Become a Patron!

Help Needed Pic Provided

Hi

Just Bought This charger and It took a few mins to get the hang of installing batteries without too much rubbing. I was trying to remove the right one and my nail although cut short poked the right battery.

There are a minute dent and a tiny peal near the top but the wrap isn't revealing anything silver grey.

Can I still use it? Thanks, guys please any answers come from an experienced user many thanks.

Screen Shot 2018-07-06 at 23.34.37.png shreen

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Even tho I am not seeing a tear either I wouldn't use the battery until I wrapped it. Are those button tops? What are you using the batteries for?

PS Welcome to VU.:wave:

Even tho I am not seeing a tear either I wouldn't use the battery until I wrapped it. Are those button tops? What are you using the batteries for?

PS Welcome to VU.:wave:
Hi Thanks

Not sure what you mean by wrap....or button tops they are 1865 Samsung cells for a wesmic mod. 12 am here in the UK and I'm kinda stressed
and really need to use this vape will be up most of the night. I will buy some new ones tomorrow. :) hope it shouldnt be too much of a prob to use it tonight *I Hope* :)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
From what I see in your picture it appears you put a slight depression in the wrap on the battery which since it isn't a cut and no metal is exposed you should be perfectly safe In My Opinion.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
button top.jpg the one on the left is a button top. The other is a flat top which is ideally what we use in our devices for vaping. What does the top of your battery look like?

From what I see in your picture it appears you put a slight depression in the wrap on the battery which since it isn't a cut and no metal is exposed you should be perfectly safe In My Opinion.
Thanks, Steve

Yeah, that would describe it to the point its definitely a depression rather than a cut. :)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, that would describe it to the point its definitely a depression rather than a cut. :)

Yes from what I can see I can say what I did but I don't have it in my hands to inspect. Good pictures and I was able to blow it up for a better looky look.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And you are very welcome~!

Plus Welcome to the Vaping Underground~! I hope you enjoy your stay....................

much appreciated guys and thank you for replying to me. It's definitely reassuring to know things would appear to be in order for normal use.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
much appreciated guys and thank you for replying to me. It's definitely reassuring to know things would appear to be in order for normal use.

If you are ever in a pinch, you can use electrical tape to cover any part of the battery wrap that tears and exposes metal that should not be uncovered

Should not be used long term, but is okay in a pinch on a regulated mod

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Check out wrapping tutorials on YouTube if you ever do damage a wrap badly, wraps can be gotten for like 10 wraps/1$, super easy using a hair dryer and way cheaper than buying new batteries. Good to have some spare insulator rings for flat tops on hand as well being they are very important, but can be reused in most cases.

I did come across this technique while browsing the inter-web tonight. It felt out of my depth and didn't occur to look it up on youtube.

As I don't have any Electrical tape handy and no spare cells I've decided not to use them. It's because I noticed a slight peal very small but its there.
And possibly showing some silver. Its micro but again I'm not comfortable. Having said that this only occurred with nails that were cut. Gona be a bit tricky getting through till this morning but better be safe here I think.

Definitely gonna look wrapping up on youtube and carrying electrical tap at home from now with a few spare cells even. :)

I'm the type of person that will go into detail when explaining something. So, for example, my area is computing. I always think its best to go into depth easy with beginners and in-depth with more experienced users but nonetheless not missing a single important point ( like the dos and donts for example). I find people will retain information much better and won't need reminding that often across the majority

IM extreemly alarmed at how much is not covered in regard to electrical safety in the vape stores. I've been to a fair few and nothing is ever mentioned.
It's very alarming since things can potentially catastrophic. I'm just glad to have picked up enough hopefully to enjoy my vaping. I really wanna shake a stick at these venders that miss this fundamental point.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors