Become a Patron!

Having Problems

I have been using an Eleaf 40w for a little while now and it has been alright until today when I went to use it and it wouldn't turn on.

Plugging it in to charge brings the screen on and show the battery is empty but then immediately fully charges but when taking the cable out the screen goes off and nothing works.

Is this a battery problem? Is it time to get a new mod?

Many Thanks

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Probably - hopefully you got a lot of use from the mod

I have iStick 50W with the internal battery that are from when they were first made and they still work, though they don't hold a charge like they did when new

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is the problem with internal battery mods. Once the battery dies they are junk since they are not user replaceable.
Internal battery life will vary from an avg of 2-3 years to more if you are lucky.
And the length of the 'run time' will decrease as they age.

Of course some mods are so junky that they will not last as long as the replaceable battery you use in them ;)
Smok comes to mind, although some get decent service from Smok products.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also if you get a replaceable battery mod please get an external charger. the internal chargers in most of them do not hold up well under regular use, but are handy for occasional use.

Thank you everyone for your responses, I got the mod off a friend of mine a while ago and has had quite a bit of use since I got it.

I think it would be better to go for a new one so if anyone has any suggestions that are not too expensive xD That would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks
N

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have had an iStick TC40W for almost 5 years and although I use it as a back up carry it still keeps going and going and going like the Bunny~! Good luck in choosing your new MOD because the choices are endless almost.

I have had an iStick TC40W for almost 5 years and although I use it as a back up carry it still keeps going and going and going like the Bunny~! Good luck in choosing your new MOD because the choices are endless almost.
Thanks! I have no idea what to go for as there is so much choice xD
Will have to have a look about and see what there is.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks! I have no idea what to go for as there is so much choice xD
Will have to have a look about and see what there is.

One thing I will suggest is to get yourself a back up device so if something like this ever happens again you can vape~!

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As far as great replacements I'd have to say the innokin proton mod. One of my daily drivers for over a year now. Of course you'd have to buy 2 new batteries as well. So that's something to keep in mind as well.

As far as great replacements I'd have to say the innokin proton mod. One of my daily drivers for over a year now. Of course you'd have to buy 2 new batteries as well. So that's something to keep in mind as well.
Thank you for the suggestion. Is innokin a decent mod make?

516_vaper_li

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been using an Eleaf 40w for a little while now and it has been alright until today when I went to use it and it wouldn't turn on.

Plugging it in to charge brings the screen on and show the battery is empty but then immediately fully charges but when taking the cable out the screen goes off and nothing works.

Is this a battery problem? Is it time to get a new mod?

Many Thanks

I like paying it forward. You want my Smok AL85? it takes a single 18650. PM if interested

VU Sponsors