Become a Patron!

Help Finding New Nic Base, Please

aldenf

Member For 5 Years
Hey folks. Went to Vapers Tek website to order some nic this afternoon. Haven't ordered since last Black Friday. Found out they closed end of August. Not sure why they didn't send out emails to their customer list so we could get a last order in... =(

Anyway...

Just went to Nude Nic's site. Can anyone share the difference between their Pharma & Chroma Nic bases?

Is Nic River's PurNic as good as Nude Nic's freebase nics?

Trying to get an order in tonight...

Thanks!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I did get a notice from them, hated reading what it said :(
Whis I could help you there but I have only used Vapers tec out of the ones you have listed.

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Can anyone share the difference between their Pharma & Chroma Nic bases?
They use a different extraction/purification process. The info is on the website in the the long descriptions of the products but it's pretty meaningless without a degree in chemistry. Chroma costs a little less and is probably fine. For longer storage times before use, Pharma is probably a little purer and may hold up longer. For real long term storage, though, their Nude Armor is best (and more expensive). If you're planning to use it soon, I'd go with Chroma. If you plan to store it in a freezer for some years, Nude Armor is your best choice.
No, definitely not.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I’ve been using heartland for the better part of 7 years now. Really good stuff

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I’ve been using heartland for the better part of 7 years now. Really good stuff
Everyone speaks well of Heartland and they have good prices. The consensus is that they're a great choice for immediate use or if you're going to decant the base into glass.
Nude Nic's Nude Armor costs more but comes packaged for long-term storage. That's their biggest advantage.
The advantage of River Supply Co. -- aka Nicotine River -- is that they offer a 250 mg/ml concentration. Great for saving freezer space but the nic is often somewhat oxidized on arrival (my one open jug of it is) and there have been a few horror stories of their nic arriving spoiled & unusable -- brown like weak coffee vs. the light amber of oxidized but still usable base. On the plus side, everyone says River Supply's customer service is great.
DIY Flavor Shack -- which is a supporter of VU -- also sells nic. I have a 1/2 liter of it; looks good but it went straight into the freezer and I haven't tried it.

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hello All. Been awhile since I posted. I am going to purchase some "Nude Armor" for better storage. Where is a good place to buy flavorings from different brands in the same place? Like Capella and TFA? Any ideas? Thank you in Advance.

CV :)

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey folks. Went to Vapers Tek website to order some nic this afternoon. Haven't ordered since last Black Friday. Found out they closed end of August. Not sure why they didn't send out emails to their customer list so we could get a last order in... =(

Anyway...

Just went to Nude Nic's site. Can anyone share the difference between their Pharma & Chroma Nic bases?

Trying to get an order in tonight...

Thanks!
Can not say but Nude is the only nic I have used. No not true in the beginning I purchased Totally Wicked nic, pg, vg, and flavors. They were eliminating all of their retail stores and stuff was super inexpensive. But yeah I do like the Nude. I do what little mixing I do with it and also add to purchased juice when I find it lacking. I have about 250ml in freezer for about 3 years. It has darkened but I do not notice any flavor changes.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hello All. Been awhile since I posted. I am going to purchase some "Nude Armor" for better storage. Where is a good place to buy flavorings from different brands in the same place? Like Capella and TFA? Any ideas? Thank you in Advance.

Heartland? Haven't shopped much, as I've been getting everything I need lately direct from TFA.

I got some nic from Heartland too, though Nude is my usual source. Haven't tried it yet, so I can't provide quality feedback on it.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

BullCityFlavors.com is my go to for flavors. They carry most of the flavor lines.
FlavorJungle.com carries a lot of flavors.
RiverSupply.com has a lot of flavors as well.
There are lots of flavor vendors out there. Those are the three I have used.

Cosmic

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Been very pleased with Heartland. Lately I;d been buying their house nic, and adding six boston round bottles with caps and that put me over the $50 mark, so shipping is then free. I just squeezed in an order with them 3 weeks ago. Nic was almost totally clear.

MrNiceVape

Member For 4 Years
Hello All -
New to DIY out of necessity (thanks PACT). Looking to buy 2 gallons of 100mg/ml nicotine for $400 or less. I had my eye on River Supply/Nicotine River and then last night their 25% off for Saint Patty's day sale, which meant 8 liters for $300. Woohoo. As I was going to check out though, I noticed the California Sin tax they collect, which dumped on over $100 in taxes. Ouch.

I'm still considering going through with the order with the logic that with their sale would save me $30 and add an additional 500 ml (only 7,570 ml in 2 gals) vs. if I had ordered 2 gallons on Tuesday before I knew about the Sin Tax, but I'm now rethinking if this is my best option. The other options I'm looking at is LNW at $319.98 for 2 gallons and $389.85 and Nude Nicotine Chroma (Classic not Nude Armor) for 15 500ml bottles. Neither of these options are collecting the CA Sin Tax, but I have reservations about the quality. I've heard that LNW nic can often come discolored and their product photo on the website looks awful (pinkish amber color). I've heard good things about Nude Nicotine's Nude Armor line, but also some posts where people talk about bad quality nic from them, which I assume is from the Classic line.

Are there other options that will be better for long-term freezer storage to last for 10+ years that don't break the bank too much? I could go as high as $500 if it was for a quality product. Does anyone know of any options I should be exploring or maybe some coupon codes that could bring more of the quality nicotine down to the $400-$500 range for 2 gallons or 7-8 liters?

Thanks much!

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
@MrNiceVape :
^ Free shipping at $50. The code VAPEMAG may still work for 5% off. Comes in plastic jugs -- For long-term storage, you'll need to decant to glass bottles w/ good caps, such as...

^ Costs more but comes in glass designed for long-term storage. My personal preference in for v.2 but that's just me. Don't know where you heard anything bad about the quality of their nic but all I've ever heard or experienced has been positive.

Some people have had bad experiences w/ River Supply's nic. I've used one bottle from them so far & it's been fine. It also comes in plastic jugs.

A pink hue mean some nitrogen has gotten into the bottle; it should be fine. Amber means oxygen has gotten into the bottle. Light amber should be fine but may be a little harsher. I've never experienced it but folks say that a brown-ish color like weak coffee means the nic is spoiled & shouldn't be used.

Last edited:

MrNiceVape

Member For 4 Years
@MrNiceVape :
^ Comes in plastic jugs -- For long-term storage, you'll need to decant to glass bottles w/ good caps, such as...

^ Costs more but comes in glass designed for long-term storage.
Heartland was on my list, but they are out of PG-based Nic. You make a good point about Nude Armor and the additional cost and hassle of rebottling. I have a $90 shopping cart with GlassBottleOutlet to do just this. Still $900 for 15 500ml bottles of Nude Armor V1 is a bit more than I'm able to spend right now. Do you happen to know of any working coupon codes for them?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
BullCityFlavors.com is my go to for flavors. They carry most of the flavor lines.

Will second Bull City for flavors. They even offer smaller "sampler" sized bottles of flavors. Find that can be handy when I just want to try one flavor out or have a little to mix with something else to test something.

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
River supply has 25% off Pur Nic salts, no code needed. $45 for a liter of 50/50 100mg “hit” nicotine salts. My favorite nicotine so I bought 2 more liters. My freezer is stuffed so I’m done stocking up, should have enough to last until my death, if I get down to half a liter without being on hospice I will chug it to ensure I have a lifetime left. This way I’m positive I’ll never need more nicotine, feels good, no worries. ✌🏼+❤️

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My freezer is stuffed so I’m done stocking up, should have enough to last until my death, if I get down to half a liter without being on hospice I will chug it to ensure I have a lifetime left.

I'll come distract the doctors, nurses, orderlies for you. Feel strongly people ought to respect other people's right to dignity in facing death.

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I'll come distract the doctors, nurses, orderlies for you. Feel strongly people ought to respect other people's right to dignity in facing death.
Thank you and if you are ready first, I’ll do the same for you. I also feel strongly about people’s right to die. If our furry family members get to a point where they can’t be helped, we do whats right and stop their pain. I don’t know why people don’t get the same respect, in most states anyway.

VU Sponsors