Become a Patron!

Geekvape Wenax K1 Review

I_aint_Joe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Introduction

I could be lazy with this review and cover everything in four or five lines: The Wenax K1 is a 2ml 600mAh pod system, with flavor comparable to the best pod systems, the pods work with all types of juice and last really long, the fill-tab, drip-tip and the fact that it falls over, are all annoying.

But I try not to be lazy…

What is it?

DSC_0075.jpg
The Wenax K1 is a stick-type 600mAh pod system very much in the style of the Caliburn, it comes with 0.8ohm and 1.2ohm all-in-one pods, charges via a type-C USB cable and has fixed airflow.

How do you use it?

The one button allows you to turn on/off with five clicks and cycle through three power settings with three clicks. You can use the power button or auto-draw – the auto-draw is responsive, when powered off, obviously you can’t use the fire button, however auto-draw is always active, no matter if it’s powered on or off.

There is a small LED below the fire button that shows the current power setting and battery level.
DSC_0077.jpg
What I like about it

• The flavor – the flavor is up there with the best small form-factor pod systems out there, I think the ZQ Xtal 1.0ohm mesh is ever so slightly better, but there isn’t much in it. Out of the two pods provided, there wasn’t a huge difference, but overall, I like the 1.2ohm pod a little more.
  • The draw – with both pods, the draw is really nice – it’s a loose MTL, not quite restricted DTL draw.
  • The coil life – both coils lasted a long time, I lost count of how much juice I put through them, but it was a lot. Also, it doesn’t use a lot of juice – I was going for a long time between each refill.
  • The wicking – unlike some pod systems which require you to use certain PG/VG ratio juice to get them performing well, the Wenax K1 isn’t fussy at all. Whatever juice you put in it wicks perfectly and tastes good.
  • The battery life – for 600mAh the battery lasts well. It supports pass-thru charging and charges comparatively quicky.
What I dislike about it

• The pod filling system. It’s really hard to open the tab – they need a lip on the rubber bung or a notch in the pod to make this easier. When I think about the filling system on the ZQ Xtal (the absolute best pod filling system ever), I wonder why Geekvape didn’t use a similar design. This is my major dislike with the Wenax K1.
  • It falls over all the time – the heavily rounded-off edges of the Wenax look and feel great, but they also make it fall over just by glancing at it in the wrong way. It isn’t a big deal and doesn’t leak when it falls over, so I’ll call this an annoyance rather than a dislike.
  • When the coil does finally die, it doesn’t gradually lose flavor allowing you to finish the juice left in the tank and then replace it – in the space of two or three hits, it goes from a delicious vape to the sensation of vaping dirt.
  • I don’t like the drip-tip. Most importantly, I prefer the feeling of a Caliburn style drip-tip where it gradually narrows from the pod, also I don’t think it looks that attractive. Whatever, it’s just a drip-tip and that kind of thing is very much down to personal preference.
  • No adjustable airflow – I really don’t want to complain about this, but I will – the airflow is well judged and to include adjustable airflow would have just increased the size and cost. However, being able to dial in a slightly tighter draw would have been really nice. Would I swap the adjustable power for adjustable airflow? No.
wenax-k1-album-02.jpg
Ratings

From one to ten, when compared to similar devices

• Coils – 9/10 – good flavor, long lasting and great wicking. I’m not sure there’s anything else I could ask for when it comes to pod coils.
  • Ease of use – 7/10 – it would be 9/10 if it wasn’t for the annoying fill port.
  • Vapor production – 4/10 – that’s not what it’s for.
  • Value – it’s very cheap, the coils are cheap and it’s not juice thirsty.
Conclusion

Most of my complaints about this pod system are so minor, that the good points outweigh the bad pods by a large margin.

For someone giving up smoking, or an experienced vaper who wants a backup device, the Wenax K1 is pretty awesome.

Disclaimers The Wenax K1 was provided by Health Cabin for the purposes of this review – the K1 is usually $15.98 on their website, however if you log in with a verified account, this price is reduced to $12.96.

Even though the Wenax K1 that I received was from a distributor, not directly from Geekvape, it was marked as a sample, so the package contents and design elements might change.

VU Sponsors