Become a Patron!

Grub screws stuck too low, need help (CoilArt)

Frosty

Member For 1 Year
Hey guys!
A friend of mine recently bought CoilArt mage mech. I'd really like to hear advice from some of you who actually own the product, but I'd be glad if anyone could help.
Before I begin I'll just say it's genuine, brand new and wasn't touched until we unpacked it. I also apologize for the long post.

I understand that grub screws can someone be a pain to remove, but this is a bit different. We've tried using the original tool and everything I could find in my house to unscrew these things, but it just didn't work. I soon noticed something else is causing this.
This isn't the case where it's just screwed too tight. It's as if somebody took a hammer and smashed the little thing into place. It's way lower than it should have been. I'd have to lift it up a bit for it to actually be able to rotate (but didn't manage to do that either). After hours of trying, nothing really happened. Only one of them could be removed properly.

Have any of you had a similar issue? I've found very little information on this product, it's usually just amazing reviews.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Could be manufacturing defect. If thats what it seems like it likely is. A picture would be worth a thousand words.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Welcome to VU by the way.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome @Frosty and I hope you enjoy your stay~!

If the screws are too far and out of the threads possibly sticking a pointed tool to lift it before trying to catch the threads might help. I do not own one but am very mechanically inclined. Good Luck

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Forgot to edit. We took it to our local vape shop, they gifted us a screwdriver when they saw what we're dealing with. Works well now!

I guess they just made a new customer~!

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Forgot to edit. We took it to our local vape shop, they gifted us a screwdriver when they saw what we're dealing with. Works well now!

Endings that end in vaping now are always happy.

VU Sponsors