Become a Patron!

HELP! w/ Aspire Quest Mini Kit

williamevincent

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello, guys!

First time poster here... Apologies if this is in the wrong place, but I was hoping to pick your brains.

I stopped smoking just over 4 months ago and switched to vaping. I started with the Aspire Premium Starter Kit: http://www.vapeclub.co.uk/vape-club...mium-starter-kit-nautilus-mini-and-cf-vv.html

As time went on, I became unsatisfied with the hits I was getting and found the device to be a little flimsy.

I've just bought an Aspire Quest Mini Kit (http://www.vapeclub.co.uk/vape-club-electronic-cigarette-starter-kits/aspire-odyssey-mini-kit.html) after using friends devices that are similar. I'm getting dry hits and a burnt taste fairly regularly. I'm using the preinstalled 1.8 ohm Clapton Coil in between 10 and 14 watts. I've adjusted the airholes to varying degrees of success.

I wondering if I'm making any obvious mistakes? I'd appreciate any help or advice you can offer. As I said earlier, I'm still very much new to vaping, so please don't hesitate in simplifying any help as my knowledge is somewhat basic.

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas!

WEV.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Have you primed the coil and wicking material prior to using it in the Triton?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
You prime by dripping a few drops of your e-liquid on the coil's wicking material. After that, you reassemble the tank and fill it up. I usually let it sit for several Minutes after that as well.

williamevincent

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You prime by dripping a few drops of your e-liquid on the coil's wicking material. After that, you reassemble the tank and fill it up. I usually let it sit for several Minutes after that as well.
I've given that a go, if that wasn't done at first is it likely to be fine to continue or have I ruined the coil do you think?

Are my watt settings correct in your opinion?

Thank you so much for the prompt responses.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I've given that a go, if that wasn't done at first is it likely to be fine to continue or have I ruined the coil do you think?

Are my watt settings correct in your opinion?

Thank you so much for the prompt responses.
If you're lucky, you can still use the coil. However, if the burned taste persists, you'll have to replace it with a new (primed :)) coil.
The Watt setting depends on your coil, e-liquid, and personal preference. You'll have to find the sweet spot. Start at a lower Watt setting, and increment as needed. When you start to get a burned taste, dial it down to the prior setting.

williamevincent

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you're lucky, you can still use the coil. However, if the burned taste persists, you'll have to replace it with a new (primed :)) coil.
The Watt setting depends on your coil, e-liquid, and personal preference. You'll have to find the sweet spot. Start at a lower Watt setting, and increment as needed. When you start to get a burned taste, dial it down to the prior setting.

Got it!

How would I go about using the other coils that were included in the kit? I'm totally clueless on the Ka Ni Ti stuff. I'll persist with this, but may need to use one of the others until I can replace the pre-installed coil.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Got it!

How would I go about using the other coils that were included in the kit? I'm totally clueless on the Ka Ni Ti stuff. I'll persist with this, but may need to use one of the others until I can replace the pre-installed coil.
You never took the tank apart? The coil head is screwed into the bottom part of the tank. Therefore, in order to replace it, you unscrew the old coil head, and screw in the new.
I used your provided link as a reference, since I don't own the Aspire Quest Mini kit. I do own a Triton RTA though. With your kit you have one 1.2 Ohm coil with Kanthal wire, and another 0.15 Ohm Ni200 coil. The 1.2 Ohm coil can be used in power/watt mode only. The 0.15 Ohm Ni200 coil in Temperature control (TC) for Nickel only.
I assume, you never used TC mode. Most devices have two settings, one for the Temperature, the other for power (Watt or Joule). You set the temperature to where you like it to be at. As for the power, you can look at it as to how quickly it should reach the temperature. Just like in Power mode, you'll have to find the sweet spot, by experimenting with the settings.

Reactions: Ela

williamevincent

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You never took the tank apart? The coil head is screwed into the bottom part of the tank. Therefore, in order to replace it, you unscrew the old coil head, and screw in the new.
I used your provided link as a reference, since I don't own the Aspire Quest Mini kit. I do own a Triton RTA though. With your kit you have one 1.2 Ohm coil with Kanthal wire, and another 0.15 Ohm Ni200 coil. The 1.2 Ohm coil can be used in power/watt mode only. The 0.15 Ohm Ni200 coil in Temperature control (TC) for Nickel only.
I assume, you never used TC mode. Most devices have two settings, one for the Temperature, the other for power (Watt or Joule). You set the temperature to where you like it to be at. As for the power, you can look at it as to how quickly it should reach the temperature. Just like in Power mode, you'll have to find the sweet spot, by experimenting with the settings.
I know how to change it, sorry... I meant I hadn't used different types or modes before. I'll have a play around and let you know how I get on. Thanks again!

VU Sponsors