Become a Patron!

Geekvape Zeus Dual vs. Zeus X?

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I've tried an Augvape Intake Dual and Geekvape Zeus Dual.

The Intake Dual supplied phenomenal flavour, but the airflow was a bit more restrictive than I like.

The Zeus Dual has plenty of airflow, but I've found wicking it to be tricky. A little >< too much or a little >< too little, or too much wick in the wells, and it'll dry-hit or burn. I think I've finally got it down, but, still: I'd like something in a top-flow RTA that's a bit less fidgety.

Which brings me to the Zeus X. What I'm reading suggests it produces a more flavourful vape than the Dual and is less fidgety wrt wicking.

What say y'all?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Zeus x is a pain to build. Just kinda have to stuff the cotton in their

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I only own 4 rta's..all zeux x's. I've had others but the top airflow I like a lot with the right build produces great clouds and great flavor..ss not pictured
96d65b0cfbd873023279572957e3826c.jpg
8dc13edfbfcce2edeb9fdb85953b163c.jpg
ceb6a324cdf577144431cffa979a046b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I only own 4 rta's..all zeux x's. I've had others but the top airflow I like a lot with the right build produces great clouds and great flavor..ss not pictured
96d65b0cfbd873023279572957e3826c.jpg
8dc13edfbfcce2edeb9fdb85953b163c.jpg
ceb6a324cdf577144431cffa979a046b.jpg
We were typing at the same time. I have one and I like it alot. Like @MrMeowgi says though. You have to jam cotton in the ports or it will spit and gurgle and if you get too much cotton in the ports it'll dry hit. Get it right and it's great.

This fella was specifically looking for easy wicking :cool:

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We were typing at the same time. I have one and I like it alot. Like @MrMeowgi says though. You have to jam cotton in the ports or it will spit and gurgle and if you get too much cotton in the ports it'll dry hit. Get it right and it's great.

This fella was specifically looking for easy wicking :cool:
I dobt feel any rta is easy wicking.. but that's me. What do i know?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
So nobody's owned both the Zeus Dual and Zeus X and can tell me if one is any more forgiving of wicking than the other?

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have them both, but use the X now.
You know, I'm REAL bad at wicking, but the X is one that I don't really pay attention to, just coil, mount, cut cotton, poke it in the wells, vape.
Mind you, I'm no cloud king. I vape unflavored and 5 flavor 12mg 65VG/35PG DIY juice @ 400-410F which usually needs about 20-25W to provide.

No idea if it gets dry hits at high wattage. No idea what the spit and gurgle is, mine just provide a smooth nice vape days after day, month after month. So much so that I have laid in a supply of them for the future.

You know they have a mesh X out now. I'm looking to get a deck only as they are interchangeable with the original X deck.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Thanks for the info, @ShowerHead. I'd already gone ahead and placed an order for an X. I guess I'll find out.

So you're using yours in TC. I have some 26 ga. and 28 ga. SS 316L I've never tried. Maybe I should look into finally giving that a go.

Grandpa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So nobody's owned both the Zeus Dual and Zeus X and can tell me if one is any more forgiving of wicking than the other?
I've got both and I prefer the Zeus Dual. It's a good reliable tank. The X is just too finicky, and I never have got it dialed in. Leaky bastard. I've got 2 of them and one of them is still in the sealed box. Too bad because I've got 5 or 6 Geek Vape tanks and always had good luck with them until the X.

Honestly, I haven't used anything but my Steam Crave RDTA's for the last 6 months. They just work every time I use them.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
So I bought the Zeus X. Built it. Seemed a bit easier than the Zeus Dual. So I rebuilt the Zeus Dual again to freshen my memory. In my view it's basically a toss-up. I'd give a slight edge to the X over the Dual, but only slight. Vaping-wise: The same: A slight edge to the X.

I bought two additional Zeus X' :)

The trick, with both RTAs, is getting the wicking just right. Particularly in the juice wells. Too much cotton in the juice wells, either too bulky or too far into the wells, and they won't wick well. Too little and the deck will flood.

For me the process that has become pretty much sure-fire is to comb-out the wicking, give it a haircut, then tease the cotton into the wells. If there isn't a bit of wiggle room in the wells--meaning the wells are filled, but the cotton fairly easily moves if given a push with the tweezers from either side, then it's too tight. It's ok to be able to just see the cotton sticking out beneath the wells, but if you can clearly see it sticking down there, it's too long.

Now that I've discovered the "joys" of temp. control, wicking the Zeus' is a bit more forgiving. If I get the wicking slightly wrong it'll still vape "acceptably," w/o burning the cotton. Using power mode, and getting it a bit too wrong, can easily result in fried wicking. And, as we all know, once it's burned, even a little, it'll never be quite right again.

I put "joys" (of TC) in quotes because it's been a bit of a learning experience
lol.gif

VU Sponsors