Become a Patron!

Help with a coil calculation

R.Savage

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey peeps. I'm am looking for some assistance in a coil calculation . I'm not very good with steam engine.

The coil set is a jaugernut base coil.

The cores are 2 x twin twisted 32 awg n80
Wrapped with a .5x .1mm ribbon n80

Will be going into a goon rda. A mech single battery mod

Battery samsung 20s 18650

I'm thinking 5 wraps at 2.5 mm ID.

What would be the resistance, and wattage at 4.2v?

Would this be a quick ramp up?

Or do the outer core with a 28 awg n80.

Thoughts?

I'm looking for a .143 to .147 resistance for a dual coil setup.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

R.Savage

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well an update. I have to rethink my strategy.

N80 is way to springy, it kinked constantly. Broke the wire twice. It did not work out very well

I will have to revisit this. With the wire I had. I tried to make a coil. It would not hold its shape.

32 awg kanthal wire I will try next.

sr20vet

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I use an app called vape tool pro which is a paid version of vape tool. You can find it on Aptoide. Has a lot of useful things to help with coil building, diy juice, battery info etc. May want to look into it.
4aa155f9483a6dbd6607d3d4017f148a.jpg

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just saw this and was going to recommend vape tool as well. I use the pro version but for what you need the free will be Ok. Easy to use.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use an app called vape tool pro which is a paid version of vape tool. You can find it on Aptoide. Has a lot of useful things to help with coil building, diy juice, battery info etc. May want to look into it.
4aa155f9483a6dbd6607d3d4017f148a.jpg

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk
It's actually back on Google Play now he got all that sorted out

R.Savage

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had the old vape tool and was great. The new one is harder to navigate around I find. I couldn't figure out how to do the build I wanted to get the correct information.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So you want a juggernaut but intead of the Clapton core you wanna do twisted wire? I always had an issue with trying to get the ohms right with twisted wire. You have to get the pitch measured correctly

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's for just the dual coil twisted 32n80.which is going to be pretty much the ohm. The ribbon isn't going to lower it much. As the core is the main material for the ohms. Even with Claptons and stuff the wrap wire doesn't change the resistance much even by goi g from 36g to 40g. May just be a trial and error thing for what works for you. Hope that helped and I'm not just rambling. Lol
564a91c37615a3588b19ce9510653d3c.jpg
4ea01b03ba1b1f72e1e973b84b89a657.jpg

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The springiness can be tamed by moving a so-called torch lighter, or jet lighter along your finished strand before you coil it up. These types of lighters can be had for less than $10 at supply stores, usually they are refillable by using a separately sold canister of butane. (My canister came with a complete set of all different little nozzle adapter pieces). Switching to KA1 will increase the ramp up time too much and/or will increase the coil resistance too much, at least IMO usually, albeit it simply depends on what exactly you are looking for. As for calculating the wattage, see my post here:

http://vapingunderground.com/thread...or-or-will-i-ever-use-it.494028/#post-2578155

The DC IR of the Samsung 20S is 13.5mOhms.

VU Sponsors