Become a Patron!

GeekVape Aegis box mod review. "Your hands are addicted to gravitation? Aegis comes for you!

Vape Path

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Hello, world! ;):)

This summer I was one of reviewers, who first have made preview of GeekVape Aegis box mod in Russia.
Unfortunately, for reasons beyond my control, it came to me only last week and now I would like to introduce you its review, friends!

125-e1509350883884.png
As a fact such devices, which have a waterproof, dustproof and shockproof features are not really of wide range. Why? Well, think, that it`s because their segment`s too less on market.
Remember, are you one of those people, who once`s dropped their gadget into toilet/sink/ground and lost its functionality? Well, GeekVape`ve decided to struggle such situations and invented this device – Aegis box mod for people, who sometimes reach this troubles.

It came to me from Sourcemore in a standard set, without cell or atomizer.
On the face side of box we can see the box mod, its name, company`s logo and some characteristics (wattage, batteries info).
From left and right sides you can find device pictures from different angles.
And the back side includes some contact info, set, scratch code, specifications, certificates and warnings and a few words for lovers of experiments.

126-1.png

127-e1509350356218.png
When open the box, we see an Aegis box mod, some spare parts and user manual.
No USB..That`s a bad joke.. But maybe such a step was made consciously?

124-1-e1509351151945.png

GeekVape Aegis set:
1 * GeekVape Aegis box mod;
2 * Spare screws;
1 * Spare insert to micro USB port;
1 * Adapter to 18650;
1 * User manual​

GeekVape Aegis`s made as a mix of three materials with a IP67 protection standard, which is used by militaries. It`s convenient for to hold on and pleasant for the touch.

GeekVape Aegis Parametres:
Sizes: 87 mm * 45 mm * 34 mm;
Materials: Aluminum, Zink alloy, Silicone

On the face side of GeekVape Aegis box mod there is a black`n`white screen and control buttons. The brightness is normal, and also, there is a possibility to set it lower or higher. For to make this, you need to push «Fire» and «+» together and then control brightness level with «+» and «-» buttons.
128-e1509350943593.png

141-1.png

From the sides there is a beautiful insert, fixed with some screws, which has a manufacturer`s name and the name of device. It`s combined with silicone, making the design more interesting.

130-e1509350984765.png
129-e1509351002381.png
As for back side, it has special anatomic inserts (my has a leather one) for to underline the body of box mod and make it more comfortable.
131.png

On the top there is a 510 spring-loaded connector, which allows you to set atomizers to 33 mm diameter!!! That`s great! Except this feature, you can see a cap, fixed with 2 screws. If open it – you`ll see a micro USB port, which is closed by special insert for to make it sealed.

132-1-e1509351412333.png

135.png

This is a durable decision, but if you want to charge your mod – it will be annoying to unscrew the cap, charge and close it again. So, my mind is, that this port is made only for to upgrade device firmware. Moreover, screws have a little figured caps, and, for example, as for me, I don`t have such a screwdriver at home. The manufacturer haven`t put it in set, that`s bad!

On the bottom there is a battery compartment, with a really tough for screw/unscrew cap with special grip. Inside you can find polatiry for to easy set of your 26650 or 18650 (with adapter) battery.

133.png

134.png

The screen of GeekVape Aegis box mod shows such indices as wattage/temperature, mode name, current, voltage, battery indicator, puffs, TCR or wattage curve (depends on mode).
If you want to turn device on/off – push the «Fire» button for 5 times.

138.png

You can`t find a standard menu, which you have a habit to see at different devices. It`s more simple and convenient, I think. You can change modes by pushing «Fire» for 3 times and then choose one, using «+» or «-» buttons. The activation occurs by pressing «Fire» one time.

138.png
139.png
140.png
144.png
143.png
145-e1509351576708.png

Vape Path

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
But VPC mode is more interesting and allows you to set 5 different wattage levels with the rule «one puff – one value». I think, it`ll suite experiments lovers ;) Of course, 5 values isn`t really big as for example at Vaptio N1 PRO 240W (it has 1-20 values), but this is a good try too.
On the top of this mode we see the wattage curve and below – their concrete values.

142.png

If atomizer wasn`t set correctly – the system will tell you about that fact with the phrase "No coil detected".

146.png

As for responsiveness of buttons – it`s good and fast. Buttons jingle a little but not annoying. You won`t find misfires here, and this is good.
While using, GeekVape Aegis doesn`t get hot and works good even on the highest its level.

As for device test of water- and shockproof, I`ve given it to my 1,5 year old son for 2 days. He`s been playing it, drop everywhere and Aegis now works good and looks perfect.
Moreover, I`ve put it into aquarium for some hours with reptiles, and it still works!
Of course, if you use more aggressive conditions it`ll break down, but I think, that such of them as drowning and drop – are the most popular.

147.png

GeekVape Aegis features:
Modes: Power, TC (Ti, Ni, SS), TCR, VPC, Bypass;
Wattage: 1-100 Ватт;
Temperature: 100-315 °С; 200-600 °F;
Thread: 510 типа, подпружинен;
Charge current: 1А;
Batteries: 26650 ore 18650 (with the help of set adapter);
Firmware: Can be upgraded (you can find a new version from 27.10.17)​

-Sizes. Well, they are middle, box mod isn`t really heavy and is convenient for to hold on in hand.
-Quality and Assembly. They`re perfect, without any backlashes or defects!
-Design. Aegis box mod looks stylish and will suite every clothes or place.
-Standard set is poor, guys. There is no even a USB cable, but also, you can find versions with atomizer or 26650 battery and this is good.
-Autonomy. You can choose between 2 types of batteries – 18650 and 26650. Of course, 26650 has a better autonomy, but if you don`t have it – please, use your own 18650.

Pros:
Sizes;
Water-, dust- and shockproof;
Simple and convenient menu;
Contain the most popular modes;
Autonomy;
Can work with 2 types of batteries

Cons:
USB port is difficult for to use;
100W is good, but could be less higher (about 120 for example);
No USB cable in set;
No figured screwdriver in set

CV
Well, I like GeekVape Aegis box mod. It has a really durable body, 100W wattage, simple menu, bright screen and the possibility of being used with 2 types of batteries – 26650 or 18650. The critical moment is, that there is no USB cable inside the box and special figured screwdriver, but manufacturer`s launched versions with atomizer or 26650 in set. Device`ll complete your leisure on nature, at garage, beach, etc., and this`s great, when you can have such a good «partner».​

As for the price, you can buy standard version for 41.99$, one with atomizer – for 57.50$ and one with battery – for 76 here.

VU Sponsors