Become a Patron!

Geekvape Aegis Squonk 2 in 1 Mod Review by Ani

Anibird

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
I want to thank Geekvape for providing me with the Aegis Squonk 2 in 1 Bottom Feeder kit to review. I hope you find it helpful.

gvsquonker.jpg

Opening the box it occured to me that I finally had a waterproof, dustproof, shockproof vape and it was a squonker to boot! The first layer contains the Geekvape Aegis Squonk and the Tengu RDA. The second layer contains an extra squonk bottle, usb charging cable, spare parts bag, 2 N80 coils, 2 pieces of feather cotton, 1 L shaped hexagonal tool, 1 battery door assist tool, 1 GV triangular tool, 1 810 drip tip, 1 510 drip tip adapter, 1 user manual and 1 warranty card.

aegissquonk2.jpg

For those of you who've never used a squonk it's a very simple process. It consists of a vape, an internal bottle for your liquid and a rda with a bottom feeding pin allowing liquid to enter the rda from the bottom. You need to "build" the rda which consists of inserting the coils and tightening them down and then adding a wick. Most people use cotton but some use rayon. The wick is threaded through the center of the coil allowing liquid to be brought to the coil allowing it to be turned to vapor. You press the Squonk bottle to get liquid into the rda. This is simplified but enough to get you started.

The squonk bottle is a whopping 10ml and is easily filled. You just slide back the top, push the tip of your bottle through the protective covering and fill it up. The only problem arises when you have a large bottle. Its somewhat difficult to maneuver it for filling.

The squonk is powered by a single 18650 battery and goes up to 100 watts by using the AS-100 chip. More than enough power for a day full of squonking. I kept an extra battery charged just in case but rarely needed it.

In addition to it being shockproof, dustproof and waterproof the Aegis Squonk has a host of safety features. There's a ten second cut off, overcharge and discharge protection, overheat protection, surge protection, and short circuit protection.

The battery compartment is accessed from the bottom of the squonk. There is a tool provided to help unscrew the cover but I've found it quite easy to unscrew without it. The battery goes in positive side first with the negative side against the cap.

The Squonk portion of the mod is removable. Once you've removed it you can use the mod as is or attach the skeleton piece sold separately. I haven't removed mine yet as I'm waiting for my skeleton to arrive. It can be found quite inexpensively if you don't mind waiting. Once attached it forms a secure seal and your vape is still Shockproof, rustproof and waterproof.

Like most vapes you turn it on by pressing the fire button 5 times. You access the other menus by clicking the fire button 3 times and using the + and - buttons to navigate. Temperature control allows you to select the type of coil being used and once selected works fine.

The Tengu RDA is very easy to build. I don't have much experience with dual coils but had no problems building this one. The completed build came out at .19ohms. I would suggest using coils with a higher ohm rather than the ones provided. When I built it with ss coils to test temp control the build came to .35ohm. A bit better on the batteries than the provided coils. The Tengu is also very hard to oversquonk. The airflow holes are pretty high up and you'd have to keep pressing the bottle to force it to leak. The flavor came on strong. I definitely like their choice of rda.

Pros: Its a Squonk. Its shockproof, dustproof and waterproof. The Tengu is easy to build.

Cons: Its difficult to fill the squonk bottle with a large bottle. The ohms of the provided coils end up too low.

Specifications:
  • 5 to 100W Output
    • GeekVape AS-100 Chip
    • Seven Total Output Modes
    • 0.05 to 3.0 ohm Atomizer Resistance Range
  • Temperature Control Suite
    • Ni200 Nickel Support
    • Titanium Support
    • SS316 Support
    • Kanthal Support
    • POWER Support
    • TCR Mode