Become a Patron!

Help finding a new vaper a low nic tobacco flavor for a pod system

SpaceOctopus

The Octopus of Space
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
So I'm trying to help my friend quit smoking, and like me, they didn't smoke because of the nicotine. It's an oral fixation thing. I personally go for the crazy sweet flavors that mimic cereal or cookies, so I haven't had much or any experience with tobacco flavors.

I believe they will be getting the Kanger UBOAT pod system, and I know they want to start off with a tobacco liquid. I just don't even know where to start looking for something quality. I don't want to suggest anything that would make them hate vaping. The intention is to get them to switch.

I can't seem to find anything good that isn't ridiculously high nicotine levels. I want either the lowest possible, or 0mg nicotine, if possible.

Any suggestions? I would be super grateful :)

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can almost promise your friend has some addiction to smoking whether or not they want to admit it. So I would think that a low level juice isn't going to work. Then they will be turned away from vaping as you said. I've heard a tobacco flavor called Ry4 is great. I think caramel tobacco. Most juice companies carry it in some for or fashion. Maybe vapewild, Verde valley Vapes or The Sauce La.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

SpaceOctopus

The Octopus of Space
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
I can almost promise your friend has some addiction to smoking whether or not they want to admit it. So I would think that a low level juice isn't going to work. Then they will be turned away from vaping as you said. I've heard a tobacco flavor called Ry4 is great. I think caramel tobacco. Most juice companies carry it in some for or fashion. Maybe vapewild, Verde valley Vapes or The Sauce La.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk
Huh? I never said they weren't addicted to smoking. I said neither of us cared about the nicotine. Some people are just like that. I was, however, very addicted to the act of smoking. This person has the same experience. I never have experienced nicotine withdrawals personally in my life ( I smoked about a pack a day for 10 years). Nicotine juice always made me sick no matter how many mg was in it. I switched to 0mg pretty quick and it was great. Still vaping it to this day.
It may not be as common as other experiences, but it is still a valid experience.

As for Ry4, I know about this flavor variant, I was sort of hoping for a more specific recommendation. Like, if there was a really popular brand with low nicotine.

Last edited:

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's tough, I haven't liked a single tobacco juice that is not a Naturally Extracted Tobacco. Doodlebugs has a great turkish NET (request less sweetner) but your friend will probably be swapping out the pods every 2 or 3 days because NET's gunk up wicks super quick. That's fine with me because I just rewick a rebuildable every other day but running a non rebuildable device could get expensive.
You should be able to find any juice in zero nic. Doodlebugs will mix it custom if you want say... 0.5mg of nic or whatever. Just put it in the notes.

The tobacco flavored juices just don't do it for me, taste isn't close and usually horrid. I vape NET juice daily along with dessert juices to mix it up throughout the day.
Drinking with friends... 100% NET :D

SpaceOctopus

The Octopus of Space
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
That's tough, I haven't liked a single tobacco juice that is not a Naturally Extracted Tobacco. Doodlebugs has a great turkish NET (request less sweetner) but your friend will probably be swapping out the pods every 2 or 3 days because NET's gunk up wicks super quick. That's fine with me because I just rewick a rebuildable every other day but running a non rebuildable device could get expensive.
You should be able to find any juice in zero nic. Doodlebugs will mix it custom if you want say... 0.5mg of nic or whatever. Just put it in the notes.

The tobacco flavored juices just don't do it for me, taste isn't close and usually horrid. I vape NET juice daily along with dessert juices to mix it up throughout the day.
Drinking with friends... 100% NET :D
I had a feeling this was the case. I remember my ex liked some of the tobacco ones, but I could never get into them personally.
I honestly am wondering if I could just get away with convincing her to just try something delicious instead, :giggle: Thank you for your suggestions. I want to make this as simple as possible for her, so I think maybe dessert vapes are probably the way to go.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thinking about it, Doot's RY4 has just a bit of NET and the rest vanilla caramel flavoring so it does not gunk up wicks very fast. I like a straight tobacco but maybe that is a good compromise for wick life and it still has that familiar tobacco flavor in the background. Haven't vaped that one in about a year but every once in a while I revisit it, it is very good for a dessert tobacco.

Or, yeah, just let her try a dessert juice and see how it goes.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You won't like this answer but the truth is your friend is just going to have to trial and error. They may get lucky and find the nirvana flavor on the first go, but not likely. Also the same flavor in an RDA or tank WILL taste different in a pod. I haven't tried all that many but the pods I've used were lacking in the flavor department. Additionally, and while I can't speak for anyone else, vaping one flavor would get boring. I'm currently vaping at least 10 different flavors. Good luck to you and your friend.

VU Sponsors