Become a Patron!

Help:Coil building

Super_SU

Member For 1 Year
I just started vaping not long ago. I ended up buying a Ijust 2 and I purchased a prince tank because I wanted to be able to produce more vape. I know I'm a not a pro but I believe if you don't try then you will never know. That's why I want to start building my own coils I just need a little guidance. I bought a smok mag kit along with batteries from ebay for less than 60 bucks from a auction. Its not a fake for those wondering I done my home work before bidding. Anyway the tank is a Tfv12 instead of buying the pre-built coils I'm gonna buy a roll of wire but not sure what type i need. Of course I want the best wire that way I don't have to change wire as often. What size diameter wire do i need and is Clapton wire the best to buy. Did i make a good buy?

Sent from my MI MIX using Tapatalk

GillyDaKidd78

Member For 3 Years
I would start by watching some how to videos on YouTube, and get on steam engine online to learn your ohms laws. Learning safety is gonna be your #1 goal. You can figure the rest out after that.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Which RBA deck did you buy? The dual or the triple?

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
26g with 36g wrapped claptons are a good start even better if you put two cores together “Fused Clapton” ...some suppliers sell quad cores AVS for instance (they use smaller gauge wire for that probably 30 or 32g wire cores) though you might find it tricky to fit this in an RBA deck

The RBA deck might not give you a good feel for a dedicated RTA, can only speak from the TFV8 deck as experience but it was a pain to use compared to a proper RTA ....hated it

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Never used the 8 or 12, but the 4 was hot garbage. First and last Smok product I'll ever buy. The rta deck was a joke.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I rather like the dual coil RBA for the TFV12. It works very well with 24 or 26g Kanthal w/2.5mm ID. Because of the small amount of wicking you can get in it, building a little higher is ideal. I have caught cotton on fire in these building too low.

These also need to be wicked like a Kayfun and thin the tips and trim the bottom of the bow ties by about 1/2. It will not leak like this and will not burn up the cotton either. It will make sense when you have it wicked.

That's funny, the TFV12 RBA deck was my first "rebuildable" deck I ever bought. That thing took so many tries to get it wicked right. But once I figured it out, it actually produced a decent vape. Then I stripped the post screws. And then my Alien died after five months. No more Smok after that!

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My stepson being my stepson and he knows it all tried the RBA deck after I told him not to buy it. I told him I would of give him a RTA I never got into them and I have 4 or 5 I am waiting to PIF to some people I know. Anyway, he could never get it and instead of asking me he gave up on building soon after vaping well vaping juice. He still uses the two mods I gave him. Go figure. o_O

VU Sponsors