Become a Patron!

Harshness fluctuation

I currently mostly vape either my ipv2 or an 18650 mech with my orchid v4's built dual coil 8 wrap 26. For juice is usually use either 3 or 6 mg nic 60/40.

I vape it at home and it's wonderfully smooth, everything is great. I go to work (I work outside in the elements, currently 30's) and I notice it is way more harsh, sometimes unbearable.

It seems to be harsher the longer amount of time between Vapes. When I arrive back to my car after work and it warms up, it goes back to normal, se with arriving home. Has anyone else noticed this with outdoor elements affecting them? IVe tried several juices all seeming to affect me the same way.

Jake R.

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have noticed that to recently. I'm not outside at work to much but when I am and I go to vape I get a throat hit that I don't normally get. But I can chain vape at home no problem. Maybe it has to do with the cooler temperature? I've also noticed if I'm dehydrated a little I'll get more of a throat hit. So maybe a combination of those factors?

Yeah I'm not sure, its a bit annoying though. Not knowing what I'm gonna get when I hit, sometimes it's fine and others it's bad. I keep it in an inside pocket so temp of mod itself isn't the issue i don't believe.

Jake R.

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No it's got nothing to do with the mod. Cause at work I've got mine inside so it's always warm but I go out on break and sit in my car and vape and I get that throat hit that's usually never there. I'm leaning more towards the dehydration and/or possibly the cold dry air?

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
its got a lot to do with the cold air being heated rapidly....I don't know the exact science behind it but it's got something to do with cold air rapidly being heated and the air pressure changes and still getting some cold air mixed in with the hot vapor....I work outside in the cold to and the only time my Kayfun leaks on me is when I've been outside for hours and then get in my car after I blast the heat and warm it up. the rapid change in heat/air pressure messes with the tank causing the liquid to force it's way out.

VU Sponsors