Become a Patron!

Help for a vaping crony looking to update my tank(s) and maybe mods, but hoping to keep it simple/ similar to what I have.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've been vaping since 2013, but have rarely bought new hardware, and nothing new at all in the last several years.

Can someone recommend a sturdy glass tank which accepts Aspire BVC coils, currently available for purchase online? I've been using an Aspire K1 3ml tank for a long time now, and would like to have a duplicate--or something comparable--for the day it gives up the ghost. It's around ten years old. The K1 is similar to the original protank mini in design, in case you're unfamiliar. I'm open to buying used hardware via VU, which I have done with good results in the past.

My new glass MTL tank would ideally have a 510 threaded "male" insertion, since I'm using Kanger Boxes as my mods.

AND/OR: I'm open to buying a new mod and MTL tank, too, but it's been so long since I bought new hardware I feel kind of at sea looking at all the new equipment. I definitely don't want anything disposable.

Any advice/ideas appreciated!

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Nautilus 3 , Nautilus 3S, Zelos X Kit

>Nautilus 3S and 1x21700 mod. There are tons of single 21700 mods, pick your pleasure. I just wouldn't smok.

Last edited:

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nautilus 3 , Nautilus 3S, Zelos X Kit

>Nautilus 3S and 1x21700 mod. There are tons of single 21700 mods, pick your pleasure. I just wouldn't smok.
Thanks VF. I have two or three old Nautilus (and Nautilus mini) tanks, too, and a lot of coils, but they each stopped working at one point or another. I'll try again with them, since there's nothing obviously wrong with them.

I haven't heard of a 21700 mod, but I'll look into it.
--> It's more a tank I'm in the market for at this moment, since my K-boxes work fine.

If you know of any more modern, durable, small (3-ish ml) glass tanks that would fit onto a K-Box, I'd be happy to check them out.

I'm so tired of futzing around to make my old stuff work, worrying I won't be able to vape. Maybe I'm asking for the earth, but I want something simple, reliable, re-usable, and that will work with the Aspire BVC coils - not the special Nautilus coils, but the coils I linked in my original post.

Newtsche

Member For 5 Years
How would you describe the problems you've had with your tanks?
I used much the same stuff as you. I've dropped rigs enough times some tanks have mechanical problems and even damaged pieces might be fixable. Maybe.

With your rig I'm guessing you are a mouth-to-lung vaper, looking for that throat hit.
K-Box using 18650's should serve you well. I've got a couple K-Boxes but prefer the eleaf Pico, a little less tall and marginally less likely to tip over. I use Aspire Triton mini and Nautilus Mini with the BVC coils.
Pretty much unchanged for many years, I started in 2014. FWIW I mix my own unflavored juice, big nic fan here.

I'll be watching this thread to see if you get some advice that would work for me too. I'm happy with what I've got but alternatives could be useful. I don't think we MTLers are a vanishing breed and wish the Aspire BVCs were more common. It's a great coil for us, reasonably priced and very effective.

Last edited:

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's been a while since I even tried to make one of the Nautilus work, but I think they just stopped making a connection. Like, I would try them every which way, with new parts and on different mods and they just didn't fire up. I have it in my head that I don't want to buy another because the last one this happened to was still very new when it stopped working. Now it's in a box in the closet that I never have the energy to pore through and try to figure out what's worth keeping and what's not. A few years ago I brought a few tanks to the local vape store to try to get a diagnosis and maybe a fix, but they were surprisingly unfamiliar with my set up. I think they had heard of Nautilus tanks or something, but it was what their grandpa vaped lol.

I agree about the BVCs - they are decent and much cheaper than any of the new ones I consider when I try to shop for a new setup online. I also used to have (and liked) a little eleaf mod - maybe 40 watts and 2 x 4 inches tall?

Did you mean to say MTLrs are a vanishing breed? I guess you're right based on the number of MTL tanks available on any given site. Or maybe the retail market is just focused on disposables for people like us. Recently, there was a single MTL tank available on central vapors--and it was out of stock.

I wish I had a personal shopper for vaping, basically. I used to have fun choosing and buying hardware and now I just want to not worry about it. Like, at least cigarettes were simple, you know?

So, Newtshe, are you a philosopher or a female salamander?

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's more a tank I'm in the market for at this moment, since my K-boxes work fine.
Just curious... which K boxes do you have? I have a Kbox mini 60 watt (stainless steel) and believe it or not, the original K box 40 watt (with the LEDs) LOL I love them both but the K box mini has issues with tanks that have short 510 (but most work fine)

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's very hard to help people that use old gear because while the coils used in the old tanks might still be made, no new tanks are being made for them.

I wish I had a personal shopper for vaping, basically.

I understand what it's like. Like when you haven't look at computers or smartphones for 5+ years, then you need a new one and you have no clue where to start. It sucks.

I can possibly help you as I use and have a lot of old gear, some that take the BVC coil so I know what it fits and what it doesn't fit. PM me if you'd like some 1 to 1 help. I love talking about old gear and I can possibly help you with getting what you need (no promises). I may even have new but "obsolete" gear in my own stash that you may like, but no guarantee there.

A few years ago I brought a few tanks to the local vape store to try to get a diagnosis and maybe a fix, but they were surprisingly unfamiliar with my set up.

Yup, 99% of today's vape shops have no idea about 510 gear as they sell mostly pod systems & disposables now and the people who work there never even used 510 gear. They have become largely worthless to us vapers who want to keep using 510 gear. 510 is slowly going away, and if the FDA has it;s way, 510 gear will become 100% illegal in the USA. As you can see, it's even hard to get help on a forum because even through 99% of us are still 510 users, most have moved on to newer gear (example BVC coil and Nautilus BVC are 2 different coils - not interchangeable).

Last edited:

VU Sponsors