Become a Patron!

Heartache when vaping plus other symptoms?

Lone_Dawg

Member For 1 Year
Hello guys!
I want to know your opinion on this situation I have. Whenever I vape, I get lightheaded and sometimes I get really strong pains in my head, be it left side or right side, it lasts under a minute but it's really strong. Also, I recently started getting pins and needles around my heart which is really unsettling.
There are also moments when I get up the chair or from a seated position and I get really dizzy and lots of times I feel detached from this world, like a buzz from alcohol or a drug.
I have to mention that I don't have any of these symptoms when I don't vape. I did a few hours tests and I was so fine!
I will go to the doctor this week in order to sort this out clearly but I want to see if any of you had these symptoms. If they really are vape related I will quit, although it's a pity because I like my device a lot.
If it helps, I usually have poor circulation, my hands are really cold even in the summer.

PS: In case it's device related, I use the Aspire Zelos 50W Kit, I use Aspire coils. They last me a good amount of time because I take good care of them. I use Guerilla liquids, flavours like Strawberry Wild or Macaroons with 3-6mg nic.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Are you on any medications?

I had those feelings when taking Wellbutrin to try to quit smoking years ago before vaping

Good thing you are going to the doctor, hopefully he is open minded and not ready to blame vaping instead of looking for the real root of the problem

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Hello guys!
I want to know your opinion on this situation I have. Whenever I vape, I get lightheaded and sometimes I get really strong pains in my head, be it left side or right side, it lasts under a minute but it's really strong. Also, I recently started getting pins and needles around my heart which is really unsettling.
There are also moments when I get up the chair or from a seated position and I get really dizzy and lots of times I feel detached from this world, like a buzz from alcohol or a drug.
I have to mention that I don't have any of these symptoms when I don't vape. I did a few hours tests and I was so fine!
I will go to the doctor this week in order to sort this out clearly but I want to see if any of you had these symptoms. If they really are vape related I will quit, although it's a pity because I like my device a lot.
If it helps, I usually have poor circulation, my hands are really cold even in the summer.

PS: In case it's device related, I use the Aspire Zelos 50W Kit, I use Aspire coils. They last me a good amount of time because I take good care of them. I use Guerilla liquids, flavours like Strawberry Wild or Macaroons with 3-6mg nic.

If it were me I would go to the doctors and DO NOT mention that I vape unless they specifically asked.
So if the questionnaire asks about your smoking but doesn't mention vaping just i'd put down the date I quit smoking.

This way I'd get a truly unbiased health exam.

The reason I would do it this way is because there was a teen that was literally dying of a stroke and an urgent care center sent him home all because there happened to be a vape laying around by the kid when he started having the stroke:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/kyle-loss-death-stroke-1.4802274

If you get the wrong doctor who has an extreme anti vaping bias (like in the above story) and you tell them you vape they may overlook something really important.

If the doctor couldn't find the cause THEN i'd mention the vaping.;)

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Hello guys!

You may want to try a different brand eliquid in the mean time just to rule that part out.

Lone_Dawg

Member For 1 Year
You may want to try a different brand eliquid in the mean time just to rule that part out.
My doctor knows I vape and fortunately she is not biased. I went to her one time and she didn't started blaming the vape, it was just a larynx irritation, she gave me the treatment, told me to lower the nicotine and it was fine. 2 years ago I started being really stressed, I barely ate and I think it could be just that.
I'll make an appointment and see what's going on. Thanks for the tips!

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
if you don't eat enough, that can happen. otherwise you have to much nic. I sometimes get headaches at 6mg. I like 4mg now.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I get a little light headed when vaping 50mg nic from a pod...it's to be expected tho.

VU Sponsors