 star reviews just in the last few weeks.
https://www.trustpilot.com/review/gearbest.com
Dear Trustpilot users,
This is a notification to inform you that our proprietary software has discovered a large number of fake reviews on this domain. Consequently, we have investigated all reviews connected to this domain and have removed several hundreds of reviews from the domain. Manipulation of reviews is a great threat to both consumers and businesses. We will continue to fight attempts to manipulate reviews to safeguard the integrity of Trustpilot, and we will share information about such severe and coordinated attempts with our users. Please refer to our blog post to read more about our latest initiatives to combat fake reviews.
<Shamelessly stolen from woot.com where this warning has been posted dozens of times>

See if you can spot the fake reviews: http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.gearbest.com

Then consider why it's necessary for GB to repeatedly resort to this practice.

ETA: Disclaimer - I still don't care where anybody chooses to buy their stuff.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ordered Nov 11th, arriving today, it included 4 batteries (and a handful of other things). I was a bit worried reading this thread, but worth posting to say it's not always that bad. Will I order from them again, ehh maybe, in general I hate ordering from China anyways. I did get the one US warehouse thing they had within a week, which was nice (ceramic tweezers, got tired of burning my fingertips).

Just ordered from Gearbest on Dec. 15th and started to worry. Found this thread. Wondering what the status is of everyone that has posted so far but at the time of your post had not received the product. Any updates? I did not choose tracking and ordered a box mod by itself, no atomizer or batteries. The last info I have is:
2015-12-18 15:00:00 Item pre-advice received
2015-12-19 10:53:00 Item received for processing
via Sweden Post Registered.

Being that it is the 29th I grew concerned that I had not seen it yet. Apparently it is the norm!

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to view, lusidtruism and good luck with GB.

If the complaints to the BBB ad phoney reviews didn't deter you from ordering, I wouldn't worry about it now. Most people get their stuff eventually and I guess that's good enough.

Yeah, I will admit that I was just looking for best price. Didn't think to research the seller beyond the reviews (which I assumed were legit). That will teach me!

Ramsay Bolton

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just ordered from Gearbest on Dec. 15th and started to worry. Found this thread. Wondering what the status is of everyone that has posted so far but at the time of your post had not received the product. Any updates? I did not choose tracking and ordered a box mod by itself, no atomizer or batteries. The last info I have is:
2015-12-18 15:00:00 Item pre-advice received
2015-12-19 10:53:00 Item received for processing
via Sweden Post Registered.

Being that it is the 29th I grew concerned that I had not seen it yet. Apparently it is the norm!

It's on it's way.

2015-12-18 15:00:00 Item pre-advice received > The package from China has arrived in Sweden

FYI - It takes about a week for the package to travel from China to Sweden

2015-12-19 10:53:00 Item received for processing > Sweden Post is preparing the package for shipment to your country

-

It's on it's way.

2015-12-18 15:00:00 Item pre-advice received > The package from China has arrived in Sweden

FYI - It takes about a week for the package to travel from China to Sweden

2015-12-19 10:53:00 Item received for processing > Sweden Post is preparing the package for shipment to your country

-
That is great information - do you happen to know how long it typically takes Sweden Post Registered to finish prepping and finally ship?

Ramsay Bolton

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That is great information - do you happen to know how long it typically takes Sweden Post Registered to finish prepping and finally ship?

This is the tracking info for a package I'm currently waiting for:

Sweden Post (Direct Link)

2015-12-19 14:04 Order departed from sorting hub

2015-12-14 13:58 Order departed on flight from origin

2015-12-10 17:04 Item received for processing

2015-12-10 05:00 Item pre-advice received

Looks like it took 9 days and then there's customs and the postal service
to deal with.

Someone else please chime in if I am wrong as I'm basing these chain
of events on how British Royal Mail operates. Could be that Sweden Post
has a processing facility in China and packages are forwarded to the
Swedish sorting hub?.

Keep in mind that with Christmas/New Years, deliveries will be delayed.

-

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't have your information, @Ramsay Bolton. I've only don on trial order from GB that took 60 days to arrive, so I use other vendors.

I can't help but wonder, though. You seem like a bright guy so given GB's myriad complaints to the BBB and getting repeatedly called out for their fraudulent reviews, may I ask why you use them?

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I don't have your information, @Ramsay Bolton. I've only don on trial order from GB that took 60 days to arrive, so I use other vendors.

I can't help but wonder, though. You seem like a bright guy so given GB's myriad complaints to the BBB and getting repeatedly called out for their fraudulent reviews, may I ask why you use them?
The likely answer is, he hasn't been burned yet.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They will never see another dime from my wallet. Ordered a mod stand in September & it's still not here yet. First order was great. They said I might have it by Xmas. :mad:
Update. They have no record of me at all. They will loose all that money over $8.95 Not a good thing if you want to survive. Fast Tech is slow, but I have always got my orders. GearBest speaks with forked tongue.

Ramsay Bolton

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

SailCat,

The Sweden Post shipped order mentioned in post #81 is from "Health Cabin" not GB.

My first order (Test Order) from GB vanished from the face of the earth and my story is somewhere
in the following thread (I was not a happy camper!):

http://www.vapingunderground.com/threads/gearbest-personal-experiences-good-or-bad.105022/

It took a while, but Zarya the GB rep on here refunded me in full for my missing order after waiting
50+ business days and also threw in an e-gift card as compensation for my ordeal.

I still make small purchases from them when prices are unbeatable, but verify that items are in-stock
beforehand and only have them shipped via registered British Royal Mail.

I also have no issues entering their giveaways albeit is does take some time to receive your prize if you
happen to win.

If you have a problem, PM Zarya. If she can't help you, then PayPal is your best friend.

http://www.vapingunderground.com/members/vapor-gearbest.17936/

-

VU Sponsors