Become a Patron!

HAD IT WITH FASTTECH! Post your horror here~

Tonemofo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You just can't make this up??
I am done with fasttech! This is just my latest issue, but there are plenty.
I order a mod about a month ago hold on I'm losing track of time at this point, make that three months ago. So it comes I think I got a great deal , But two days later the mod stops working. First they ask for pictures, then they asked for a video posted on YouTube to prove that I am telling the truth. They then tell me I have to send it back to China, to this I explode and find out that there are other locations in the United States you can ship it to. I do this and have to wait for them to receive the mod to further investigate whether or not it is defective (forensic team?) . Anyway they finally do so and at that point they ship me a new one from China… LOL. So another month goes by and I get my new mod or I should say what I thought was going to be my new mod and when I open the box it's damaged. It has gouges in the chrome and the fire button does not work at all. So basically I'm back where I started from....here comes the copy and paste.....they ask me the same questions and for the same pictures and for the same video in the same ticket that I originally opened to replace the mod!!?? This isn't the first time I had a similar situation but it will be the last.....JOIN ME IN BANNING FASTTECH.....PLEASE, It's amazing that Joe even gives them any play with all the issues and junk they sell. BUY CHINESE BUT DO IT FROM AMERICAN SITES...LOL

yamooo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Which mod was it?

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just stick to buying atty's and tanks from them. No problems yet, fingers crossed. Sorry to here your troubles with them, hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction. Though I think that train has left the station already.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Still waiting for my package to arrive that I paid for on the 27th of June....Order wasnt processed out for 10 days then was split then shipping changed to surface on me then finally processed....It sat in port until July 20th and 25th(second part of package) and been waiting since....This was the only impression I needed to not make another $200+ purchase from them.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I only buy little things from them..no devices except a mech mod one time...i certainly dont buy anything i would worry over price wise if it didnt work...Personally ive had no issues with them...everything but a set of magnets i bought for a nemesis which had a couple of them broken out of a set of 10, has been in working order....for less than $2.00 i didnt care about a couple of magnets.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I buy small things from them also. I just had a package that got to me in 5 days with some coils - that has to be a record!

Sorry you're getting the runaround with them.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't buy shit from them or gearbest I had the same situations with both sites. I will never buy anything small or big from them :)

yamooo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Still waiting for my package to arrive that I paid for on the 27th of June....Order wasnt processed out for 10 days then was split then shipping changed to surface on me then finally processed....It sat in port until July 20th and 25th(second part of package) and been waiting since....This was the only impression I needed to not make another $200+ purchase from them.

I have a feeling that you did not do your research before ordering.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have a feeling that you did not do your research before ordering.
What research should I have done? I placed a order (everything was in stock) and chose epacket shipping method, what research would of made a difference here?

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviews from ordering with fasttech. You would have seen the horror stories people have written.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Reviews from ordering with fasttech. You would have seen the horror stories people have written.
Yea but there are stories from every online shop like that...Some are true and some are rival companies and/or hateful/loyal customers from other shops/ I try not to read into other peoples reviews much because I probably wouldn't ever find a place to buy anything. I understand that there are mishaps online and its a roll of the dice when ever you order from anywhere, Fast-tech is just one that I wont be ordering from again myself.
On the flip side there a very many positive reviews and posts about Fast-Tech online, this is what led me to order from them.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes that is definitely true. Some folks rave on the service with fasttech and others loath it. I myself am the one that hates it. I mean come on 3 months to get a product? I understand it's overseas and depending on what you get it can be held at customs before leaving....but still! If I ordered a product I would at least expect it within a week or 2. That's my grace period before I become livid lol. So I learned my lesson with them. I'll pay the extra 10 or 20 dollars in country and get the product within 3-5 days as opposed to 3-5 months lol.

yamooo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Gotta make sure that you are only ordering items which are either "Ships Next Day" or "In Stock". Everything else is basically pre-order which can show up whenever. Never had a problem following this golden rule. The silver rules is to read reviews/discussions and only order items with >4 star ratings.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've ordered a hundred things from fasttech and so far I've had good luck. I never buy things unless someone else did and reviewed it on the site

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Jake2030

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have had pretty good luck with fasttech. I don't buy higher dollar items from them though. Knowing if it is bad it is not worth trying to correct it. In my experience fasttech is way ahead of gearbest.

tchthsky

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My first order from Fasttech and it's been two weeks and still not shipped. I got everything in stock. I don't think I'm interested in them after this.

Jake2030

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you want a better opinion of fasttech, order from gearbest. After ordering from gearbest you will like fastech better. I ordered something from gearbest 3 months ago. I write them from time to time. They just tell me it is on the way. It was shipped 6 weeks ago. I figure it is a bust. Thought about contacting Paypal just for the principal of it and see if I can get my money back.

tchthsky

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That sucks, man. I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sure they enjoy hearing from you, though. I didn't order that much, anyway - it was dirt cheap junk, except for a cheap tank.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I've got to agree that ordering from GearBest makes FastTech look great.

And yes, some like FT and some don't. I've ordered from them for years (although, as with most others, apparently, high-dollar mods come from stateside vendors. That said, they have really stepped up both customer service and delivery time over the past year or so. I s'pose that improvement is lost on those who didn't try them in 2013 but it's really much better now. Most of my orders come in a week or 10 days when I'm careful to order in-stock items.

Just my two bitcoins ....

Edit for those still willing to take a chance on them. It's rare that they have a discount code but currently RMBBUST will save about 5% on 'most everything.

tchthsky

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just got a notification from Fasttech - it shipped! Only took two weeks. I'll heed the warning for gearbest.

Jake2030

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just wanted to do an update. I just received my order from Gearbest. I had written it off as a lost. It only took about 3 months.

tchthsky

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just wanted to do an update. I just received my order from Gearbest. I had written it off as a lost. It only took about 3 months.

If you go to their site, under About, they do admit "WE ARE TRYING OUT BEST TO MAKE YOU HAPPY"... I'm guess they gave your order 110% :confused:

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered and just received(5 weeks later) 5 100ml dropper bottles https://www.fasttech.com/products/2081400.
I got 4 bottles and 2 dropper tops. They asked me to send a photo of what I did not get.:confused: The order before that went from "ships in 5 days" to "restocking" for over a month. I just ordered a "in stock" authentic Billow V2($25.52 after coupon) and it did ship the next day. I will only order in stock items from now on unless it's something cheap and can probably live without, and rarely spend over $30 per order. Fasttech is like a bad relationship with a really hot chick.;) 5% Coupon Code : RMBBUST

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What research should I have done? I placed a order (everything was in stock) and chose epacket shipping method, what research would of made a difference here?
As a general rule I never order directly from China ..you could have researched it a little more and would've known better...your just a small fish in a very big pond over there..they don't really care how long it takes to process your order, let alone ship it...and your cc is easier to be hacked...live and learn, just sayin..

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

tchthsky

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
"cc is easier to be hacked" ugh. You're probably right. Are there any retailers in the U.S. that have something close to the selection and prices Fasttech offers?

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I usually Google my desired item for the lowest price from a vendor in the USA... prices vary but its better to pay a little extra and have my item delivered in a few days than not getting it at all..

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I usually Google my desired item for the lowest price from a vendor in the USA... prices vary but its better to pay a little extra and have my item delivered in a few days than not getting it at all..

I always do the same, but the authentic Billow V2 is $25 at FT and $35-40 here in the States. The next best price was Ebay $27.+, but looking at the pic's I was skeptical regarding authenticity. I research the living hell out of anything I'm spending my hard earned money on. For me saving $10= 200ft of Kanthal or 2 18650s or gas or food or............

Jake2030

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When I order from fastech I use paypal. I figure that gives me more protection. If that doesn't work I can always fall back on Amerian express. Never had to pay for anything unless I authorized it from American express,

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I order from fastech I use paypal. I figure that gives me more protection. If that doesn't work I can always fall back on Amerian express. Never had to pay for anything unless I authorized it from American express,
+1 for Paypal

ForrestGump

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Love fast tech!!!!!! The greatest store on the net for vaping

Jake2030

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Some people may not realize the options on shipping. I just ordered some spare lemo glass tanks. I ordered 5 tanks for 3 dollars and some odd cents. I updated shipping to USPS which I think was a dollar more, then I opted to put it in a box, as I thought the glass tanks might be better protected in a box. Total was 6 dollars and a few cents. Even with the updated shipping and better box, still a deal for 5 glass tanks.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well FT has redeemed themselves. Here is the response to my ticket. I chose a store credit.

"Sorry about your issue. We have checked that we have made a mistake for that. Would you like us to resend or refund for the missing one?

If you choose resending, would you mind us to add the replacement in your next order with us if possible?

You simply need to post your new order number here and we will add it manually.

If you choose refund, would you like your refund back to paypal or to store credit? Store credit is a gift certificate code and it's good as cash. Simply enter it in step 3 of checkout. There is a gift certificate link right above the "Place Order" button. You can use it to pay your new orders with us.

Please let us know and we will arrange accordingly, thanks."

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Fasttech is like a bad relationship with a really hot chick.;) 5% Coupon Code : RMBBUST

Great analogy, @Squonk!

'Glad to hear about your positive experience with Customer Service, which ain't bad considering, well, y'know, China. I went to the mat over a defective as they insisted I return it. I argued (politely and diplomatically) until the CS rep stated "The best we can do is replace the item" at which point I gushed thanks and compliments (knowing the rep was still thinking I'd return the defective). At that point, she relented, including the replacement in a pending order which will arrive this Thursday. Yeah, occasionally a bit problematic but still a hot chick. <G>

tchthsky

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
since you guys have so much insight to Fasttech, can you tell me if the reason why my USPS tracking number does not exist is because it hasn't hit the U.S., yet? I would think there'd be tracking from China to the states, but I don't know... don't order much overseas.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
since you guys have so much insight to Fasttech, can you tell me if the reason why my USPS tracking number does not exist is because it hasn't hit the U.S., yet? I would think there'd be tracking from China to the states, but I don't know... don't order much overseas.
You just have to be patient. Sometimes it won't read till it actually leaves China. Other times it won't read till it hits the States. Sometimes it can take close to a week before China hands it over to USPS. If it shows shipped, it's shipped. Mine says the same thing on my latest order(shipped 9/18).

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What's a tracking number?

Seriously, tracking usually shows it when it's accepted in China, than again when it's processed in Shenzhen and not again until it hits LA. That's where my latest package is now so it should appear in my Oregon mailbox in ~two days.

ETA: shipped Sept. 16th.

tchthsky

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I checked it just after reading your post and sure enough, it's in SHENZHEN EMS, CHINA lol.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've ordered a ton of stuff from FT. Providing it's in stock I've always had it within two weeks. It does appear to sit in China for a while, but then it magically appears in San Francisco!

My last order arrived in a week - that was a record.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine comes into NY then to Fla. It usually takes 4 days once it shows SHENZHEN to NY. Then sometimes up to a week from NY to Fla. I can't wait to try my new Billow V2.

Ramsay Bolton

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Glad you received your stuff!.

Been waiting 48 days for my Youde wire order from GB. No way I'm waiting another 42 days. F that!.

My low $ FT orders with Free Shipping/No Tracing usually arrive in 2 weeks or so.

-

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I omitted (or just forgot) above that I did order once from GB.

Once was plenty.

tchthsky

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My order finally arrived in NY. Almost a month lol. I might just have it by the end of the week.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My order finally arrived in NY. Almost a month lol. I might just have it by the end of the week.
Mine took longer than usual as well. Shipped on 9/23 and just hit NY yesterday. I have a feeling the Chinese holiday might of had something to do with it. There must be so much stuff coming out of China that they might prioritize what to send out first. Usually it only takes 4 days to NY once I receive USPS shipping notice.

tchthsky

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Finally got mine today. Ordered September 8 and received October 8, exactly one month. Love the Orchid.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Is anyone else amused at the turn this thread has taken?

To paraphrase ol' Bill, "I come to praise Fasttech, not to bury it."

I order from FT, oh, once a month or so. There's always a collection from the New Arrivals, a few of which (I think) I must have. Latest order placed three days ago, shipped two days ago should arrive here (Oregon) in the coming week. But my opinion of GB is with the majority: never again.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FT is 50% owned and operated by the Communist Chinese Government as is the norm in China. My personal opinion, I will not support the Chinese government. I keep the greenbacks in the USA.
Trust me. Your dollars are getting to them. If it's made in China. Either you pay the middleman who gets it from China or you cut him out and buy it from China yourself. All we are doing is exporting our pollution to them and in turn they sell and produce cheap stuff to us. Any way, I just got my authentic Billow V2 in today from FT(#'s check out) and I'm loving this RTA.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors