Become a Patron!

Geekvape L200 (Aegis Legend 2) Kit Review

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey all, been a while since my last review, life just gets in the way. I do still get requests for reviews from time to time and turn them down but when I saw this I was intrigued. Going to do things a bit differently this time around. To save you time I am just going to get to the point, final thoughts at the beginning and you can decide if you want to get to the pics and more info. The kit was provided free of charge but no other compensation directly from Geekvape for this review, more info here: https://geekvape.com/aegis/geekvape-L200.html

s4mLnoH.jpg

Geekvape L200 (Aegis Legend 2)

I have been a fan of the Geekvape Aegis series of mods, my favorite being the Aegis X with that HUGE screen. The second favorite being the original Aegis Legend due to the ability to hold 30mm tanks with no overhang. I still have all my Aegis mods and they all still work which I can't say for every brand I have purchased over the years.

The new L200 I have been impressed with within the 30 days since I have received in power mode, TC is OK but not great. It is lighter and more comfortable to hold compared to the original Legend, it is one of the most comfortable mods to hold that I have. You do lose the ability to hold 30mm tanks compared to the original, in fact, the 24mm Geekvape Zeus Sub-ohm 2021 overhangs the top plate by maybe 0.5mm on either side but does overhang the overall mod.

In comparing to a DNA250C and SXmini T Class the power seems fairly accurate when both the DNA and Yihi chips are using the boost settings. TC is acceptable but not in the stock SS TC mode, I got better performance using the TCR setting and that varied between 115 to 120 in TCR mode. Overall I preferred using power mode with the L200 and I am a TC nut.

I have used the L200 every day for 30 days and will continue to use it, in fact, I do plan on buying the blue once I can get my hands on one, I like it that much.

Geekvape Zeus Sub-ohm 2021

Geekvape mentions "larger air inflow & better performance" over the previous version but in comparing the 2 I really couldn't tell the difference. That's not necessarily a bad thing, I still enjoy the original and have 2 of them along with 6 packs of coils. I compared both with fresh coils and the same juice and yep, pretty much the same to me.

It is a flavorful tank and my favorite coil being the 0.2Ω single mesh but they also included a new 0.25Ω dual mesh coil which I decided to compare to the Freemax Mesh Pro dual mesh. Now the BIG difference is the airflow, the new Z series mesh coil is a tight draw compared to the 0.2Ω single mesh. It is also not as power-hungry, I run the 0.2Ω single mesh anywhere between 65 to 85 watts, the new 0.25Ω dual mesh coil is rated between 45 and 57 watts and that is a good range.

When comparing the new 0.25Ω dual mesh coil with the Freemax Mesh Pro dual it was easy to tell the difference. The 0.25Ω dual mesh coil highlighted the cream portion of a recipe more, the Freemax emphasized the fruits and the creams took a back seat. Depending on the juice I used I would flip on which I liked better, sometimes the Geekvape dual offered a more balanced flavor profile, and sometimes the Freemax dual gave the fruits more pop. Overall for my vaping style, I just need more airflow, if you like a tight draw the Geekvape 0.25Ω dual mesh coil does have very nice flavor.

I won't be buying another Geekvape Zeus Sub-ohm 2021 as now I have 1 and 2 of the originals but it is a tank I would recommend unless you already have an original, this won't be much of an improvement.

Final Thoughts

Overall I am pretty happy with the Geekvape L200 (Aegis Legend 2) Kit, it looked great in pics and even better in person. The one thing that really stands out to me is how comfortable the new L200 mod is to hold. I always carry 2 mods with me at the minimum, usually, a Lost Vape Thelema or Centaurus, and the L200 is more comfortable to hold than either of those. Both of the Lost Vape mods do much better TC so that is why they are along for the ride but that didn't stop my enjoyment of using the L200 in just power mode. The L200 also got a lot of compliments, it is just a very nice looking mod.

Here is a link to pics of the Kit I took, I was going to embed them but looks like the process changed since my last review:

Pros:

• Comfortable to hold, big pro
  • Buttons nice and clicky, better than the original Legend
  • Decent battery life, 240 puffs at 80 watts, 260 puffs at 75 watts
  • Good coil life with 0.2Ω single mesh at 900+ puffs
  • USB-C charging/upgrade port
  • The screen is easier to see than the original Legend
  • Switch on the side to lock the mod when going in your pocket
  • Very good flavor from both coils

Cons:

• The 0.25Ω dual mesh coil didn't last as long as I had hoped, could have been the new juice
  • Overhang with 24mm tanks on the top plate that steps down to the overall width of 26.5mm, would have liked it more if it was 26.5mm all the way
  • TC is ok but not great, lacks some consistency and the TCR mode works better than the SS TC mode with TCR at 115 to 120

Thanks for making it this far and if you have any other questions feel free to ask away. Thanks as well to Allison over at Geekvape for sending this along, I really did enjoy my time using this kit and will be buying that blue L200 as soon as I can get my hands on one.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Hey all, been a while since my last review, life just gets in the way. I do still get requests for reviews from time to time and turn them down but when I saw this I was intrigued. Going to do things a bit differently this time around. To save you time I am just going to get to the point, final thoughts at the beginning and you can decide if you want to get to the pics and more info. The kit was provided free of charge but no other compensation directly from Geekvape for this review, more info here: https://geekvape.com/aegis/geekvape-L200.html

s4mLnoH.jpg

Geekvape L200 (Aegis Legend 2)

I have been a fan of the Geekvape Aegis series of mods, my favorite being the Aegis X with that HUGE screen. The second favorite being the original Aegis Legend due to the ability to hold 30mm tanks with no overhang. I still have all my Aegis mods and they all still work which I can't say for every brand I have purchased over the years.

The new L200 I have been impressed with within the 30 days since I have received in power mode, TC is OK but not great. It is lighter and more comfortable to hold compared to the original Legend, it is one of the most comfortable mods to hold that I have. You do lose the ability to hold 30mm tanks compared to the original, in fact, the 24mm Geekvape Zeus Sub-ohm 2021 overhangs the top plate by maybe 0.5mm on either side but does overhang the overall mod.

In comparing to a DNA250C and SXmini T Class the power seems fairly accurate when both the DNA and Yihi chips are using the boost settings. TC is acceptable but not in the stock SS TC mode, I got better performance using the TCR setting and that varied between 115 to 120 in TCR mode. Overall I preferred using power mode with the L200 and I am a TC nut.

I have used the L200 every day for 30 days and will continue to use it, in fact, I do plan on buying the blue once I can get my hands on one, I like it that much.

Geekvape Zeus Sub-ohm 2021

Geekvape mentions "larger air inflow & better performance" over the previous version but in comparing the 2 I really couldn't tell the difference. That's not necessarily a bad thing, I still enjoy the original and have 2 of them along with 6 packs of coils. I compared both with fresh coils and the same juice and yep, pretty much the same to me.

It is a flavorful tank and my favorite coil being the 0.2Ω single mesh but they also included a new 0.25Ω dual mesh coil which I decided to compare to the Freemax Mesh Pro dual mesh. Now the BIG difference is the airflow, the new Z series mesh coil is a tight draw compared to the 0.2Ω single mesh. It is also not as power-hungry, I run the 0.2Ω single mesh anywhere between 65 to 85 watts, the new 0.25Ω dual mesh coil is rated between 45 and 57 watts and that is a good range.

When comparing the new 0.25Ω dual mesh coil with the Freemax Mesh Pro dual it was easy to tell the difference. The 0.25Ω dual mesh coil highlighted the cream portion of a recipe more, the Freemax emphasized the fruits and the creams took a back seat. Depending on the juice I used I would flip on which I liked better, sometimes the Geekvape dual offered a more balanced flavor profile, and sometimes the Freemax dual gave the fruits more pop. Overall for my vaping style, I just need more airflow, if you like a tight draw the Geekvape 0.25Ω dual mesh coil does have very nice flavor.

I won't be buying another Geekvape Zeus Sub-ohm 2021 as now I have 1 and 2 of the originals but it is a tank I would recommend unless you already have an original, this won't be much of an improvement.

Final Thoughts

Overall I am pretty happy with the Geekvape L200 (Aegis Legend 2) Kit, it looked great in pics and even better in person. The one thing that really stands out to me is how comfortable the new L200 mod is to hold. I always carry 2 mods with me at the minimum, usually, a Lost Vape Thelema or Centaurus, and the L200 is more comfortable to hold than either of those. Both of the Lost Vape mods do much better TC so that is why they are along for the ride but that didn't stop my enjoyment of using the L200 in just power mode. The L200 also got a lot of compliments, it is just a very nice looking mod.

Here is a link to pics of the Kit I took, I was going to embed them but looks like the process changed since my last review:

Pros:

• Comfortable to hold, big pro
  • Buttons nice and clicky, better than the original Legend
  • Decent battery life, 240 puffs at 80 watts, 260 puffs at 75 watts
  • Good coil life with 0.2Ω single mesh at 900+ puffs
  • USB-C charging/upgrade port
  • The screen is easier to see than the original Legend
  • Switch on the side to lock the mod when going in your pocket
  • Very good flavor from both coils

Cons:

• The 0.25Ω dual mesh coil didn't last as long as I had hoped, could have been the new juice
  • Overhang with 24mm tanks on the top plate that steps down to the overall width of 26.5mm, would have liked it more if it was 26.5mm all the way
  • TC is ok but not great, lacks some consistency and the TCR mode works better than the SS TC mode with TCR at 115 to 120

Thanks for making it this far and if you have any other questions feel free to ask away. Thanks as well to Allison over at Geekvape for sending this along, I really did enjoy my time using this kit and will be buying that blue L200 as soon as I can get my hands on one.
Good one. Im a fan of Geek gear too. Have 3 of the Zeus tanks, and three of their mods, solo, max and X.
Im guessing yours came with the Z coils iv heard about? Is it just the dual mesh one thats different or are they different overall somehow to the originals?

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good one. Im a fan of Geek gear too. Have 3 of the Zeus tanks, and three of their mods, solo, max and X.
Im guessing yours came with the Z coils iv heard about? Is it just the dual mesh one thats different or are they different overall somehow to the originals?
Hey Smigo,

Yeah, they did make improvements to the original single 0.20ohm coil, a different mesh structure and I tested it vs the old style and didn't notice much difference. The new mesh coil is on top, the old version on the bottom of the included pic.

In all honesty I still prefer the X you have, it holds a bigger tank without overhang and that huge screen is so nice. The L200 just has the edge in looks but that can vary from person to person.
4794ee08d538af22b78d6550bf309a12.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Hey Smigo,

Yeah, they did make improvements to the original single 0.20ohm coil, a different mesh structure and I tested it vs the old style and didn't notice much difference. The new mesh coil is on top, the old version on the bottom of the included pic.

In all honesty I still prefer the X you have, it holds a bigger tank without overhang and that huge screen is so nice. The L200 just has the edge in looks but that can vary from person to person.
4794ee08d538af22b78d6550bf309a12.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Great. Thanks for that. My misses commandeered the X not long after I got it "oooh I like that....its mine!"
Who am I to argue, like they say happy wife happy life. :giggle:
Honest review there too 👍

VU Sponsors