Become a Patron!

GearBest shipping question

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't know if this is the best section to post this in. If there is a better one, I apologize.

I made my first order with GearBest and I'm confused. I bought products that were supposedly stocked in China, not in the USA.

However, when the order status posted to my account as "shipped" on 12/30/2015, it was shipped via FedEx/USPS smartpost.

While it still has not actually shipped (because FedEx tracking only shows "label created"), it's showing as being shipped from Hebron, Kentucky. o_O

So I'm confused because the product was not a USA-stocked product. I live in the USA so it's not a big deal, but I just want to know what is happening.

Can any GearBest customers shed some light on this?

Last edited:

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh Oh . I hope your not going to be another GearBest Victim , there seem to be a lot of them . Just do a search here on them and you will see a lot of pissed off people .

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, I'm not worried so much about getting ripped off as I will get my money back, but being shipped from the USA when it was supposed to be a China-stocked product is baffling.

I only ordered from them because I wanted the Vamo Box 18350 25w and they were selling them for very cheap over the holidays.

You may be right, I think I may have gotten bamboozled. But they will never win with me. I'm one consumer who knows how to get my money back and I waste no time. Chargebacks and Paypal disputes are the only way to make Chinese retailers listen and obey and I use that power quickly with them. I don't waste time with "customer service" tickets from Chinese retailers because in the end a chargeback or paypal dispute is always the answer anyway. Chinese retailers love to waste your time. I don't go for it.

But I hope all goes well because I would rather have the Vamo Boxes. lol. FastTech only sells the LiPo versions which I am not interested in. I'd gladly pay FastTech a couple bucks more (if they stocked the 18350 version) as they are OK (well, relatively speaking anyhow :rolleyes:).

Last edited:

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Well I dont know if you got bamboozled. I just know there are a lot of people , me included , that thay have pissed off .

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No doubt. I knew this before I ordered from them. Just wanted the 18350 Vamo box and at $15.xx I just could not resist. lol. This will likely be my first and last order from them.

I just wish I could make sense of this shipping/tracking.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You should be fine, I ordered from them once, expecting a hefty wait as the item came from China, but as it turns out it was available from their US warehouse after all. I got my item and didn't have to wait forever to get it. Come to think of it, I got it in 10 days and all was well. The batteries I'd ordered from them before that actually were shipped from China and took a mere 19 days, which I thought was pretty good time. Some here have had bad experiences with them, but I have always done well.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good to hear that. I can't wait to get those Vamo Boxes! We shall see. I am a bit leery of the price I paid, but we'll see.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sometimes a deal isn't "too good to be true." My last Gearbest purchase was a little Smowell 50w mod, cute as a bug and works great! I normally have a cardinal rule against buying mods from overseas, as the return process can be a royal pain in the arse. But this little gem was only $16.22 with free shipping, so I took a chance and glad I did.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yup, this is my first overseas mod purchase, too. Usually all I buy is parts and clone RTAs you can't get in the USA.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup, this is my first overseas mod purchase, too. Usually all I buy is parts and clone RTAs you can't get in the USA.
Yeah, Fasttech is my go-to for all that, always got a FT envelope in the mailbox here! Lol!

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've actually had okay luck with GB, though I'm pretty patient. They do have a US warehouse, so I wouldn't be scared if your gear ends up shipping from there - I'd be pleasantly surprised.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered a Cloupor GT (after a VJ alert, thanks Joe:confused:) from GB, and mine came from the China warehouse in 2 weeks. So, my only experience with them was great. Ill buy from them again.

I ordered a 2nd Subox mini kit from them. When it arrived quickly for the low price paid thought it was a good deal. Then went to install a battery and the negative pin wouldn't retract sufficiently to let the battery install and I notice the battery cover doesn't fit as well as the one I already have, it is very loose and slides all over.

The authenticity code checks out so I started a warranty claim and that is when the foot dragging started. After describing the problem GB sent a form letter asking for me to describe the problem and send a picture or video. How do you take a picture of a malfunctioning pin? After resubmitting the problem with the original description over and over for several days I give in and send a picture of the battery sitting against the pin outside the battery well. That was 2 days ago and haven't heard back, this is like Chinese water torture.

I used Paypal and will probably discover their recovery procedure by tomorrow, crap. Saving $10 seemed like a good idea at the time.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just an update on my situation:

- On 12/31/2015 Gearbest said they shipped my order supposedly from the USA even though it was listed as a China stocked product.
- But as of today 1/6/2016 FedEx Smartpost tracking still shows as "Label Created". Therefore, the package has not actually been picked up by FedEx.

These jokers create labels way before they actually ship the orders. No way FedEx would not have picked the package up at this point if in fact it was ready to be shipped.

I'm not in a hurry to receive rather I am in a hurry to understand what is going on here as something does not add up...

- Was supposed to be stocked in China but shipped from USA.
- Shipping label was created on 12/31/2015 but 6 days later there is still no tracking info for it other than "Label Created".

I will give it another week from today before I send them a request for clarification.

I have a feeling this is going to end in a Paypal dispute. I don't play games.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Let's hope. I just don't know why it has to sit in Kentucky for a month. If it really was in Kentucky i would have shipped and probably would have been to my doorstep by tomorrow or Friday. I only live 3 states away!

centella4u

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What if, the stock "really" is from China but theymhave contacted FedEx in advance to prepare "labels".
That is why yours show "Label Created" while the actual product is still being shipped to their central distribution point in the U.S.A.
Make sense?
And I won't even get into the defective product, having to go through returning, explaining to them, taking vdo clip and post on YouTube, etc. And it still came back with the same problem, new one, same problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
New
What if, the stock "really" is from China but theymhave contacted FedEx in advance to prepare "labels".
That is why yours show "Label Created" while the actual product is still being shipped to their central distribution point in the U.S.A.
Make sense?

Yeah, I was thinking about that. I bet this is the case.

And I won't even get into the defective product, having to go through returning, explaining to them, taking vdo clip and post on YouTube, etc. And it still came back with the same problem, new one, same problem.

I don't play those games. At the first sign of a Chinese retailer wasting my time, I start a paypal dispute. If you let them, they will waste all of your time.

centella4u

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I was thinking about that. I bet this is the case.

I don't play those games. At the first sign of a Chinese retailer wasting my time, I start a paypal dispute. If you let them, they will waste all of your time.
I learn my lesson, thanks, that'll be my course of action from now on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Come to think of it, they did upload a picture of my package. It has a USPS label so it will be shipped here via USPS, then FedEx will take it when it gets to the USA, and then FedEx will hand it off to the post office again once it reaches my region. Really dumb. This should add another 2 weeks to the delivery time lol.

I also noticed that my order (3 small Vamo Box 25s) appears to be packaged in a thin plastic envelop instead of a bubble mailer. Well, I guess I can expect some damages.

I only ordered from them because I wanted these mods and FT doesn't sell them. I doubt I will order from therm in the future. FastTech even though they have their faults, is much better as far as I can see.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I used cigabuy once with no issues, but the shipping was a little high, slow and no tracking.

VU Sponsors