Become a Patron!

Help building a dual 18650 box mod with a DPDT switch

So I now found all the parts I want in this insane box mod. Its gonna be a little difficult to fit it all the in the hammond 1590b but I think I can still do it. Right now I need help to work on the wiring diagram for it. In this mod there will be a yihi sx350 mini, fire switch with a built in led, 2 efest 3100mah 18650 battery's in a keystone sled, 2 510 connectors, 2 momentary push switches for the up down control on the sx350 mini, and a DPDT switch. I was also wondering If I would still need a mosfet for the protection of the fire switch with the sx350 mini?

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So you're gonna have to run the batteries in series for that chip which means the amp load is not split between them. The board has a max input current of 40 amps and you're gonna use 10 amp batteries? Are you sure you know what you're doing?

Those batteries are 20 amp batteries and I picked the mini because it has a bypass mode to run straight from the batteries which should let me run it also in parallel. If that isn't the case then I still need to find a chip that can do that.

So I'm just gonna give up trying to do the dpdt switch and use the sx350 100w full size and change the dual 18650 for dual 26650 batteries for the long lasting battery time.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like a better idea. The efest's are 10 amp continuous by the way. They use pulse ratings for their batteries. Pretty shady company. Good luck.

Thanks :), actually does anyone know how well the lipo batteries work in these mods. Haven't seen to many with them and am kinda interested bc of the space they take up.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've heard they're not nearly as safe and you have to be very knowledgeable about them and do everything just right. I think there's good reasons why hardly anyone uses them for our purposes. I personally wouldn't try and tackle variable power mod building and lipo batteries at the same time and on the same project. I think you would be better off just sticking with dual 18650's or 26650's.

VU Sponsors