Become a Patron!

HELP!!! Need New Mini Mod and Maxi Flavor Tank!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Mellow Greetings All!

It's been Quite a while since I have needed to shop for a Mod and Tank Combo.

For the most part, I use single and double RDA's with Mesh Coils.

While out and about yesterday, a Mesh Coil decided its time had come and that I was done with vaping until I got home to repair it.

And before you even bother to go there, I know better than to leave home without backup.

Fortunately, I have been vaping at ZERO Nic for some time so I had no burgers just wants.

And I now find myself needing a new Mini Mod and Tank.

Here is what I want.

Mod: W
EXTREMELY RUGGED AND RELIABLE WITH A WELL SEALED CONNECTOR!

Must operate on a Single 18650 Battery (as I have plenty of them).

Between 60-80 WATTS. Don't Give a Fig about TC!!!

Instant Wattage/Heat Delivered to Coil

FAST ONBOARD CHARGER

VERY ECONOMICAL.

BOX MODS ONLY!!!

Ok, now I need a tank with PREMADE COILS!

First of all, I am after FLAVOR and could not give a fig about Vapor.

Easy to use TOP FILL!

Let's say 5ML Plus or Minus.

ECONOMICAL COILS THAT LAST!

Don't ask for much Do I?

Credit Card In Hand waiting for your responses!

Thanks Much In Advance,

Unc

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have no idea about a tank, but the VandyVape Jackaroo springs immediately to mind as ticking all your boxes for a mod. I don't have one, but I've seen nearly universal praise for pretty much everything you say you're looking for.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I have no idea about a tank, but the VandyVape Jackaroo springs immediately to mind as ticking all your boxes for a mod. I don't have one, but I've seen nearly universal praise for pretty everything you say you want in a mod.

Thanks! I am checking into it!

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I love my Jackaroo, but if you want 18650 compact try the old nunchaku or the obs cube x. I use a fireluke m on a nunchaku.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love my Jackaroo, but if you want 18650 compact try the old nunchaku or the obs cube x. I use a fireluke m on a nunchaku.
I have a couple Katanas which I thought of too, but his emphasis on ruggedness and a sealed 510 was what sent me to the Jackaroo. There's other IP67 mods out there, but one of the reviewers REALLY tore his up with water and torture tests and finally killed it, but it took ALOT. Maybe it was Daniel.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Learn something every day. I thought the Jackaroo was a dual-battery mod!

Don't have much to contribute except to say that with those vaping specs, I'd be happier with dual batteries or a 2x700, but that's just me.

The only single I can think of is the Aegis Solo. And being the backwards crazy person that I am, I'd put a Tobeco Super Tank on it. Great coils, inexpensive, last a really long time, have terrific flavor.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's a great mod. I love mine. The coils last a pretty good bit. I use mainly fruits in mine but for the last few tanks it's been a banana smoothie. I'd definitely recommend it it.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I was thinking the Aegis, I have one and love it but its limited by the 18650 regarding wattage and ohms. You can get higher amp batts but they dont last long as the mah is reduced. Unless there are some new 18650 battery types out there I dont know of?
My Innokin Oceanus with a single 20700 in it leaves the Solo for dead apart from the IP rating of the Aegis. Shame the Oceanus isnt IP rated.
The Jakaroo does sound like the best of both worlds doesn't it.
May see if there are any bargains going for it here myself.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

I just got a Cube X and it’s nice! I was using the regular Cubes but the X is nice for a single 18650 mod. And they’re pretty. I just wish they had them in resin. I’ve got two Nunchaku mods too.

Like you, I’m using the Fire Luke on the Cube or on the Nunchaku, and it rocks. They all go together so well.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Learn something every day. I thought the Jackaroo was a dual-battery mod!

Don't have much to contribute except to say that with those vaping specs, I'd be happier with dual batteries or a 2x700, but that's just me.

The only single I can think of is the Aegis Solo. And being the backwards crazy person that I am, I'd put a Tobeco Super Tank on it. Great coils, inexpensive, last a really long time, have terrific flavor.

The Tobeco takes plug n play coils?

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Jakaroo does sound like the best of both worlds doesn't it.
Of course everybody should buy what they think is best, after reading his post, the Jackaroo, which I still want myself, seemed like a good fit.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Of course everybody should buy what they think is best, after reading his post, the Jackaroo, which I still want myself, seemed like a good fit.
Hi, yeah it does. Checked here and they are either out of stock or silly high prices. Seems like a good buy from the site quoted on this thread. Unfortunately our dollar is right down and adding that adjustment with the shipping I'll pass. But for you guys in the US that is a very good buy.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

The Super Tank and Super Tank Mini use Atlantis-style coils. The Super Tank RTA is a Rebuildable.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Thanks for all the great help from the ever-dependable Vaping Underground Peanut Gallery!

Just a couple of notes I forgot to add.....

This does need to be a mini-mod as Ideally it will fit in a vest pocket or shirt pocket.

Since I have already made the jump to ZERO NIC E-Liquid that I mix to be 50/50 I don't vape anywhere near as much as I used to and normally at 35 Watts.

As it will be my out of the house and on the road mod, I will always have a spare battery with me and when I am in the car I will be using it in Passthrough mode.

And now that I think of it, I have upgraded my cell phone to have an aftermarket clip-on battery pack so I can use that if need be!

So far, the Supertank is in the lead as it already has two votes.

Mod is still up in the air but I am kinda leaning toward the Vapito Wall Crawler mod as it has all the features I need and in a compact size. So if you fine folk have a mod that you know and love with a similar footprint by all means let me know about it!

So far, I am leaning toward the

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
A25C9857-8F71-4ACB-9523-8DFD72C65CF4.jpeg

Somebody mention Aegis and a SuperTank? (25mm)
I'm a big fan of Atlantis coils. Paired with a liquid that doesn't leave a lot burnt residue (i.e. Higgy's, Verde Valley,....), they last a long time.
Of all of the tanks that use Atlantis coils (all hail @georgemeadal), I like the Tobeco SuperTank and the 25mm. Top fill is a plus.
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/aspire-atlantis-coil-fits.110143/

Only con is that no matter what color you get, in the end, they're all "stainless steel".
Lookin' at you stupid gunmetal.....

Just to throw out another option.....
The Veco One and Veco One Plus tanks from Vaporesso have a good airflow system that is a little better for taste than the Atlantis tanks.
They use the EUC coils and, with that funky adapter, you can use the coils in Atlantis styled tanks; EUCs are also affordable.

1342A2BA-62BE-4040-997F-DE6C4DC5FEBB.jpeg

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Thanks for all the great help from the ever-dependable Vaping Underground Peanut Gallery!

This does need to be a mini-mod as Ideally it will fit in a vest pocket or shirt pocket.

Since I have already made the jump to ZERO NIC E-Liquid that I mix to be 50/50 I don't vape anywhere near as much as I used to and normally at 35 Watts.

As it will be my out of the house and on the road mod, I will always have a spare battery with me and when I am in the car I will be using it in Passthrough mode.

And now that I think of it, I have upgraded my cell phone to have an aftermarket clip-on battery pack so I can use that if need be!

Mod is still up in the air but I am kinda leaning toward the Vapito Wall Crawler mod as it has all the features I need and in a compact size. So if you fine folk have a mod that you know and love with a similar footprint by all means let me know about it!

I vote for the Tobeco Super Mini Tank, too. It delivers some wonderful flavor. It really fits well with a Pico 75 as it sits lower than the battery cap. Looks like one unit. And, if your MTL, don't forget the Nautilus Mini. It looks awesome on top of a Tiny Target Mini.

I had a Air 50. That thing is nearly the size of match box. Sold it last week.

I DO have a Silver SMY Mini 75W. 3.75" tall, 1.5" wide and 23mm thick. Takes 1 18650. Jai loves his. And he doesn't love much.

And, there is the Puxos single battery mods. Extremily lightweight, panels are of a light plastic with I think fiberglass? Very nice design panels or you can opt for the new plain metal plates sold separately. 22mm, about the same size as the SMY. Super light weight.

All new. See my posts under my sig below.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

Yep it does....

Actually the reason why I need to go backward in time.

At home, I use larger mods and RBA Mesh Tanks.

FYI, I am out on the road and my Mesh goes out.

Next time I pop a coil while out and about, I just want the chance to dig in my pocket, replace the old coil with a new one and away I go!

Plus for me, making and installing a mesh wick is a huge PITA!

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
The Super Tank and Super Tank Mini use Atlantis-style coils. The Super Tank RTA is a Rebuildable.

Thanks, Nada. I’ll try to search one out and the Atlantis coils, too. I feel like I’m playing catch up since I was broke for so long, at the worst time it seems.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

I got a teeny tiny Snow Wolf Baby mod, but it’s internal battery. But for outside, it’s very portable and super pretty. I have the Mini SW but haven’t used the Baby yet. It seems to want a small Naut Mini type of tank. It’s almost pod sized teeny.

For an ultra portable beautiful and unique mod, that one’s it.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yep it does....

Actually the reason why I need to go backward in time.

At home, I use larger mods and RBA Mesh Tanks.

FYI, I am out on the road and my Mesh goes out.

Next time I pop a coil while out and about, I just want the chance to dig in my pocket, replace the old coil with a new one and away I go!

Plus for me, making and installing a mesh wick is a huge PITA!

I recommended a Snow Wolf Baby to you for out and about, even though it’s internal cell. It’s tiny but weighty. If you’ll be using a Naut Mini sized tank on it, it would look really pretty.

It has a wolf’s head on it. Not a sticker. A 3D wolf’s head. Okay, I think it rocks...

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
And the votes + order is in :vino:

For the Mod......

https://www.ivapesupply.com/ivapesupply/vaptio-wall-crawler-kit-with-frogman-tank.html

For The Tank....

https://www.ivapesupply.com/ivapesupply/tobeco-super-tank-25mm.html

And coils of course.......

https://www.ivapesupply.com/ivapesupply/super-tank-coil.html

With a Discount Code my Total including 2 packs of replacement coils and $&H is about is just about $51

The only thing that needed to be done is to stalk the Mail Chick!:vapemail:

So what’s the discount code, Uncle RJ? Just in case I want a STM?

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Before I forget, as a very small way of thanking this group for your most kind help, if you like I will send you all an actual photo of myself as a reward.

OR....
Oh ye of much faith in Chinese shipping!

Actually, if you are not waiting for a new toy to arrive and you really think about it, China $&H is pretty amazing!

First you need to consider how many Holidays they have.

And don't make anything about the stuff hiding from you.

And how freaking long your package waits in US Customs.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
So what’s the discount code, Uncle RJ? Just in case I want a STM?

https://cheapvaping.deals/vaptio-wall-crawler-80w-box-mod

This shows the codes. Be advised that those are for kits even though the first one is supposed to be mod only it reads for the kit.

BTW, I had an early (V1.0) of the Wall-Crawler mod that had been sent to me for review. And I was really digging on it. Every feature worked and worked well for such a small thing.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I recommended a Snow Wolf Baby to you for out and about, even though it’s internal cell. It’s tiny but weighty. If you’ll be using a Naut Mini sized tank on it, it would look really pretty.

It has a wolf’s head on it. Not a sticker. A 3D wolf’s head. Okay, I think it rocks...

Thanks for the info!

Sadly, I have to tell you all that I am a Bigot when it comes to model with internal cells, color me gone.

I NEED to be able to swap out the batteries and when the cell finally dies the whole thing goes to a land fill.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Thanks, Nada. I’ll try to search one out and the Atlantis coils, too. I feel like I’m playing catch up since I was broke for so long, at the worst time it seems.

Sadly, I am playing catch up myself after breaking my back.

This is why I am grateful to all of you for your suggestions!

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I vote for the Tobeco Super Mini Tank, too. It delivers some wonderful flavor. It really fits well with a Pico 75 as it sits lower than the battery cap. Looks like one unit. And, if your MTL, don't forget the Nautilus Mini. It looks awesome on top of a Tiny Target Mini.

I had a Air 50. That thing is nearly the size of match box. Sold it last week.

I DO have a Silver SMY Mini 75W. 3.75" tall, 1.5" wide and 23mm thick. Takes 1 18650. Jai loves his. And he doesn't love much.

And, there is the Puxos single battery mods. Extremily lightweight, panels are of a light plastic with I think fiberglass? Very nice design panels or you can opt for the new plain metal plates sold separately. 22mm, about the same size as the SMY. Super light weight.

All new. See my posts under my sig below.

Yep, you get the drift of what I want.

Something that does it all in a small chassis and can easily get used as a stealth mod.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Before I forget, as a very small way of thanking this group for your most kind help, if you like I will send you all an actual photo of myself as a reward.

OR....

Actually, if you are not waiting for a new toy to arrive and you really think about it, China $&H is pretty amazing!

First you need to consider how many Holidays they have.

And don't make anything about the stuff hiding from you.

And how freaking long your package waits in US Customs.

I paid $15, so I wasn’t thrilled. But I couldn’t find what I wanted anywhere else. I missed out on a lot.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Sadly, I am playing catch up myself after breaking my back.

This is why I am grateful to all of you for your suggestions!

Well, I got two Snow Wolf Minis that take 21700 cells. It’s so gorgeous!! It sucked with the 18650 adapter, but the 21700 is fine. I think Sigelei makes these mods, but it’s called Snow Wolf for some reason.

For beaters. I’ve got Aegis Solos and Cube X mods.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
And now for the rest of the story....

I placed my order with IVS Thursday late afternoon, quickly received an order confirmation and what I was told was a USPS tracking number and as this was Memorial Day Weekend, projected delivery was for the following Wednesday.

About Noon Sunday, there is a knock at my door and it is FEDX with my Vapemail.

And then I went to wash out the Supertank (thanks for the votes) but sadly, it had been assembled and tightened by a freaking Gorilla so out come the pliers.

Washed Tank, dried, filled, and placed on top of my new Web Crawler, and I was really impressed by the flavor!

Now I can't wait for the Black Death to be over so I can do some Stealth Vaping!

Meanwhile, I mat look into the Snow Wolf and the Jackarroo mods.

Thanks for all the help!

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
And now for the rest of the story....

I placed my order with IVS Thursday late afternoon, quickly received an order confirmation and what I was told was a USPS tracking number and as this was Memorial Day Weekend, projected delivery was for the following Wednesday.

About Noon Sunday, there is a knock at my door and it is FEDX with my Vapemail.

And then I went to wash out the Supertank (thanks for the votes) but sadly, it had been assembled and tightened by a freaking Gorilla so out come the pliers.

Washed Tank, dried, filled, and placed on top of my new Web Crawler, and I was really impressed by the flavor!

Now I can't wait for the Black Death to be over so I can do some Stealth Vaping!

Meanwhile, I mat look into the Snow Wolf and the Jackarroo mods.

Thanks for all the help!

A tip on the Super Tank: Use the Allen Key and put it through the airflow holes as leverage. Twist it and the base comes off. :D

Edit: I have a red ridge Jackaroo coming but it's MIA from China. USPS is waiting for it. $20 if you want it. Just sayin'.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Sold with Thanks Miss Trixy!

PM Sent

Go back to an old Kylin Mini for MAX Flavor! The key is wicking tips from King Pin & low low watts but sub-ohm. I have 3 that sat on the shelf for 2 1/2 years. Now my main tanks after revival. Best flavor ever & with proper wicking, no leaks! [9+/10]. Lots of waste for years. Old is Good!

VU Sponsors