Become a Patron!

Help.. Just Picked up Joyetech Cuboid W/ a Cubis Tank

So I just quit smoking and started vaping and I'm new to this whole experience. I started out with a Vaporesso Target 75 VTC and had no problems. Although one day driving I accidentally took a dry hit and went through the coil and couldnt find anywhere to get coils fast enough so ended up going to a local shop and purchasing A Horizontech Artic Tank which I loved. So i ordered the Joyetech Cuboid along with the Cubis tank to go with it because the leak proof aspect interested me, I got it in the mail today and primed the coil and let it sit and hooked it up and tried to vape off it and for some reason it tastes burnt. I'm still new to this and went to my local smoke vape shop to see if they could help me and they took some puffs and messed with the settings and said it tasted fine. Yet when I went to hit nothing but a burnt taste and I know nothing about the settings. So if someone could please give some suggestions on what I could do I would appreciate it. The thing works great with my Artic tank on power mode at 40-50 watts so atleast I have that for now.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Which coil are you using in the Cubis tank? Have you tried the Target tank on your Cuboid? Is it having the same issues? What settings are you using? Hope your not trying to use kanthal or ceramic coils in TC mode...

I haven't tried the target tank on the cuboid yet because I still need to order some new coils for the tank. I have not used TC mode yet because I'm not sure what settings I should be using at the moment. I have the BF SS316 1.0 ohm coil on it at the moment Its says 10-25w and I havent been over 20 watts with it. I've heard that stainless steel coils work best under TC but have not tried it. My Horizontech Artic tank works on the cuboid as long as the tank isn't fully screwed into the port. Although the cuboid is suppose to have a 510 spring loaded port, I wonder why if I screw the Artic tank in all the way it tells me to check my atomizer. As I said I'm a complete newbie at this. And this mod has me a little discouraged when it comes to the more technical aspects of it. Normally I'm very good at understanding any electronic devices.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't tried the target tank on the cuboid yet because I still need to order some new coils for the tank. I have not used TC mode yet because I'm not sure what settings I should be using at the moment. I have the BF SS316 1.0 ohm coil on it at the moment Its says 10-25w and I havent been over 20 watts with it. I've heard that stainless steel coils work best under TC but have not tried it. My Horizontech Artic tank works on the cuboid as long as the tank isn't fully screwed into the port. Although the cuboid is suppose to have a 510 spring loaded port, I wonder why if I screw the Artic tank in all the way it tells me to check my atomizer. As I said I'm a complete newbie at this. And this mod has me a little discouraged when it comes to the more technical aspects of it. Normally I'm very good at understanding any electronic devices.
Check this vid out, hopefully this will help...

VAPE ON

Model_A_Ford

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've gone through a few Cubis coils so far. All .5Ω coils

The first on
e was burn-o-matic. I was using an RY4 flavor, so I thought maybe that was the problem, but I don't know. I pulled the coilhead apart, it was burned like crazy.

The second on
e was flood-o-matic. It was impossible to use.

Third one is working good. I have a fruity flavor in it, I was paranoid about burning so I tri
ed to pick a non coil-gunking flavor. Broke in at about 17 watts and now have it at about 22. It's been working well for a few days. I tried it on temp control, but on evic vtc mini version 2.0 I had to crank it up to 540F to get it to vape right, so I don't really trust that setting and just use watt mode.

Yeah I hear you. I have discovered I like my coils at .5ohm cause it gives a better flavor and a stronger hit that I like. i burnt the .5 coil almost instantly, and then the second coil was the 1.0 that was flooded and now burnt. I havent tried the 1.5 cause honestly I'm kind of scared that I'm just going to screw that one up. So far I'm not to impressed with the cubis tank because its more for low wattage. If I would of known that before I probably would have saved my money. I like my Artic tank though and usually have it up to 45 watts. I'm not really understanding why the Horizontech Artic tank only works on the Cuboid if it's loose. I'm under the impression that the Cuboid has a spring loaded 510 thread so why when I put the Artic tank on and screw it all the way in does it tell me theres no atomizer?

I'm not really understanding why the Horizontech Artic tank only works on the Cuboid if it's loose.
I will answer this first...I have read the cubis also draws air from the 510 fitting area, so maybe the artic does the same. You will notice on the side top of the cuboid (where usb is) a small indent opening...for air flow...

This is my first official post and I'm a noob....so keep that in mind. I just got a new cuboid, cubis tanks, and on the suggestion from Whiskey, the Eleaf GS tank and the GS air coils at 1.5 ohms. First, as suggested above, youtube has some great videos, I found one that had a lot of good info with complete setup of both the cuboid and cubis. I to flooded my first coil attempt....but I cleaned out the tank and coil and it worked fine afterwards.

As far as the cubis coil SS316 at .5ohms, here is what I have gotten...set cuboid to SS316 mode, temp to 550 F, watts to 23-26. I closed the air flow...

I found the GS tank to be easier to hit for me, easier on the lungs, not as strong as the cubis...and the gs has better flavor...
The Cubis blows more smoke but is a little strong for me.
I also found I needed to cut the nic level in my juice with some vg as both were too strong at what I thought was a good nic level. (noob). I think the cubis in particular produces a stronger nic (maybe it's just a lung hit) than the GS...and I like the taste of the gs better....But I also think I should be able to dial the cubis into something I really like. It does not leak, no spits, and good clouds...

Hope this helps...

The above was my first post...and now I realize I'm in the "ask an expert"....so please forgive me and ignore my posting...
I'm sure you will get some expert advice....

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No way will we ignore you Watersport, welcome to VU, great seeing you posting!!!:)
Your post BTW gave great information on the tanks!!

I will answer this first...I have read the cubis also draws air from the 510 fitting area, so maybe the artic does the same. You will notice on the side top of the cuboid (where usb is) a small indent opening...for air flow...

This is my first official post and I'm a noob....so keep that in mind. I just got a new cuboid, cubis tanks, and on the suggestion from Whiskey, the Eleaf GS tank and the GS air coils at 1.5 ohms. First, as suggested above, youtube has some great videos, I found one that had a lot of good info with complete setup of both the cuboid and cubis. I to flooded my first coil attempt....but I cleaned out the tank and coil and it worked fine afterwards.

As far as the cubis coil SS316 at .5ohms, here is what I have gotten...set cuboid to SS316 mode, temp to 550 F, watts to 23-26. I closed the air flow...

I found the GS tank to be easier to hit for me, easier on the lungs, not as strong as the cubis...and the gs has better flavor...
The Cubis blows more smoke but is a little strong for me.
I also found I needed to cut the nic level in my juice with some vg as both were too strong at what I thought was a good nic level. (noob). I think the cubis in particular produces a stronger nic (maybe it's just a lung hit) than the GS...and I like the taste of the gs better....But I also think I should be able to dial the cubis into something I really like. It does not leak, no spits, and good clouds...

Hope this helps...

How did you clean out the coil. I'm a noob to when it comes to this stuff. And what's your suggestion on wattage and temp I should use for the 1.5 ohm coil that came with the cubis?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
10-4. Only tank Joyetech got right. Kind of...(coils, actually).

How did you clean out the coil. I'm a noob to when it comes to this stuff. And what's your suggestion on wattage and temp I should use for the 1.5 ohm coil that came with the cubis?

Check out the youtube
It's more informative than the other one posted.
I just wiped it off, then used canned air to blow it out...let it sit for a day...
Tried it today, coil read 1.6ohm, watts set to 16 to 18, air flow closed.

Not sure what the "contribution" was from the other post, probably doesn't even own one...but, hey, it keeps those posting numbers up...
Suggest you check out the Eleaf GS Tank with 1.5ohms coils (recommended by Whiskey).
I also suggest you spend a little time watching some videos and searching google...

Watersports

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The 1.5 coil is a Clapton coil, not a SS coil. I vape that 17-18 watts in power mode only (I believe it's not a TC coil, given the high ohm).

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Cuboid will not allow you to run wattage in TC. If it senses Kanthal it will auto switch back to power within 2 seconds. I do have a Cuboid, but I have never had the Cubis tank. But this will work for most tanks. I always take three or 4 good hits without hitting the power button whenever I've had the tank apart, or it is a new coil. I always but a little juice on the new coil before installing it. Don't worry about getting to much juice, you may taste a little juice first couple of hits, but it will burn off quickly. 17-18 watts you should be fine, coil was probably just not primed well at the start, and you scorched your cotton. If you have ever scorch your cotton, you can many times continue to taste where it burned, I've on occasion, pulled the coil, put it in a glass with a little vodka and sloshed it around for a few minutes to clean up the coil. Every coil takes a little getting used too, and where it performs best, start low and work your way up. We've all burned coils, I wouldn't change your coil until you figure out what settings you prefer, even if it meant tasting a little burnt while you figure out your settings.
Congratulations on quitting smoking.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Check out the youtube
It's more informative than the other one posted.
I just wiped it off, then used canned air to blow it out...let it sit for a day...
Tried it today, coil read 1.6ohm, watts set to 16 to 18, air flow closed.

Not sure what the "contribution" was from the other post, probably doesn't even own one...but, hey, it keeps those posting numbers up...
Suggest you check out the Eleaf GS Tank with 1.5ohms coils (recommended by Whiskey).
I also suggest you spend a little time watching some videos and searching google...

Watersports
Think in my opinion this reviewer Suck my PENIS is getting paid for positive reviews because I just did my review with giving it a thumbs down, and this tank SUCKS for a experienced vaper. For a newbie it may be OK because you can not lung inhale only mouth to lung with very restricted air flow.

12043078_10204784209394695_6842029929293877813_n.jpg

cascadian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I just quit smoking and started vaping and I'm new to this whole experience. I started out with a Vaporesso Target 75 VTC and had no problems. Although one day driving I accidentally took a dry hit and went through the coil and couldnt find anywhere to get coils fast enough so ended up going to a local shop and purchasing A Horizontech Artic Tank which I loved. So i ordered the Joyetech Cuboid along with the Cubis tank to go with it because the leak proof aspect interested me, I got it in the mail today and primed the coil and let it sit and hooked it up and tried to vape off it and for some reason it tastes burnt. I'm still new to this and went to my local smoke vape shop to see if they could help me and they took some puffs and messed with the settings and said it tasted fine. Yet when I went to hit nothing but a burnt taste and I know nothing about the settings. So if someone could please give some suggestions on what I could do I would appreciate it. The thing works great with my Artic tank on power mode at 40-50 watts so atleast I have that for now.
My recommendation would be to download and install the current update for your Cuboid. Put the Cuboid in "Smart" mode and try the Cubis tank again. It will never produce the amount of vapor that you get from the Target or Arctic tank, but it really isn't meant to. It is geared more toward the novice market looking for a trouble free entry level product. More toward the Kanger bundle crowd of consumers. In "Smart" mode the device will default to a power level that will provide a decent but flavorful vape with the .5 ohm coils and then just turn it up a little at a time to find the sweet spot. In SS TC mode you can get a little more out of the tank but it will require a bit of experimentation to get there. Without the update getting the Cubis to perform well is a chore.

BlownSilvy

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi, I'm new here but I have a solution to one of the problems. After reading through a few of these Cubis threads I decided to do a little bit of surgery. If you want to use your existing coil in TCR mode unscrew your chimney. On the bottom of the coil there's a round disk. Use a screwdriver and pop it out. This will eliminate the burnt taste from chain hitting but it'll gargle a lil bit. I used a pair of vise grips and a small file to doctor up that disk. Filed it down on one side and then the other side to stop that gargling. Popped it back in to that donut ring and it works perfectly on a 70/30 mix.

BlownSilvy

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm on TCR mode @ 500° and 35W on the slightly modified cubis SS316 .5Ohm coil. The TCR setting in the submenu is 150

Hi peoples! I'm new to the site.
I was following this thread because i just bought a cubis mini using the 0.5 coil and I was having the same issues with the spitting.
I tried everything here and on other forums until I just said F it! Then I removed the top wire mesh and got no spitting.
Don't know if the problem is solved for me yet (had to stop, getting dizzy from the nicotine) but I will defiantly try again tomorrow with a brand new coil.

Just an update..
Fail. New coil and still spitting, but not as bad.
Originally I was getting those big splashes that cooked the inside of my mouth. Now I'm getting little sprays of it. Still hot, still not desirable.

Soo.. I put a tip from a clearomiser on and WaaFerkinLaa! no spitting at all. (well technically there is but it's not big enough to travel up the tip)

Hope this helps.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm on TCR mode @ 500° and 35W on the slightly modified cubis SS316 .5Ohm coil. The TCR setting in the submenu is 150
150 TCR seems very high. I believe Joyetechs standard 316 TCR is 120. This from a different forum someone quoting an e-mail response from Joyetech.
"Joytech said so when asked:
"Many thanks for your email and the support of our product.
The default TCR of SS316 is 120.
Best wishes!
Candice
Joyetech Service" "

VU Sponsors