Become a Patron!

General MTL questions.

Hello.

Although I've been vaping for a little over 2 years, I find myself a little frustrated.

After year one, I switched to nic salts and pod systems. I felt the salts killed my cigarette cravings a lot faster and better. And I really like the mtl style hits.

I used the Smok Nord for a long time, but I felt like I wanted more vapor from each hit. So I would tend to hold the button down for a long time. And I would tend to burn through coils very fast.

A few months ago I switched to the voopoo drag S with a 1.0 coil. But now I find some of the juices tear my throat out and forces me to hit it direct lung style. Not to mention, there is only one juice that I found smooth enough to hit mtl. Which is boring. And I find I've spend a lot of money on different systems, mods, tanks, different coils and I'm getting a little fed up.

I would just like a mtl device where I don't have to hold the button for 20 seconds to get a "larger" hit. Any suggestions on what I should be using?

Thanks.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Sounds to me like you're looking for a restricted DTL vape. You're only going to get so much vapor from MTL equipment because the airflow paths are so restricted.

Juice tearing your throat up is just too much nicotine (or freebase instead of salts) and possibly too much PG at the wattage you're using.

Sounds to me like you're looking for a restricted DTL vape. You're only going to get so much vapor from MTL equipment because the airflow paths are so restricted.

Juice tearing your throat up is just too much nicotine (or freebase instead of salts) and possibly too much PG at the wattage you're using.
I see.

I was thinking because some MTL equipment has adjustable wattage, that maybe I could find one with a high vapor output.

I'm still a little new to this. The vape shops here in town don't seem to have very many answers. Instead, they just seem to push another device on me, and I'm on my 12th device. That was a little more money spent then I had planned when I first started. Not to mention all the different types of coils and tanks I've bought.

I'll try a lower nic level then. Thank you very much!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Of all the devices I have (and it's a bunch) what I think you might like is the Nautilus GT tank with the 0.7 ohm coils. Good flavor, good vapor, but you'd have to lower your nic level to probably 9mg or lower. Run it at about 25 watts and it's nice as it can be. Just better stock up on coils, because in about two weeks you aren't going to be able to order them online any more.

One thing about that Nautilus - it uses one of the most widely available coils on the PLANET. You could use the 0.4 ohm Nautilus, 0.7 ohm Nautilus, 1.2 ohm Triton Mini, 1.8 ohm Triton Mini, 1.6 Nautilus. or 1.8 ohm Nautilus. So chances are, you'd be able to find SOME kind of coils in a vape shop, even after the mail ban goes into effect. You'd just end up paying more for them.

VU Sponsors