Become a Patron!

Geekvape Z .2 and .4 coils

shamelin73

Member For 4 Years
Has anyone had issues with with the Geekvape Z .2 And the .4 coils?

Last few months I have go through so many coils and before the boxes has been labeled New I would get a week to as much as a month mount of them.

I am going to have to buy something different. I have 2 of these and going through coils every day to 2 days. I only run 34 to 35 watts on the .4 45 to 50.

Both the .2 and .4 both burn at the bars not at the mesh part.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I don't have that tank. That sounds horrible :(
Did it ever work right or have the coils always been this way?
35 watts shouldn't be frying coils
How about the juice?
Are you using something really thick and/or sweet?

shamelin73

Member For 4 Years
I don't have that tank. That sounds horrible :(
Did it ever work right or have the coils always been this way?
35 watts shouldn't be frying coils
How about the juice?
Are you using something really thick and/or sweet?
No they have generally been great tanks and coils. They have updated the coils and now have NEW printed on them. They have changed something in the coils.
I have been using the same vapetasia killer Kustard for years. I sometimes grab something different for a week or so to change it up but always go back.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
No they have generally been great tanks and coils. They have updated the coils and now have NEW printed on them. They have changed something in the coils.
I have been using the same vapetasia killer Kustard for years. I sometimes grab something different for a week or so to change it up but always go back.

Is it possible that you could be getting fake coils?
I'm not sure on these coils but there are companies that make clone (fake) coils where the box looks legit and everything.
Have you switched up the place you have been getting your coils from?

shamelin73

Member For 4 Years
Is it possible that you could be getting fake coils?
I'm not sure on these coils but there are companies that make clone (fake) coils where the box looks legit and everything.
Have you switched up the place you have been getting your coils from?
I have only bought my coils from the local shop. I get them about the same price as I would online.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
If the coils were lasting you before and the only change is the coils have this "new" written on them then I think you are correct. The new coils must be made of some kind of inferior materials.

Have you looked into any different tanks?

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Has anyone had issues with with the Geekvape Z .2 And the .4 coils?

Last few months I have go through so many coils and before the boxes has been labeled New I would get a week to as much as a month mount of them.

I am going to have to buy something different. I have 2 of these and going through coils every day to 2 days. I only run 34 to 35 watts on the .4 45 to 50.

Both the .2 and .4 both burn at the bars not at the mesh part.
Bit late to this party, switched to tapatalk and loathe it, anyhow.
This is interesting, and concerning as I recently purchased 12 packets of the .4 coils.
I have not tried one yet but will today. Like you the coils have been stellar for such little coils and last well.
After reading your post I did some searching and have seen numerous complaints about the new ones online.
I had no idea they made a change in the mesh. I just checked a New one out compared to the old and see the mesh is very different. The New are a tighter honeycomb construction and the old wider spaced oblong shape sections.
If these turn out like yours then iv wasted $170. Dirty too because I have 4 tanks!
I read about dry hits with these New ones too. I to date have never had a dry hit on the older ones.
Ill let you know how I go on these New ones. Fingers crossed.
Top picture the old originals....bottom the New...
e7d47031800249eb33f5d50f7f668351.jpg
cf57d2cb89f2a8504693c4b5f5fb0cab.jpg

Sent from my LM-X430 using Tapatalk

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
DAMN. Those new coils look inferior in quality. Big time.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
DAMN. Those new coils look inferior in quality. Big time.
Hi. So have one in and its vaping ok. Not sure I can pick much difference flavour production wise. The wattage settings are very different though. The New pack rates them 10 watts lower for the recommend settings. 60 to 70 the old and 50 to 60 the New. But to get the same vapour and flavour I get with the old set at 58w im getting the same with the new on just 40w. When I go up to the mid point with the New at 55w the flavour starts muting a bit on a long draw. At 40 it stays constant all the way through. To be honest thats how I found the old ones to be at the mid 60w setting. Vaped better below the recommended settings.
Now what I didnt realise was the tank I got the misses a couple of weeks ago had a New .4 in it. When I set it up for her I did the usual and started it low on 30w. After several goes I raise it a bit. When I got to 40w I thought "thats odd it tastes ok already" I went up a bit more to the 50s and got that flavour drop so left it at 40 for her. I told her "I think this coils just an oddy but it tastes ok, let me know when you think the flavour goes and ill change it. I dont think it will last long though". She ended up putting 150 + ml through it before it went. Which was today and thats when I saw it was the New one. Thats the tank iv been trying today. I never used hers other than setting it up for her.
If the others last that long with my sweet diy ill be happy enough.
Will see.

shamelin73

Member For 4 Years
Mine were not burning on the mesh part. Mine all got really dark where the posts are at the ends of the mesh. I have also notice that my goto juice vapetasia killer kustard has changed and much more sweet than it used to be. This may have done this as well

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Mine were not burning on the mesh part. Mine all got really dark where the posts are at the ends of the mesh. I have also notice that my goto juice vapetasia killer kustard has changed and much more sweet than it used to be. This may have done this as well
Ok. Thanks for getting back on this. Im still going to keep updating how these are going as I get how different they are. I do get also how bad batches of coils come out. Yrs ago I gad a horror run on Inokkin Crios coils as well was Aspire Cleitos. I was convinced the Aspire were fake as when I went back to the shop I got them from he was very sheepish when pushed and refunded me. The Crios I believe were real Inokkin but a bad batch.
Im not sure whats happening with these Geeks but ill keep posting how they go here on this thread for the next couple of months each time my misses needs a coil change and I do. I still have 8 packs of the older ones but ill make sure I replace all coils with the new over that time. I make DIY and use 3 drops of Cap Super Sweet per 30 ml juice. I like it sweet.
But I will keep this thread updated with my use.
Good luck Shamelin and here is hoping we both end up with a good outcome as the Zeus setup is probably to date the best and most consistent tank/coil combo iv had vaping.
Cheers mate. 👍

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Ok an update.
Me and the misses have been using the New .4 coils.
My misses vapes much more than me and after her first New .4 which lasted good she put 140ml through the next one. I kept checking the flavour now n then and it to me and her gave out at 140ml. I reckon for such a small coil that was great. She liked it at 45w. Thats below Geeks recommended level but to me even when I used the originals I thought they vaped better below to recommended level. So thats about equal in my opinion.
Mine that I put in when I did hers iv vaped 70 ml and the flavour has not changed or dropped a bit. Im using it at 50w. We both do long draws between 2 to 3 seconds. Im expecting mine will give out around 90 to 100 ml.
So as im seeing we personally have no complaints with these New coils. No dry hits or issues.
Right now any doubts I had have been layed to rest.
I get that sometimes there can be bad batches of coils as I had in the past with Crios coils and Cleito coils. So with the OP here I understand that happens.
But for me these are as consistent and at least as good no issues as the original Zeus coils. 👍
@Skinzo67

shamelin73

Member For 4 Years
I think I figured out what the deal was. I even bought a new tank Crown 5 and seemed to have the same issue. The new Z coils don’t last as long at the originals did but what was causing my issue I think was the juice. I have been using Vapetasia Killer Kustard for a while now and though it seemed more sweet. I have asked another person that likes and used the same jiuce and he mentioned that he thought the change formulas.
After I bought the Crown I decided to get some house juice from a friend BM store and he made some vanilla custard and some blue raspberry not quite the same but still good and not as sweet. Both the Crown and the Z lasted well over 120ml so far with each of the flavors.

Anyone vape the Vapetasia Killer Kustard

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I think I figured out what the deal was. I even bought a new tank Crown 5 and seemed to have the same issue. The new Z coils don’t last as long at the originals did but what was causing my issue I think was the juice. I have been using Vapetasia Killer Kustard for a while now and though it seemed more sweet. I have asked another person that likes and used the same jiuce and he mentioned that he thought the change formulas.
After I bought the Crown I decided to get some house juice from a friend BM store and he made some vanilla custard and some blue raspberry not quite the same but still good and not as sweet. Both the Crown and the Z lasted well over 120ml so far with each of the flavors.

Anyone vape the Vapetasia Killer Kustard
Ah, thats good news.
Me and the misses are still using the Z's and Zeus tank as our mains and are happy with how they are going.
I mix my own and using them with near clear and some darker mixes am not seeing any perceivable difference in life span.
I give the new ones the thumbs up. The taste is the same. No less. Better life span as they say? Maybe if you put up with flavour drop, which I dont and swap them out around the same time as I did the originals but my misses puts up with that longer than I do and she seems to see them last a bit longer.
Cheers.

Anyone have update on coils from the second wave of the 'updated' z-coils? The geekvape site used to have pictures of their mesh designs and now they dont so when I finally ordered new coils with a new zeus it took me a frustrating amount of time to figure out why it was leaking like a sieve! I've realized its the updated mesh design & I have been a long time dedicated Zeus girl on the .4ohm at 45 watt. My entire line of DIY juices are built around my z-coil flavor profile and I am feeling more than a bit betrayed. They never state how the coils are updated and have removed ALL imaging of their mesh designs from their site;do they think we wouldn't notice?! Its like being gaslighted from a vaping company! The new coils are horrible and the prongs at the top and bottom completely eliminate the ability to clean off a coil. DIY everything is my M.O. and since I've never found a successful cap for my zeus the ability to clean particles off the old coil was awesome with a little silicone mascara wand and some pg! The row of prongs off the new coils are NEVER straight and catch everything as well as act as a wicking aid to increase the already too fast seeping that juice does. I use max vg juices and if the gasket on the top of my tank is even a little tweaked they seep so bad it takes 2minutes for a full tank of 100% straight vg to seep out...only about 2/3 of it leaks out because once the air intakes back up it will stop leaking..but lay it on its side and its gone in 2 minutes with a new coil. I get bad batches but I've gone through THREE coil packs...and I'm just annoyed...my zeus used to be the only tank that made vaping as safe as possible because I NEVER risked a leak of potentially deadly liquid around my daughter. While my daughter is now six-its still an unacceptable risk when the liquid smells like deliciousness! It makes me wonder if geekvape designers are actually dedicated vapers and understand the impact of this type of change and to keep under smoke&mirrors! All it would take was one person filing a lawsuit for a faulty device and itd cost geekvape way more money than it appears they're trying to save by changing coil design & quality. I've used the new coils in my old tank and my new tank. I used to get a month out of a coil and I go through 10cc/day minimum! Now I have to use my zeuses like drippers and can only put a cc in at a time. Unless someone has a solution I've not tried it might be time to pack up my Zeus fan gear!
Sad,but I don't do 'delicate' vaping; I need it to be on its side or accidentally upside down and NOT leak..my zeus was so perfect for years before and now its like the first six months of vaping all over again...eww...not to mention the cost, time & energy.
Anyone else notice this on here;Ive found a handful of others in my reddit forum that have, it seems to be mostly with the .4....most people don't keep trying and just move to something else, lol what can I say I'm stubborn!

I’ve been using the .4 mesh coils for what seems like years now and find the hit of the ‘new’ coil to be sub quality, less flavour, less vape and just not as satisfying. Which is a damn shame. I actually came online tonight to see if it was just me but apparently not. When the ‘old’ mesh coils first came out they were stunning. Frigs me when companies go and fix something that’s not broken. I’m still paying the same at the counter but I’d bet the manufacturer paying less to produce the product. They don’t even look as well manufactured. Time to start looking around for a new product, they are just about to lose a customer that hasn’t even thought of looking at other options up to now.

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
WOW, interesting thread... I've been using the Zeus Sub ohm with .4ohm coils for at least a year/two now. Been having issues recently with bad taste. trying to pin it down... meds, mouthwash, vape tongue, covid, same juice for too long are all possibilities but after seeing this, I'm wondering if it's just trash coils! I was about to buy another Zeus tank and another couple packs of coils. I agree that the coils used to last me a month, but now it's like a couple days and it tastes like sh!t. I bought 14 new bottles of flavoring (up to 68 flavors now - some same flavor but diff companies) and have spent about 15 hours (so far) looking up recipes, running them through my calculator to get exact recipes for 30ml, 70/30 blend, 10mg nic using 100mg/ml 100% vg Delosi nic salt... then past them into a word doc where I can easily record the actual values I mixed at. I use an AWS LB-501 scale (as suggested on here years ago) and measure by grams. Scale is so sensitive I have to turn ceiling fans off and I try to be as exact as possible... usually am within 1 or 2 hundredths of a gram on my measurements. I have only made a few new recipes so far, been busy as hell. Nasty taste went away but now it's back. I have 5 tanks in all (not all Zeus) and 3 single 18650 mods so I can do 5 flavors at a time to rotate through and test each day (steeping and shaking). Yeah, a bit ocd here. But the coils I have aren't exactly new as I buy 4-5 packs at a time and since they were lasting me about a month... it's been a while. I'll have to check to see if they say NEW on them as I recently broke into the newest pack I have (have 2 packs left). So I just came on here to look for a new tank to try because I vape at 25 watts and even .4ohm is intended for more like 40-50 watts so I'd like to find something that has .6 -.7ohm coils available. Not sure if that even exists... most I've seen are .4 down to .17. But am going to look at these latest coils asap to see what's up. Glad I ran across this, Now I def want a new tank, lol. I see Gvape has a new Zeus MAX out but of course hard to come by, more expensive and more expensive coils. Perhaps they cheapened them so we would spend more money on the new tank/coils. I'm a cheap vaper. DIY juice, my mods are years old, tanks are years old... buy 4 vtc6 batteries about every 4 years, rotate through them in order (again with the ocd). Always drain them completely, charge and place in rotation. All theses stores want us to spend $500+ each year to get enough points to get 5$ off next purchase, points expire, blah, blah, blah. I don't want to (and cant afford to) spend that kind of money on vaping. I have enough invested in 68 flavors, and nic that I should be good on juice for 2 years, lol Not pleased with the high shipping costs everywhere. They claim it's for adult signature but last 3 orders where I paid $20 shipping, arrived without signature required so they are charging for it but not using it. Well, I guess the one required signature but my mailman signed for me and left in mailbox, lol. I know him so that's cool but what's the point in paying all that extra for nothing? 8Vape doesnt charge for it but every other place I've looked at today does... most are $15, which is better than the $20 I paid last few times. I try to stock up so I don't have to throw away $20 + cost of product for 2 packs of coils. Sorry, a bit manic today. I'll stop.

VU Sponsors