Become a Patron!

Help! Best settings for Aspire Typhon 100 Revvo

Ok, I am a fairly new vaper that just upgraded from a Moto Plus pen to the Aspire Typhon 100 Revvo Kit. Got it home, primed the coil. Went to fire it and it seared my lungs with burning heat and I barely got any vape out of it. Ok, so I need to adjust something. Just read through the manual and see there is a bunch of stuff about TC Ni, Ti and SS, TCR M1, M2, M3, Watts, Voltage, Bypass, CPS C1, C2, C3... I have NO idea what any of that means. All I want is a cool to warm vape with plenty of vape. I read the optimal watts are 80 to 85... ok, got that... but still too hot, burns my throat and not much vape. Please advise... what are all of these crazy settings and how do I get the best vape experience.

Ok, as an update, I read that the Revvo has a Kanthal coil, and that I need to leave it on "Watts" mode. And that the TC and TCR modes are for different coil types (other than Kanthal). So I set it to Watts, and set it to 81, since 80-85 is optimal for the Revvo.

I then removed the liquid from the tank that had 12mg nicotine and replaced it with 3mg nicotine to see if that helped lower the burning in my throat. It didn't work. I vape-to-mouth, then inhale but even holding the vape in my mouth I felt how hot it was, and burned when I inhaled. So, what am I doing wrong? 81 Watts on watt mode. Also, the tank gets sooo hot! Do I have a bad mod?

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Welcome to VU. If you have burnt the cotton you will need to change the coil or it will just always taste like burnt toilet paper smells. Slap a new coil in, prime it and start at 40 watts and go up as required.

Welcome to VU. If you have burnt the cotton you will need to change the coil or it will just always taste like burnt toilet paper smells. Slap a new coil in, prime it and start at 40 watts and go up as required.

Thanks. It was a brand new coil, with a brand new mod, and I primed it well before use... but it is possible I had too high of wattage to start with. It didn't taste like burnt cotton, just waaaay too hot. I am going to try a new coil and I'll let you know if it fixes the issue.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
If it tastes bad and the juice isnt just gross, coil would be the next logical move.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I always start NEW to me coil at zero watts and work up to a good vape.... those numbers on the coil are hypothetical and just get you on that area
If i have used a coil type before I will start a new coil at about 50% of the v power I expect to vape at. Again working up to a good vaping wattage.

The proper setting for your mod is to have the MODE set to the correct material or type of regulation for that material.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Thanks. It was a brand new coil, with a brand new mod, and I primed it well before use... but it is possible I had too high of wattage to start with. It didn't taste like burnt cotton, just waaaay too hot. I am going to try a new coil and I'll let you know if it fixes the issue.
hey, i know this is a few years old, but this vape is the best I ever had, if only i could find some coils? the revo tanks and coils work well also as well as the plastic disposable's are good. but this coil is revolutionary in my eyes? don't get why its hot for u, I have noticed once and awhile I need ot lower the voltage and work the coils in or they will burn out fast. the one coil lasted a week to my astonishment though?

p.s , if your a new vaper, its possible to be too strong> ? I am an smoker and smoked cigs for 30 years

Last edited by a moderator:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
hey, i know this is a few years old, but this vape is the best I ever had, if only i could find some coils? the revo tanks and coils work well also as well as the plastic disposable's are good. but this coil is revolutionary in my eyes? don't get why its hot for u, I have noticed once and awhile I need ot lower the voltage and work the coils in or they will burn out fast. the one coil lasted a week to my astonishment though?

if only i could find some coils?

HLMETFY (Here Let Me Ecosia That For You) Check the fourth link down. 3 pack of coils $13 less S&H, and in two different oHm ratings. I'm sure Ecosia, or any other search engine can find you more vendors selling these coils.

this coil is revolutionary in my eyes?

Thanks for your opinion. :) Still enjoy making coils to use for myself. Everyone finds and does what they like. :)

the one coil lasted a week to my astonishment though?

To speak/write generally, factory made coils ought to last at least about two weeks, as an indicator of "good" coils. This is though generalizing.

p.s , if your a new vaper, its possible to be too strong> ? I am an smoker and smoked cigs for 30 years

Not exactly sure what you mean too strong?

Too strong a nicotine strength? Try 3 mg or 6 mg per ml to start out. I use 18mg/ml myself. Know some what use 24 or 36 mg/ml. Most though use 3 or 6mg/ml now a days.

Too strong a wattage? Start low, work up to what seems to suit you.

Again these are issues where everyone finds and uses what they like. Listen to your body regarding nicotine. You start getting sick on the stomach, having trots, sweating ... you might be getting too much nicotine. Don't vape as much, reduce your nicotine strength.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Ok, I am a fairly new vaper that just upgraded from a Moto Plus pen to the Aspire Typhon 100 Revvo Kit. Got it home, primed the coil. Went to fire it and it seared my lungs with burning heat and I barely got any vape out of it. Ok, so I need to adjust something. Just read through the manual and see there is a bunch of stuff about TC Ni, Ti and SS, TCR M1, M2, M3, Watts, Voltage, Bypass, CPS C1, C2, C3... I have NO idea what any of that means. All I want is a cool to warm vape with plenty of vape. I read the optimal watts are 80 to 85... ok, got that... but still too hot, burns my throat and not much vape. Please advise... what are all of these crazy settings and how do I get the best vape experience.

Ok, as an update, I read that the Revvo has a Kanthal coil, and that I need to leave it on "Watts" mode. And that the TC and TCR modes are for different coil types (other than Kanthal). So I set it to Watts, and set it to 81, since 80-85 is optimal for the Revvo.

I then removed the liquid from the tank that had 12mg nicotine and replaced it with 3mg nicotine to see if that helped lower the burning in my throat. It didn't work. I vape-to-mouth, then inhale but even holding the vape in my mouth I felt how hot it was, and burned when I inhaled. So, what am I doing wrong? 81 Watts on watt mode. Also, the tank gets sooo hot! Do I have a bad mod?
ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!! Start at your Mods lowest setting until you get used to it. Eventually you will know where you can start and adjust from there, but to start out, start at the lowest setting and gradually increase to where you like it best.
And replace your coil, you probably cooked your cotton.

VU Sponsors