Become a Patron!

Hellvape Fat Rabbit 2 Tank review

I_aint_Joe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Introduction

The Fat Rabbit 2 Tank is a stock-coil tank, and I have different two sets of expectations when it comes to stock-coil tanks;

If it’s part of a mod-kit, then it just has to be good enough to vape on for a while, because you’ll probably end up with a better tank or an RTA eventually.

If it’s a standalone product, then I’m going to hold it to much higher standards. It’s got to be good, merely being ‘okay’ doesn’t hit the mark.

Product overview

The Hellvape Fat Rabbit 2 Tank is a 28mm, 4/5ml stock-coil tank, with top and bottom airflow.

DSC02531.jpg

What do you get?

• Fat Rabbit 2 Tank (fitted with 4ml straight glass)
  • 1×0.2ohm KA1 coil
  • 1×0.15ohm KA1 coil
  • 5ml bubble glass
  • Spares
First impressions

Like the vast majority of recent Hellvape products, the styling is very much to my taste. 28mm tanks just look good, they don’t look lost on dual battery mods and generally look nice (unless your mod won’t take 28mm and then they look silly)

The bottom AFC ring and the top-cap have almost unnoticeable Celtic designs, while the top AFC ring is ridged.

The only part of the aesthetics which makes me think ‘meh’ is the drip-tip – yet another atomizer with yet another boring black drip-tip.

Overall, it’s a very good looking tank.

DSC02534.jpg

How does it perform?

• P7-01 0.15ohm - this coil is rated for 60-70w, however I spent most of the time vaping it at 50-55w, because that was enough to give excellent flavor. Pushing it to 60 or 70w isn’t a problem and results in more vapor production.
  • P7-02 0.2ohm - this coil is rated for 50-60w, and just like the other coil it works really well 5-10w under the recommended levels. The performance is more impressive with this coil because I can vape it at 40w and vape it like I vape a single-coil flavor-banging RTA.
These coils surprised me, because I was initially quite skeptical about them. I assumed they were exactly the same as the previous TLC coils from Hellvape, due to them having the same specs.

However, while the TLC coils required at least the recommend wattage to give decent flavor, these coils are pretty much awesome from 10w under to the top of the recommend range.

DSC02529.jpg

Airflow

Personally, I left both the top and bottom airflow wide open. It’s not like an RTA where the top and bottom airflow hits different parts of the coil, so yeah – it’s just airflow going into the coil.

Cons

• Capacity – for a fat 28mm tank, 4/5ml isn’t impressive.
  • Coil variety – the two available coils suit my vaping preferences very well, but something suiting higher wattage vaping would have been nice.
Conclusion

For a stock-coil tank that is more focused on lowish power flavor-chasing than 100w+ vapor production, this does a very good job. The coils are the star of the show, but the tank is also well made and attractive.

Disclaimer

The Fat Rabbit 2 Tank was provided for the purposes of this review by Hellvape.

1 (2).jpg

VU Sponsors