Become a Patron!

Geekvape Mero AIO review

I_aint_Joe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Introduction

The Mero is a very simple device, so this review will be the same.

What is it?

A tube style 2100mAh pod system that takes (at least some of) Geekvape’s B-series coils - these are the same coils as used in the Hero, Boost, Boost plus and Nano Tank, so availability should be good.
DSC_0068.jpg
What do you get?

The pod system, one coil, a coil removal tool (that isn’t necessary) and a type-C USB cable.
DSC_0003.jpg

What’s it like?

Pod
– a 3ml top-fill pod. Coil goes in the bottom and despite having a coil removal tool, I just used my fingers. It uses a regular 510 drip-tip, so swapping it out is possible.

Chipset – you have one button. This turns it on/off (five clicks) and adjusts the voltage (3.2V/3.5V/3.8V). The fire button is illuminated, different colors indicate battery level and voltage.

Airflow – twist the pod to adjust the airflow. It doesn’t become truly MTL tight, however it does go from restricted DTL to slightly more restricted DTL.

Coils – The kit only provided me with the 0.4ohm coil, which gives a nice restricted DTL hit, flavor is nice, longevity is good. It’s not the best vape I’ve had from a pod system, but it’s still quite good. I’m not actually sure which of the B-series coils are compatible, some sections of the website say all B-series coils, other sections say just the 0.4 and 0.6ohm.

Battery – 2100mAh is good and allows for a reasonable amount of vaping before a charge is required.

Price – from Healthcabin, it’s $18.99. I don’t usually care about price in reviews, but this puts it very much into the realm of first vape or backup vape.

DSC_0080.jpg
Pros

• Simple looks and operation.
  • Top-fill pod with a 510 drip-tip.
  • Good coil availability, flavor and longevity.
  • Low price.
  • Decent battery for the size.

Cons

• It’s basic. No screen, no wattage, nothing.
  • Airflow adjustment is limited.
  • Only comes with one coil.
  • Confusion regarding exactly which B-series coils are compatible.

Ratings as compared to other similar products

• Vapor production – 5/10
  • Flavor - 6/10
  • Quality – 6/10
  • Value – 9/10

Conclusion

It’s not the last word in pod sophistication or performance, but I don’t think it’s trying to be.

For a simple pod at a low price, I don’t really have any complaints.

Disclaimer

The Mero was supplied by Healthcabin for the purposes of this review – they currently have it available for $18.99

VU Sponsors