Become a Patron!

Halo Fusion to make a DIY Kringle’s Curse?

I’ve been vaping Kringle’s Curse exclusively since it was released back in 2014-15 and have finally exhausted my stockpile that I purchased when Halo discontinued it. Knowing I was near the end of my KC, I’ve purchased a few peppermint juices, like “Mints” brand, but they are no where close to KC in flavor. There is a sweetness to other brands peppermint juices that I can’t stand. So I’ve been wondering about DIY’ing Kringle’s Curse. The problem is I worry that buying a bunch of different ingredients will still not get me close to Halo but I wondered if using Halo’s Fusion e-liquid as a base would be the best foundation to start with? If you think this would work, what other ingredients do you recommend that I purchase to add to make Kringle’s Curse? I live in the US if that helps determine the best place to order the other ingredients from. Thanks!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hello!

I’ve never tried Kringles Curse or @HeadInClouds version, but give it a try? FW are pretty cheap flavorings, so not terrible for your wallet. And that base should do fine, I think?

Thanks. I found that HIC post prior to signing up and posting but got a little lost in the different ingredients and updates to the recipe. Very good to hear tho that Fusion might cover my PG, VG and nic in one base but what would be the current recommended ingredients to add to it?

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks. I found that HIC post prior to signing up and posting but got a little lost in the different ingredients and updates to the recipe. Very good to hear tho that Fusion might cover my PG, VG and nic in one base but what would be the current recommended ingredients to add to it?
So it looks like 10% Flavor West Candy Cane and 1 drop of Koolada(per 5 ml of liquid) is the OG recipe. You might be able to use WS-23 or FA Polar Blast instead for the coolant. The recipe seemed to get mostly favorable reviews, but taste is subjective!

Great! What is the best/most trusted source for these flavors? Also, if I’m using Halo’s Fusion as the base, what other tools (bottles, droppers, etc) would be necessary? I’d like to be able to buy everything from one site if possible.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I can not vouch mine is a clone of what you are looking for.. but if you ever want to experiment with good flavors.. you can tinker with my recipe here:

Smoky Blue's Candy Cane : https://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/2034688/Smoky Blue's Candy Cane

0.20% Cool Menthol (Flavorah)
0.20% Cotton Candy (Flavorah)
0.12% Ice (Flavorah)
0.40% Peppermint (Flavorah)
0.20% Smooth Vanilla (Flavorah)
0.20% Spearmint (Flavorah)

Flavor total: 1.32%
Remember to rate it at: http://tjek.nu/r/hdQ

as far as shops.. I pick things up from anywhere.. dollar store, walmart, ebay and amazon.
I do buy my flavors direct from the manufacture and I only use Flavorah flavors.. so not sure how much help I can be :)

PS I C U @5150sick :p

Hope you are doing alright.. busy here.. will be moving between now and Christmas?? a few states up north..

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Great! What is the best/most trusted source for these flavors? Also, if I’m using Halo’s Fusion as the base, what other tools (bottles, droppers, etc) would be necessary? I’d like to be able to buy everything from one site if possible.
I get 85% of my flavors from Bull City Flavors. They’re suuuuuper fast and active here, so if you have problems, they’ll get back quick. The flavors come in dropper bottles, so no worries there. I think BCF has bottles, too? I’m not sure….I usually get my bottles from Amazon(yay Prime!).

Now…..measuring.….you’re gonna need some way to measure the flavoring into the base. You can use syringes, pipettes or a scale. IMO, the scale is the way to go. No plastic waste, no clean up. Yes, a bigger initial money out lay, but worth it. You can use any digital scale that runs to 0.01.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Great! What is the best/most trusted source for these flavors?
For flavors my favorite site is https://www.bullcityflavors.com use the code VU6 at checkout to get 6% off. They carry most of the major flavor vendors.

$15 for a 30ml bottle of nic base is a ripoff because that's all Halo fusion is. You can get a gallon of PG and a gallon of PG on Amazon as well as bottles. You can also get a digital scale on Amazon, just make sure it measures to 0.01 grams. Mixing by weight is so much easier than dealing with syringes.

Nicotine is a little harder. Somebody mentioned Vaping Zone still shipping nicotine. Someone else mentioned CarolinaXtracts is still shipping, just don't mention vaping when ordering. Another place to try is www.nicbase.com. Not sure of the quality there. If you are able to order get at least a liter of 100mg in PG since Halo has always been very high in PG.

Input the recipe you decide to use into e-liquid-recipes.com to get the correct measurement to mix.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Another spot that I have a feeling will ship nic everywhere is HiLiq.
It may take a little longer because it's coming from China.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What nic strength do you use (3mg, 6mg, 12mg...)?
That is a super simple recipe... should be easy to mix.

I use 6mg strength. My Fusion should be here early next week and I ordered flavoring from Giant Nicotine. Since I’m using Fusion, and not mixing PG/VG and Nicotine I plan on making three 10 mls to start with. Since I’m using Fusion as the base how much Candy Cane and Koolada would you recommend adding to 10 ml of Fusion? I also ordered Marshmallow and Creme de menthe in case those are needed too.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
For candy cane (someone mentioned 10%) that would be 1 ml per 10 ml Fusion. Koolada (as mentioned) just use drops (you can easily add more if needed)
So Fusion is fine for doing these first test batches (good call on doing 10 ml each) You really need to learn to make your own from nic/PG/VG. Seiously consider getting some nic soon (even just a 120 ml bottle of 100 mg) VG and PG are easy to get.

Thanks! Yes, this is my first test run and I figured since I literally have only vaped Halo for the past 10 years, it’d be best to start with their base. But I get your point that it’s too expensive to sustain and will definitely be purchasing nic/PG/VG if this test works.

One more probably silly question but I want to make sure. Flavoring on some websites has the disclaimer: “This is concentrated flavoring and must be diluted before use!”
If I’m just adding flavoring to Fusion, I don’t need to add PG/VG to dilute the flavoring first, right?

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Adding the flavor to an unflavored "base" (in your case, Fusion) is what they mean by diluting. Can you imagine someone vaping the flavor concentrate straight up LOL? BTW, some older recipes use very % because the vape devices back then were "wimpy"... 10% candy cane might be too much. Before I got a scale, I used a syringe to measure flavors. But... you can do it counting drops. the problem (besides being very slow) is different things have different size drops. Basically, a small flavor bottle is about 30 drops/ml and an "eyedropper" is about 20 drops/ml. So (for a 10 ml batch) 30 drops would be 10%, 15 drops 5%. Might be the way to go for this first try. If you didn't know... Koolada (actually I haven't tried it but have read much about it) is just a "cooling" effect. It's very popular. Sip water while you vape (which everyone should do anyway) and your throat will be super cooled.
I like mint but my go to is PUR butter mint (like an after dinner mint... maybe too sweet for you) There is also a "one-shot" liquid barn white chocolate peppermint (so yummy) if you ever want to try other mints.

That’s what I figured they meant by diluting but wanted to make sure. Thanks for all the info. One more question, how long should 10 ml need to steep before trying?

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Steeping really depends on the flavor(s) Yours should be ready to go (what they call "shake and vape") Like I said... in your case, this couldn't be easier... don't overthink it.
BTW, even though someone mentioned that the juice you like is high PG, 50/50 seems like a good compromise (too much PG bothers my throat... no big deal but wanted to mention that) Recipes like I make (sometimes complex) with bakeries, creams, ect need a long steep. Most fruits and mints are good to go (hint hint... in the future, try adding some fruits to your mints) I really like melons with mint (lemon is nice too) Everyone is different (especially tastes) and I'm jumping ahead.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I actually read through some of the old thread... it seems 10% is about right so I would suggest:
10 ml unflavored, 10% (30 drops FW candy cane), and 2 drops Koolada (adding one more at a time if needed) I still insist that 50/50 (VG/PG) should work great. No extra equipment needed, no extra supplies... this will get you off and running. Shake it really good (like shake it, let it rest, shake again... do this several times) then enjoy!

I certainly will. Just received the flavors and bottles today. The Halo shipment, which I ordered before the flavors, are looking more like Thursday or Friday. I'll be testing it as soon as I get it.

I might be getting ahead of myself but this long shipment time from Halo (and the price of Fusion) does have me considering just ordering nic juice now, along with PG/VG, but I'm stumped on two details when ordering.
I had initally assumed that when I DIY'ed I would be mixing PG, VG and nicotine together separately. However, on Nicotine Giant's website I must select if I want the mixer base to be PG or VG based. Does this mean, that say I select PG based, that I only need to purchase VG? In other words, if the PG is in the nic, there's no need to purchase PG seperately? I pasted a link to the nic and VG below for reference, followed by my second question.

The second part is the strength. I currently vape 6 mg strength Kringles Curse. If my assumption above is correct about only needing to purchase the PG-based nicotine and VG, is the 6 mg what I want or does that get diluted when mixed and needs to be higher strenght to account for mixing?

Thanks!

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Slow down, take a breath. Go to the DIY forum and ask some questions. Welcome to the world of DIY (it can be confusing, but once again, your recipe is so simple so don't trip)

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I certainly will. Just received the flavors and bottles today. The Halo shipment, which I ordered before the flavors, are looking more like Thursday or Friday. I'll be testing it as soon as I get it.

I might be getting ahead of myself but this long shipment time from Halo (and the price of Fusion) does have me considering just ordering nic juice now, along with PG/VG, but I'm stumped on two details when ordering.
I had initally assumed that when I DIY'ed I would be mixing PG, VG and nicotine together separately. However, on Nicotine Giant's website I must select if I want the mixer base to be PG or VG based. Does this mean, that say I select PG based, that I only need to purchase VG? In other words, if the PG is in the nic, there's no need to purchase PG seperately? I pasted a link to the nic and VG below for reference, followed by my second question.

The second part is the strength. I currently vape 6 mg strength Kringles Curse. If my assumption above is correct about only needing to purchase the PG-based nicotine and VG, is the 6 mg what I want or does that get diluted when mixed and needs to be higher strenght to account for mixing?

Thanks!
https://e-liquid-recipes.com (ELR) will calculate how much of each component of your recipe to make how much you want to make at your desired PG/VG ratio and nicotine. No need to overthink this and deal with math. Here's a link to one of my recipes on ELR so you can see what it looks like.
I don't know why this says check cookies, but it should take you to the recipe.

It will be lots cheaper to buy PG VG and nicotine separately than buying Halo Fusion. Yes you will need PG especially if you buy 100 mg nic base and don't vape max VG. How much cheaper? For example one of my favorite recipes I always have mixed costs around $1.70 to make a 60ml bottle. That same 60ml using Fusion would be $30+! Fusion is designed to dilute a flavor if you find it too strong.

VU Sponsors