ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm here in south OKC.
Welcome to the VU

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
NW part of WV here. Although it's claimed I exist everywhere, nowhere, now, then, ever more. Welcome. :)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Never been to Oklahoma. BFF from high school went to the University of Oklahoma for what seemed like forever. Closest I've been is Dallas-Fort Worth.

We're in central southern Virginia, very close to the NC state line. Nice hills here, and a lot of green. Humid as it gets right now.

Welcome to VU!

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hello Shauna. I'm here in Texas, sharing a border with you. I've been vaping since 2012, loving it, and 100 percent off cigarettes since then.

Welcome to the forum. Lots of info and friends here.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU! :cheers:

I live in Cali, but I have spent a lot of time in OK for work. There's some beautiful country around Ardmore.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to VU! :cheers:

I live in Cali, but I have spent a lot of time in OK for work. There's some beautiful country around Ardmore.
Hey Goph, I've been trying to help a member of the other forum, who lives in California and is being dumbfounded by the CA ban on flavors. She's by the ocean, pretty far down the coast, so I don't see an easy state line crossing for stocking up. Are you fully DIY, or do you have any buying wisdom I can pass on to her?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Hey Goph, I've been trying to help a member of the other forum, who lives in California and is being dumbfounded by the CA ban on flavors. She's by the ocean, pretty far down the coast, so I don't see an easy state line crossing for stocking up. Are you fully DIY, or do you have any buying wisdom I can pass on to her?

@~Don~ might have some advice for you as well. That's his general area also, but he may be all DIY.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I live in the “Real Southern California”

Not the trash infested Los Angeles area … well I used to, but so glad I moved
To South County San Diego.

Now… as for DIY… order all supplies minus Nic from BCF… zero issues being delivered.

Nic, no idea these days… there are probably a few left that are shipping to California still without the whole CalNationTaxation added.

I stocked up during the early March mail ban for my personal use for the foreseeable future, and even long before that when the original vape-apocalypse of 8/8/16…

For those new to vaping or dismissive of the legislation over the years trying to stock up… it’s still possible, but less avenues for nic… and if you find a place that is willing to ship, buy a test run to sample said nic… if it’s good, mass order and store in the freezer.

Not sure what navigation errors your friend is having, even with the current landscape of California.

Anyway…

Bull city flavors for well… flavors

No idea on nic these days… Google can probably sort that and a few clicks after via check out if California is listed as a state for said supplier.

Anyhoo!

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone 12 Pro Max using Tapatalk

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I live in the “Real Southern California”

Not the trash infested Los Angeles area … well I used to, but so glad I moved
To South County San Diego.

Now… as for DIY… order all supplies minus Nic from BCF… zero issues being delivered.

Nic, no idea these days… there are probably a few left that are shipping to California still without the whole CalNationTaxation added.

I stocked up during the early March mail ban for my personal use for the foreseeable future, and even long before that when the original vape-apocalypse of 8/8/16…

For those new to vaping or dismissive of the legislation over the years trying to stock up… it’s still possible, but less avenues for nic… and if you find a place that is willing to ship, buy a test run to sample said nic… if it’s good, mass order and store in the freezer.

Not sure what navigation errors your friend is having, even with the current landscape of California.

Anyway…

Bull city flavors for well… flavors

No idea on nic these days… Google can probably sort that and a few clicks after via check out if California is listed as a state for said supplier.

Anyhoo!

Good luck!

Thank you so much.

I don't think she has tried DIY. I think actually there may be an immense error here. I mean, has the ban on flavors actually been passed in Cali?

I did some research, because I always wonder what I would do if a vape ban came my way. I think we all have to consider that possibility.

I looked up these things today.

https://vaping360.com/vape-news/107236/california-flavor-ban-will-go-on-hold-until-nov-2022/

I called CASAA, to get accurate info to post here and on the other forum. I got a voicemail greeting, so I left a message, saying who I am and that I'm seeking accurate info on the California flavor ban. Hopefully I'll get that call back, probably Monday.

Then I decided to see if there is a vape seller near my friend on the other forum. She lives near Oceanside. I found this place first, didn't look any further:

https://www.oceansidevapestore.com/vape-store

When they answered with just "hello?" I asked if I'd reached Oceanside Vape Store. The guy said "yes, Syndicate Vapes". It also says Syndicate Vapes on their home page. I asked him if they sell flavored vape liquids. He said yes, sure. I asked him about the California ban on flavors. He said he knew nothing about it.

They're open right now. Their last Facebook post, August 23, shows Humble Juice.

So it all started when a Texas seller wouldn't ship to the forum member in California because of that state's ban on flavors, but I can't find any evidence that this ban has been passed.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you so much.

I don't think she has tried DIY. I think actually there may be an immense error here. I mean, has the ban on flavors actually been passed in Cali?

I did some research, because I always wonder what I would do if a vape ban came my way. I think we all have to consider that possibility.

I looked up these things today.

https://vaping360.com/vape-news/107236/california-flavor-ban-will-go-on-hold-until-nov-2022/

I called CASAA, to get accurate info to post here and on the other forum. I got a voicemail greeting, so I left a message, saying who I am and that I'm seeking accurate info on the California flavor ban. Hopefully I'll get that call back, probably Monday.

Then I decided to see if there is a vape seller near my friend on the other forum. She lives near Oceanside. I found this place first, didn't look any further:

https://www.oceansidevapestore.com/vape-store

When they answered with just "hello?" I asked if I'd reached Oceanside Vape Store. The guy said "yes, Syndicate Vapes". It also says Syndicate Vapes on their home page. I asked him if they sell flavored vape liquids. He said yes, sure. I asked him about the California ban on flavors. He said he knew nothing about it.

They're open right now. Their last Facebook post, August 23, shows Humble Juice.

So it all started when a Texas seller wouldn't ship to the forum member in California because of that state's ban on flavors, but I can't find any evidence that this ban has been passed.

Quick Google… no ban on deliveries to Oceanside

I do suggest they get into DIY…

If you can make Tea, you can make your own juice… at a fraction of the cost of buying commercially

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Quick Google… no ban on deliveries to Oceanside

I do suggest they get into DIY…

If you can make Tea, you can make your own juice… at a fraction of the cost of buying commercially

Agree 100 percent, get supplies while you can, figure out your measuring and mixing, get comfortable with it before you have to. I'm convinced. Ever since nanny gov first raised that spanking stick back around 2015-16, I've acquired the supplies, the glass metric measuring kit, hoarded batts, glassomizers and coils, but I still haven't practiced diluting the concentrated nic, which to me is the tricky thing for 12 mg/ml nic. Maybe I should train myself down to 10 mg/ml vaping now, which makes measuring out the dilution less of a brain sprain.

Anyway, thank you for the replies. You have, at minimum, strengthened my resolve to figure out how to measure the concentrate into the non-nic portion of the mix, to get it right without killing myself, before it becomes urgent.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm 100% DIY so really no help for vendor juices.

Has your friend tried Breazy or VaporDNA.com? VaporDNA is based in SoCal and has a B&M in Torrance CA. Their address is 22517 Crenshaw Blvd. Torrance CA 90505 (Intersection of Crenshaw & Sepulveda, next to 310 Liquor Store)

I think NudeNicotine will sell nic base in person. A little snippet from one of their blog posts: "(Please email us at [email protected] for local pick up options going forward.)"

Their address and contact info: 10054 Mesa Ridge Ct. #132, San Diego, CA 92121 [email protected]
(858) 366-2855

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Anyway, thank you for the replies. You have, at minimum, strengthened my resolve to figure out how to measure the concentrate into the non-nic portion of the mix, to get it right without killing myself, before it becomes urgent.
@Bliss Doubt: Just go to e-liquid-recipes.com, input your recipe and they will do all the math for you. There are thousands of recipes there as well. And best of all it's free!

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you, gopher_byrd. That recipe site is fascinating.

As for the California lady on the other forum, after I showed her all this evidence that the Cal ban has never actually been passed, I found out she knew that. She has a few sellers she uses that still ship to her without issues, but she's finding it more and more difficult to find her preferred mix of 50/50 pg/vg at 3 mg nic. We're both puzzled as to why Gothic Vapor wouldn't ship to California. When I called GV, they cited the California ban of flavors, which is erroneous. On the other hand, I recognize that Gothic Vapor has been undeniably gun shy for the last few years. I believe they received an in-store visit from an FDA goon or something, or suffered a bad hit by an underage buyer. I don't really know why, but I do know they are paranoid. Great, unique company with their own original high quality products, but paranoid.

I will link to her the other places you suggested. As nanny tries to clamp down, we all need to become increasingly prepared.

Thanks again.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hello, I'm a long-time vaper from Oklahoma City. Any other's out there from Oklahoma? I've been vaping since 2013. Love it. It's a lifestyle for me.
Just in case you don't know, you have PerfectVape in Oklahoma City, one of my favorite sellers, not to be confused with another company with a similar name. This is the one I like:

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thank you, gopher_byrd. That recipe site is fascinating.
@Bliss Doubt, I learned DIY here on VU. We have a active DIY sub-forum with lots of great mixers to help you get started. DIY is inexpensive once you get your initial supplies in. I can mix 60 ml bottles for less than $2.00 counting the cost of the bottle.

Don't worry too much about 100 mg/ml nic. If you get some on you just wash it off. IIRC @SteveS45 put some on his hand to prove the point. As you know he's still alive and kicking. Welcome to the rabbit/gopher hole... :giggle:

Back to @shauna7084 I've been vaping since 2013 as well. Welcome to the 8 year club, I get to be a member of that in December.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@Bliss Doubt, I learned DIY here on VU. We have a active DIY sub-forum with lots of great mixers to help you get started. DIY is inexpensive once you get your initial supplies in. I can mix 60 ml bottles for less than $2.00 counting the cost of the bottle.

Don't worry too much about 100 mg/ml nic. If you get some on you just wash it off. IIRC @SteveS45 put some on his hand to prove the point. As you know he's still alive and kicking. Welcome to the rabbit/gopher hole... :giggle:

Back to @shauna7084 I've been vaping since 2013 as well. Welcome to the 8 year club, I get to be a member of that in December.
I've hoarded some bottles of 60 mg/ml because I can established in my mind a rule of fifths with that. Divide that into five parts, then each part goes into a flavored non-nic mix, one part 60 mg to 4 parts non-nic, for an overall of 12 mg per bottle. When I speak of trying not to kill myself, I'm not worried about touching it. I'm worried about getting it wrong, vaping way high nic, and giving myself a heart attack or something.

My hoard of supplies includes glass metric measuring beakers, the cool tall ones, and lots of pipettes. I also found a beautiful small round bottom flask of borosilicate glass with a ground stopper. Some of these things make nice decor even though not yet in use, but I have since realized you can just use an 8-ounce measuring cup, which has each ounce marked, pour in one oz. 60 mg, then 4 oz flavored non-nic, and still get your nic level right without having to deal in metric measuring. It's exact proportions, not necessarily milliliters, though if you think my plan is gonna kill me, feel free to call out.

100 mg/ml would work too, but it isn't divisible by 12, so one eighth of it, mixed with 7 parts flavored non-nic, would come pretty close at 12.5 mg per mixed bottle, which I could definitely use. I used to like ordering Gothic Vapor at 13 mg for that "goth" ethos. They don't offer that level any longer.

I already mix unflavored with flavored, because clove is strong and I prefer it diluted. I got a beautiful small borosilicate glass funnel. The LDPE 100 ml bottles are just a few bucks for dozens of them, as are the needle tip caps with silicone tip covers.

I feel bad for people who are just discovering vaping, starting up, understanding it can help them stop smoking, with what may be very little time for the experimentation, trial and error, discovery of equipment options and flavors, that I had years to engage in. Nowadays when I see people advising newbies to start with DIY coil building and liquid making, I can't argue with that.

I was recommending PerfectVape in Oklahoma City to the OP because they have it all, their own mixed ready-to-vape flavors in bulk quantities cheap, other flavor brands besides their own, nic base 100 mg/ml, flavoring concentrates, equipment, overstocks. I've had a lot of luck with them through the years. I emailed them for the lady on the other forum, to find out if they ship to Oceanside CA. I don't see why not, but I don't want to give her another bum steer, so I'm trying to make sure.

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@shauna7084 Welcome to the forum, I just saw this post. Not from OK (NV currently ) but will be as soon as we can find a rental. Having no luck so far, but we have a few animals. Looking to build a home in McAlester but need a rental in the meantime. BAH, I hate this LOL anyway that's neither here nor there. Hope you enjoy VU

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Hello, I'm a long-time vaper from Oklahoma City. Any other's out there from Oklahoma? I've been vaping since 2013. Love it. It's a lifestyle for me.
welcome from tasmania australia, its a good spot in here all nice and friendly...enjoy

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Born and raised in CA but my relatives are from Oklahoma... so I'm really an "Okie"...
No ban in CA except specific areas (so cal and bay area?) Now shipping (basically everywhere) is a different issue... most places are forced to use other shipping companies that take much longer to deliver.

VU Sponsors