Become a Patron!

Giving up on budget juice.

Osbornebrandon53

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm seriously about to give up on budget juice... I have tried multiple. There are dome cheaper options I like, but they aren't budget lines. I got verde valley vapes.. which are okay. I gotta vape em a little more yet and km gonna let them steep even though they are supposed to be pre steeped but I'm gonna let them sit anyway.. just got 190 MLS from them.. got swagg sauce.. which is ok.. vapewild...ehhh. tried vapejoose, they were horrible. I just don't know. All the juice budget juices are either muted, or flavor doesn't match description or they are just unvapable..idk can anyone change my mind?

Superjeep

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The flavor never matches the description. Even DIY flavors which I use to make my own juice you get people making reviews saying how "OMG its like I am vaping a fresh, ripe and sweet but not candy like(insert fruit here)" or whatever the flavor is. I browse reviews but anymore I either ignore them or take them with a giant vat of salt. I dont know if people just lie or they just have shit taste buds but you could juice and bottle a camels dirty asshole and put a sticker on the bottle and call it "Jims chocolate cake" and 9 of the 10 reviews will be people saying how it tastes like they are actually eating a fresh chocolate cake and they always throw in the "notes" they are picking up like a fucking wine snob.

Now to be fair taste is subjective so people taste different things but jesus some of the shit people spout about some of these juices. I can tell you though it usually take me 10-12 tries of different flavors before I find one I actually really like or a "all day vape" so its just trial and error. You might try some Tmaxx and Yealiq as both of those if I remember right offer boosters to flavors to make them stronger as well as being affordable and well regarded. If you just recently quit smoking it does take a while to get your taste buds back. Took me close to a year really. Good luck and hang in there.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What kind of set up are you using? A lot of the juices today are meant to be vaped at higher wattages and temps. I still use my STM but to compare it flavor wise to my Avocado or Boreas would be ridiculous.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm seriously about to give up on budget juice... I have tried multiple. There are dome cheaper options I like, but they aren't budget lines. I got verde valley vapes.. which are okay. I gotta vape em a little more yet and km gonna let them steep even though they are supposed to be pre steeped but I'm gonna let them sit anyway.. just got 190 MLS from them.. got swagg sauce.. which is ok.. vapewild...ehhh. tried vapejoose, they were horrible. I just don't know. All the juice budget juices are either muted, or flavor doesn't match description or they are just unvapable..idk can anyone change my mind?
nope...I think you nailed it....most e-juice is absolute shit and not worth the money at whatever the price....either pay big bucks for juice or learn how to DIY.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Try Swagger, Maddcatt CODE: VULIVE15 = 15% off, or TMaxx's No Frills Mls

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My two favorite "budget juices" would be ITC & Verde Valley Vapes & I've tried a lot of them over the last few years.

Mjfranci

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have ordered 3 times from Beyond The Bottlez, a budget line.
Their Banana and their Strawberry flavors have made for many a happy vaping session.
Sizes 30ml and up, good prices (use the discount code on their website for sharing on Twitter).

The 3rd time and largest order, the juices came weak and a bit wonky, like a budget juice. But I'll revert to buying 120mls and try them again, as I absolutely enjoyed those two flavors twice before. Try them out; maybe you'll like them.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hilarious
The flavor never matches the description. Even DIY flavors which I use to make my own juice you get people making reviews saying how "OMG its like I am vaping a fresh, ripe and sweet but not candy like(insert fruit here)" or whatever the flavor is. I browse reviews but anymore I either ignore them or take them with a giant vat of salt. I dont know if people just lie or they just have shit taste buds but you could juice and bottle a camels dirty asshole and put a sticker on the bottle and call it "Jims chocolate cake" and 9 of the 10 reviews will be people saying how it tastes like they are actually eating a fresh chocolate cake and they always throw in the "notes" they are picking up like a fucking wine snob.

Now to be fair taste is subjective so people taste different things but jesus some of the shit people spout about some of these juices. I can tell you though it usually take me 10-12 tries of different flavors before I find one I actually really like or a "all day vape" so its just trial and error. You might try some Tmaxx and Yealiq as both of those if I remember right offer boosters to flavors to make them stronger as well as being affordable and well regarded. If you just recently quit smoking it does take a while to get your taste buds back. Took me close to a year really. Good luck and hang in there.[/QUOTE

Now to be fair taste is subjective so people taste different things but jesus some of the shit people spout about some of these juices. I can tell you though it usually take me 10-12 tries of different flavors before I find one I actually really like or a "all day vape" so its just trial and error. You might try some Tmaxx and Yealiq as both of those if I remember right offer boosters to flavors to make them stronger as well as being affordable and well regarded. If you just recently quit smoking it does take a while to get your taste buds back. Took me close to a year really. Good luck and hang in there.
Hilarious :giggle:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

There have only been 2-3 commercial ejuices that I've really liked, since I started vaping over 2 yrs ago. I got sick of being disappointed and started making my own, the way *I* like it! Strong! (30% flavoring!) Sweet! (2.5% sweetener!) high-PG! (85%). And I LOVE my vape.

If you're tired of throwing good money at mediocre ejuice, invest a little bit into DIY supplies -- small quantities to start, so it doesn't cost too much. There are TONS of great recipes on VU, and lots of people who'll be glad to assist. give it a shot; it saves a TON!!!!!!!!!! of money, and provides you with a really great vape tailored to YOUR tastes and no one elses.

Andria

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
There are a few that I do like, and still order on occasion, TMAXX, and Doodlebugs. But by and large, I don't do commercial juice now that I DIY.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The only ejuice that i still buy -- though I do fiddle with it a bit with some additional flavoring and sweetener -- is sweet-vapes.com's Blueberry Muffin. It's not discount, more like mid-range pricing; $16.95/30ml, $19.95 with shipping, regular USPS. It's damn good though, and they let you customize your PG/VG ratio. I never ever buy any ejuice that doesn't allow that PG/VG customization.

Andria

BAM54321

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have tried Mech Sauce, V3 and a few other budget oriented juices and some have been pretty decent (V3's Honey Milk and some of the dessert types from Mech) but for the most part they do lag behind most of the premium brands that are out there. IMO It usually comes down to the depth of the flavor- budgets taste like the flavor is on top of the juice whereas premiums taste like the flavor is throughout the juice. Steeping helps but it is what it is. I still mix it up but find myself turning more towards mid-grades that outperform- like Charlie Noble.

ThatFrigginBlondeGirl

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I agree with the OP 100% as I am pretty much in the same boat. I am scared to even attempt any more budget lines. Tmaxx was a little throat harsh for me, Plume Juice was just.. chemically and gross. For now, I am happy to just buy from Ejuice Direct as the Loaded is cheaper than anywhere else and they have the Flawless juices that I like at $19 for a 60ml. I thought about getting one of those Eliquidy bottles of Vanilla Custard from Eciggity, but with budget being so inconsistent, I am scared to try.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Took me a year and a half to begin DIY, couldn't be happier....its cheap as hell and the juice tastes delicious, especially when using other folks tried-proven recipes.

I've spent thousands of dollars chasing the dragon for good juice, regardless of the cost,

DIY tops um all.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I agree with the OP 100% as I am pretty much in the same boat. I am scared to even attempt any more budget lines. Tmaxx was a little throat harsh for me, Plume Juice was just.. chemically and gross. For now, I am happy to just buy from Ejuice Direct as the Loaded is cheaper than anywhere else and they have the Flawless juices that I like at $19 for a 60ml. I thought about getting one of those Eliquidy bottles of Vanilla Custard from Eciggity, but with budget being so inconsistent, I am scared to try.
I'm curious what pg/vg you got the Tmaxx in... I've never heard anyone say that about our juice?

ThatFrigginBlondeGirl

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
DIY tops um all.[/QUOT[/QUOTE]
I'm curious what pg/vg you got the Tmaxx in... I've never heard anyone say that about our juice?

It was 70/30 I believe, or whatever the highest vg was, is what I got. The Tmaxx flavors were great, on point. I just found them to hurty on my throat. This could be just me as I have this with alot of juices. Heck, I am using BFB by Flawless right now which also hurts my throat. My hubby had no such problem, so it is probably just me.

Osbornebrandon53

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey guys thanks for all the input. I have since got another budget juice which claims to be premium. Vapor related is the name. Once again I was dissaponted. I'm not bashing on swagg sauce or verde valley vapes cause they are the best budget juices. And is good to have if you wanna vape a lot. But I'd rather vape premium. So I have just been mixing my inventory. I'm nit sure about the diy.. I'm not sure how to get started and just haven't pulled the trigger. But here is my review on swagg sauce if you want my real thoughts on them

Also there is one juice I found that isn't budget but it is 25 bucks for 120mls and it's called bigfindeal by ace of vapes but they only have 4 flavors but are still very good. I also did a review on this cause I feel more ppl shoukd know about it and try this stuff

But thanks again for the input. Still open to suggestions for the budget option.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know if they'd suffice as all day vape's or anything, taste is a bit subjective. However check out vapemoar.

http://www.vapemoar.com/

Not a huge variety but I've tried vapewild, vvv, vaperite, mbv, halo and v2. I like some flavors of each (except maybe vaperite, that stuff is pretty rough in a robitussin sort of way). The flavors from vapemoar are pretty full flavored and taste fairly accurate to me. I'm not a huge fan of their mellow gold (tobacco) or the vanilla bean unless it's added to something else. If you like berry flavors, check their berry bomb. I went with the super sampler and most are pretty solid flavors like their summer sweetie and prince pucker. The cool customer tastes like choc mint ice cream to me. If you find one you like, it's $20 for 132ml, not too bad priced. Worth a shot maybe.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've yet to find a premade juice that makes me go, "OMG That's good!!". Some are pretty good, some aren't any better than the stuff from Dekang, and some (imho) are actually worse. That's why I started DIY, because even *I* can do a basic strawberry, watermelon, etc. juice and mine will come out as good, if not better than, what the local shops are mixing up, since I'll mix it to my preference -- e.g. for a basic strawberry I'll use a minimum of 3 ingredients, changing it up some from time to time, whereas the local shops just use TFA strawberry. Plus I can do more complicated ones if I want -- with the help of various recipes that are floating around, HIC's pointers, HIC's recipes that I've bought, etc.

As for premixed flavorings, I have found some that make me go, "YUM!". Those would mainly be ones sold by MamaJ's.

AdmiralTrey

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've had some mixed results with budget places like Mt. Baker, Verde Valley, and Vape Wild... I've had juices from all three that are great but I've also gotten some that are really bland or meh. I've gotten Banana Cream Pie from VVV and been absolutely amazed and blown away and then got a 120ML bottle of Banana Cream that was either contaminated or really messed up because it was unvapeable... Some of Mech Sauces juices are amazing and some are just OK.

I'm on my second order from MadCow Vapors and so far they've been great. I got four 120 ML's my first order and all four (Zombie, Z-N51, Sweet Tooth, and Devil's Cut) were very flavorful and good. Devil's Cut, like most cinnamon flavors, can destroy your taste buds though... I'll start on my next three 120 ML's from them this week and hopefully they'll all be good also.

When it comes to budget juices I don't think we can expect perfection or even consistent greatness. When you can get 120 ML for under $10 compared to paying $20+ for 30 ML of "premium" juices you have to accept that the quality might not be as consistent.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I am on my second order from MadCow Vapors too- very good flavor, I got 2 120mls Sweet Tooth and Devils Drip- I reordered 3 more bottles of Devils Drip, wow that is so good, just like a Fireball without the heat! Love it. I have so many fruit vapes that this one is a nice change, and at $9.99 a bottle and free shipping, very happy I tried them out. I ordered mine in 3nic and 60vg/40pg flavor chaser.
I have spent so much money on unvapeable premium ejuice, either too harsh, chemical or perfumey ,people raved about these and at $17.00 a 30 ml bottle that never tasted better over time, but I know taste is subjective, but still to dump it out after a few months, such a waste.
Another cheap eliquid that I stocked up on is Pack Juice- Vape Super Saver is closing its online shop and have tried and liked so many of these like Peachy Cream,Cinnamon Roll, Blueberry Cotton Candy and Sugar Cookie, too bad I won't be able to buy them any more- so MadCow came along at a good time for me!

I'm leery of going with an online budget line. My normal is either TimeBomb (TNT, TNT Ice, Fuse & Pixy), Cutwood (Unicorn Milk or Cookie Drizzle) or Space Jam (almost all of them). I've got a pretty expensive palette. Anyway, I digress. I was at my local vape shop and they got a new line in, "Naked'. They have about 5 flavors that my shop carries. Here's the best part. 27.99/60ml. I think that's a fantastic deal for an upscale vape shop. The flavor is really good. It doesn't taste cheap at all.

Randy Mullins

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Best budget juice is switching to DIY. Saves alot of money after your first order to get started

ThatFrigginBlondeGirl

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I actually decided to try V3 after my initial reply agreeing that I had not found a budget juice either. It just got here Saturday, and it is very light and needs some good steep time. I am actually really happy I tried them out as the nic is pleasantly smooth and no weird aftertaste. I almost can't wait for them to steep because I keep getting into the Vanilla Custard and using it ☺ If I buy budget, it is going to be VVV.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm leery of going with an online budget line. My normal is either TimeBomb (TNT, TNT Ice, Fuse & Pixy), Cutwood (Unicorn Milk or Cookie Drizzle) or Space Jam (almost all of them). I've got a pretty expensive palette. Anyway, I digress. I was at my local vape shop and they got a new line in, "Naked'. They have about 5 flavors that my shop carries. Here's the best part. 27.99/60ml. I think that's a fantastic deal for an upscale vape shop. The flavor is really good. It doesn't taste cheap at all.
I enjoy the Naked e-jooce too....very tasty....!

I've been through various budget juices and they are just that, budget. Flavour was majorly skimped on. I've been referred by a friend recently to a company called bifrost brew. Www.bifrostbrew.co.uk and ordered strawberry milkshake and rhubarb and custard. I've found my edv that I can afford to buy again and again. I reckon he's putting 15 - 20% flavour in to get it to what it is. I reckon you'd change your opinion on budget juice if you tried it. ;) _20160726_201421.JPG

VU Sponsors