Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That’s where Im unsure what to think. Velocity was once just an rda; then, every other atty made had a “velocity style” deck.
Therefore, is this the same thing or did they shamelessly re-engineer a rda and put an enthroned cap on it with an 810 driptip.
I was just listening to Mike Vapes, and he said they made no contact with him on their extremely similar design, nor contact him to review it like they have for every other atomizer they've ever released...

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/wts-wtt-aspex-performance-coils.434798/

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I was just listening to Mike Vapes, and he said they made no contact with him on their extremely similar design, nor contact him to review it like they have for every other atomizer they've ever released...

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/wts-wtt-aspex-performance-coils.434798/
Well, sour grapes or lack of ethics in contacting him doesn’t exactly define it as a clone.

Ideal I can see it from both sides.
If I were Mike, I would be pissed!!!!
But again, based on precedence with the velocity, kayfun, taifun etc, I can see it being “ok”.

I’m not sure where I stand as a consumer. I like the concept, but don’t know if I can, in good conscience buy it.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
My opinion: One of the ones we see often is the multiple small holes for AF.
Reload S, upon first look the posts look similar, but the more I look at them the more design differences I see. As well as the rest of the atty.
Inspired by?, maybe but can't say yes. Copied? no.

We see things in vape gear that seem to be inspired by other gear, all the time.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
and the Recurve was pulled from the Kylin mini imo ..just the natural way to go putting an rta into rda form for squonking

having said that I like it...except the huge ass branding in the side ...one thing I didn’t like on the Recurve was how the base got wet if this fixes it then all good cause it is a great vape

Also is has the squonk platform similar to the entheon i like how that works ...just don’t touch the deck with the cotton ...let it float just above and get a perfect Squonk every time

Also see they have it so if you close the airflow down with the recessed parts it’ll still hit the coil centrally making use of the whole deck ...that’s an improvement ...having said that could make it whistle

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I really can't get too annoyed by the deck design because the recurve is a great vape and this does look to improve upon that design. I like the additional airflow on the bottom of the deck to get more air to the bottom of the coil. I have no doubt this would be an improvement over the recurve but is that improvement worth three times the cost of the recurve? I'll have to scratch my head some more on that...

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I really can't get too annoyed by the deck design because the recurve is a great vape and this does look to improve upon that design. I like the additional airflow on the bottom of the deck to get more air to the bottom of the coil. I have no doubt this would be an improvement over the recurve but is that improvement worth three times the cost of the recurve? I'll have to scratch my head some more on that...
I haven't been able to figure out why Reload thinks their stuff is made of solid gold. Maybe because people keep buying it. I won't buy authentic Reload again. If I like a design I'll wait for the clone.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I haven't been able to figure out why Reload thinks their stuff is made of solid gold. Maybe because people keep buying it. I won't buy authentic Reload again. If I like a design I'll wait for the clone.
I can understand a higher price if the machining is top quality but to be honest I can't comment on that because I've not tried a reload atty. I do plan on buying the rta at some point but not ready to cough up the 75 bucks just yet.

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I'll go the extra for better machining and authenticity too.

As compared to Recurve, this one looks to have some very good and better design elements.
Each post is 10 holes + bottom af vs 6 and no bottom. I think it will be smoother. Leak resistant top/down af and if the holes are small enough that alone helps with leak resistance. The shape of the posts seem to lend towards a more direct to coil af. It has an actual well. We know the machining will be nice. Will hold it's value.
To me these = enough to pay the approx 2x what the Recurve was when it came out. I think I have to own it. All I have to do is get out my logo eraser.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My attempt to post comparison pics-
Reload S-
DE406E46-2D28-4964-86ED-718E5921DC4C_368c302c-83d9-4c9d-b5d0-b3c7ee944b55_530x@2x.jpeg

Recurve-
recurve-deck.jpg

a48574b2cef553e07f8a730184ae032f.jpg

Sorry about the coils in the way on the Revurve pics. But its just for people who might not be familiar.
[Edit]
Kylin Mini (RTA)-
rebuildables-vandy-vape-kylin-mini-rta-14_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I looked around YouTube and only found one video of the reload s but the review really didn't show any good closeups of the rda.

The more I look at it the more I like it. Especially if the design changes alleviate the leak the recurve has, as KP pointed out.

Not a fan of the extra big ass reload branding on it but it doesn't seem to standout as much on the black one. Which I like a lot!

I'll be keeping an eye on this one for sure.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
This shit comes from China.

The rest of the world can't stop them from making fake coach bags, oakleys, rolex's, etc...

To them "borrowing" someone else's design is considered an ethical business practice.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This shit comes from China.

The rest of the world can't stop them from making fake coach bags, oakleys, rolex's, etc...

To them "borrowing" someone else's design is considered an ethical business practice.
It is to them; but, is it to us?

Remember some of the butthurt over the “velocity deck” when it first started getting used in ..... EVERYTHING?
That’s what made me start thinking

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
If the deck is a good design, it will become one of the new standards.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
If the deck is a good design, it will become one of the new standards.

what is this deck called then?

Maybe the poor guy vandy vape stole it from originally ....Andrei or something though that’s quite a mouth full

How about

NFK deck

(Nobody fucking knows) :giggle:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Mage 2 and FP RTAs also hoisted this design and the Kylin 2 tweaked it further

...it’s a winner for sure

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm on the wrong device right now so can't post a pic but you can add the CoilArt Mage 2019 edition to the list of honeycomb airflows. Been watching videos of that one. I kinda dig it.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I'm on the wrong device right now so can't post a pic but you can add the CoilArt Mage 2019 edition to the list of honeycomb airflows. Been watching videos of that one. I kinda dig it.

Mage 2019

2E9E4D5D-B861-427B-8ABC-9385E604E331.jpeg

@Vape Fan can sort us with the Kylin 2 pic

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Vandy Vape's gone wild with honeycomb. Here's 2 more, newer..
Pulse 2
upload_2019-2-4_11-47-37.png

and Revolver
upload_2019-2-4_11-51-11.png

If that Pulse 2 was made by another company..ie better machining/looks/steel not ultem...I'd be way more interested...

I think Mini was b4 Tauren. Earliest is too hard lol

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
No apologies Bro.
I’m enjoying being enlightened.

I reckon it’s akin to the goon getting all the credit for 810 driptip that Kennedy started.

Grennedy ...I remeber when people used to say that ...think I even have before

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm squonk atty poor right now. C4 get some use and that's about it. Never bought Recurve. Man cannot live on 1 squonker alone:p
I like how .Blank is looking as well but opted for this one, for now :D
I’m in the market for a new one.
All I have now really is the elder dragon and a goon.
I need another good single coil flavor atty. Was sold on the citadel, and now I’m looking at this thing and totally unsure which one I want more. Love the 810 drip tips. But, I want to be able to run a single batter dna and get battery life.

VU Sponsors