Become a Patron!

Hand sanitizer with e-juice

Goodrat

Member For 4 Years
I would guess that adding e-juice (to use the VG) with mostly alcohol would make a hand sanitizer. Don't vape that by accident though :)

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ive been seeing a lot of these threads.
E liquid is not a base for hand sanitizer.
Don't do that. It's not the same thing. And you really don't want to rub nicotine into your hands several times a day.
Not a good idea man.

Goodrat

Member For 4 Years
Well, since I use 3mg nic, I would think that is safe. The home made sanitisers use VG.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But there's no nicotine and sugars and pg in the hand sanitizer. There is in the juice. Which will make for a mess and possible over exposure to the nicotine if you're rubbing it in your skin and still vaping it. Plus the amount of juice you'd go through I'd think it would be cheaper to just go buy some vg and do the stuff that way. I just got a Gallon of vg for $14. The shipping was hug but you can make a lot of juice with a gallon. Also a lot of sanitizer

Goodrat

Member For 4 Years
Yes, you can get VG at walmart by the pharmacy. But point is, for a 10ml batch of sanitizer, it works out to .04ml VG in the recipe. If using 3mg nic, for the VG (I use 70% VG non flavored base), I think I'm ok. But I don't have distilled water. Maybe I will pick up some and check the VG supply at walmart.

Goodrat

Member For 4 Years
I got some distilled water at Publix. No VG there, so I will use aloe that I have at home instead.

BigDisplay

Member For 4 Years
Sorry, but u really must joking?

I had a talk with Lars the owner on the ELR site.
I made 5 ½ liter 4 days ago and follow the WHO recipe, its very watery, but feels nice and good with skin after using it.
Now we discuss in the ELR forum sanitizer topic, to use 99% aloe vera gel instead of the water, then the sanitizer will be thick cause of the gel.
So i now order the alo gel to, for making 10 liter sanitizer for family and friends

When i follow the recipe it gives me a 84% hand sanitizer
It have to be 60% as a minimum.
ab33fe048148a9b6e1f15b8987ff04fc.jpg

Sent from my CMR-W09 using Tapatalk

Goodrat

Member For 4 Years
I just did this with aloe as the VG according to my link.
You don't need much VG.

120ml total:

99% Isopropyl Alcohol 90ml
Hydrogen peroxide 5ml
Glycerol (VG) 0.6ml (I used aloe)
Distilled water 24ml

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, since I use 3mg nic, I would think that is safe. The home made sanitisers use VG.

You could use VG and/or PG with alcohol. Save your juice, you might need it after May. Stay safe.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
When I started vaping a few years ago I looked up about cleaning tanks. It lead me to iso and distilled water. At the time here was a shop brand iso hand sanitiser that had no fragrance. So I started using it to clean my gear. All good. But then the same brand decided to use fragrance, now not good as it clung to everything in the tank. So now I needed to find something else. I couldn't at the time. So I thought, hey I'll contact them who make it in the off chance they can give me some info. Surprisingly they did freely. They told me that it was simply 65% iso and 35% distilled water. Apart from the recent fragrance addition. They also told me that the 65/35 recipe was pretty much accepted industry standard on hand sanitisers even in hospitals. They said higher % above 70 starts to have a negative affect as it strips the skin of natural essential oils as it gets higher. That it above 80 can lead to micro cracking of the skin leading to exposure of what you are trying to avoid. They really were very great with their info on its use.
So I started making my own sanitisers. But curiosty after getting that info got me looking into the use for vape tanks.
So now I wanted a cleaner which lead me to search for the best ratio for cleaning my vape gear. Best I found was 80% iso 20% distilled for my tanks. I read of some seals having issues with distorting and messing up with 100% (99. Whatever it actually is) so settled on the 80/20.
Never had an issue cleaning my tanks or seals ever. In fact one is soaking right now ready for a new coil.

casketweaver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
For cleaning?

A.) Hot water boil steel parts.
* Unless you have a warped / distorted gasket (seen post cinnamon flavored liquid - red hot gummy bears - and other oily liquids) then boil the rubber gaskets too to get the oil out of them.

B.) Dial AB Soap and wash delrin, nylon, gaskets, polycarbonate, ultem parts in warm water. Strain and hot water rinse.

C.) Let all parts air-dry for a few minutes and wipe thoroughly with a micro fiber cloth.

D.) VG or PJ threads and gaskets, and reassemble.

** I use white petroleum jelly on threads and VG on gaskets. I've tested most gaskets with petroleum jelly before, and haven't noticed any warping or softening of the rubber, but that doesn't mean it can't happen. YMMV.

I avoid alcohol / alcohol solutions to clean parts. Dries out rubber, cracks plastics, and destroys certain components. Maybe on old school clearos it was ok once or twice, but after that, nahhhh.

OR were we talking about getting vegetable glycerin from hand sanitizer?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I realized I have a half gallon on zero nic, 80% vg base. I used that in the mix.

What is the other 20% Wow, nothing scarier that someone working with Nicotine not knowing what they are using much less vaping this shit.............

I wonder what the hell you think is hand sanitizer...................

Goodrat

Member For 4 Years
The other 20% is PG, of course.
80% VG, Zero Nic, that is the complete ingredients.
I had it for cutting 12 mg nic to 6mg nic a few years ago.
So that and alcohol, distilled water and hydrogen peroxide all in the correct amounts, makes a nice sanitizer.

Grandpa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My wife and son tried out vg first and then pg to make some homemade sanitizer. We all agreed it was no good and scrapped the idea. Just too greasy feeling which I already knew from getting my juice on my hands. The stuff is easily removed by washing with just plain water but that ruins the point of the whole exercize, eh?.

Yesterday I got 2 gallons of 99% Iso from Amazon. Good thing because it's now unavailable. We have several huge aloe plants here and that's what we will use with the Iso. I also have 10 gallons of distilled water on hand, but we probably won't use that at this point. I use that in my cpap machine and I also use 10% distilled water in my homemade juice. We also have a lot of witch hazel we are going to use. We made some up with what we had on hand a week ago. It's interesting; the witch hazel/90% alcohol/aloe gel from our plants mix has a nice feel on the hands and looks like it will work ok. A side effect is the mixture turns a lovely shade of lavender after it sits for a day or so. I also bought 3 dozen 4 oz squeeze bottles and 3 dozen 8 oz squeeze bottles from Amazon so we can give our stuff away to others. I think we are good to go.

Goodrat

Member For 4 Years
My wife and son tried out vg first and then pg to make some homemade sanitizer. We all agreed it was no good and scrapped the idea. Just too greasy feeling which I already knew from getting my juice on my hands. The stuff is easily removed by washing with just plain water but that ruins the point of the whole exercize, eh?.

How much VG did you use? It looks like the formula is about 1/2 of a percent depending on the alcohol strength. It turns out a little thin compared to store bought but it does the job. Using VG for me turned out better than aloe.

BigDisplay

Member For 4 Years
Just remember if the sanitizer have to works it got to have a strength alcohol, but not so low as to go below 60% alcohol for the final product.

I use the recipe from WHO:

840ml 93% alcohol
15ml VG
105 ml distilled water og aloe gel.
40ml hydrogen peroxide 3%

It ends up to be sanitizer or 84%, pretty much effective.
Then I add little menthol flavor.

U can use this https://e-liquid-recipes.com/handsanitizer

Sendt fra min EVR-L29 med Tapatalk

Last edited:

Grandpa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Used 99% iso. We got 2 gallons of it off Amazon; NLA. Aloe we harvested from our own plants and witch hazel which we have a lot of. Comes in at about 80% by our calculations. It has a nice clean feel to it and leaves our hands soft.

And after this sanitizer your hands will feel the oil effect) You will not like it, I'm sure. If you want a good sanitizer I can recommend you the arcreef.com Their product I'm using all quarantine because I enjoyed that it doesn't fry my skin and doesn't produce any irritation. It's very good because I have very sensitive skin and I can't support any irritation.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors