Become a Patron!

Help with BP Mods Pioneer DOTRBA for DOTAIO

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi guys, so strange. I just got the Dotmod DOTAIO v2 & the Pioneer DOTRBA & I have a Nichrome 2.5mm coil .70 ohms & when I install it into the Dotmod it won’t fire & is reading “overload”.

I took everything apart, made sure the coil wasn’t touching the chimney etc. I took the rba off & put on a regular mod & it fires & vapes fine albeit with the drip tip just on top of the boro. So there isn’t a short.

I have examined the exploded view of all the parts on the DOTRBA & everything is in place except part #10 which is the deck base gasket. There was no deck base gasket when I opened the package. There are spares in the package called #10 & #11. But neither of the gaskets will fit on the deck base.

so… the Dotmod works with the included tank & stock coil…

and the DOTRBA works on a regular mod but not installed with the Dotmod v2.

I have contacted VaporDNA where I purchased they wanted a written explanation & a video. I have provided both.

In the meantime if anyone might have an idea what is going on, please let me know.

Thanks!

Last edited:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Oh no- I have the regular OG Dotmod AIO ( I can't set the wattage on mine) and am using the Pioneer Insider RBA for dot and it works ok for me. I need to change the coil on my Insider, so not sure on the gasket thing or what coil I am using. Strange the RBA works except on the Dotmod V2. Maybe a problem with the Dotmod?

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT

Grim Green has abetter one but it is age restricted and won't show here

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh no- I have the regular OG Dotmod AIO ( I can't set the wattage on mine) and am using the Pioneer Insider RBA for dot and it works ok for me. I need to change the coil on my Insider, so not sure on the gasket thing or what coil I am using. Strange the RBA works except on the Dotmod V2. Maybe a problem with the Dotmod?
No cuz the Dotmod works with the stock tank & coil. And yes, the rba works on a regular mod so no shorts & i can vape it.

Let me know when you change the coil if you see a gasket on the deck base.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I just did a build on my Insider for Dot with a Demon Killer coil 0.36 Quad Coil 2.5 id in Kanthal
There is a rubber gasket around the base of the deck, nearer the neck and another, and another inside around the metal piece before you snap in the lower piece, hard to see it. I took pictures and this is firing on my Dot AIO. I took some pictures, sorry about my crappy cell phone camera- I get a new phone next week.
Maybe try a different coil?
There is a gasket here

20221216_174712.jpg

And here 20221216_174937.jpg

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Good thing I have my new clippers- you really need to get in tight to cut those legs.
My Dot was reading short at 1st- I took the RBA out, tapped it on the counter and now it reads fine- weird huh? Sure didn't want to take it apart as it was full of liquid.
Under the SN 5291 is the other gasket, kind of hard to see

20221216_174344.jpg

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just did a build on my Insider for Dot with a Demon Killer coil 0.36 Quad Coil 2.5 id in Kanthal
There is a rubber gasket around the base of the deck, nearer the neck and another, and another inside around the metal piece before you snap in the lower piece, hard to see it. I took pictures and this is firing on my Dot AIO. I took some pictures, sorry about my crappy cell phone camera- I get a new phone next week.
Maybe try a different coil?
There is a gasket here

View attachment 200248

And here View attachment 200249
Thanks for the pics but the manual states this:
0543B7EC-E5A7-42BD-A96E-6023F24BD351.jpeg
That gasket #10 should go where I outlined in blue on the deck cover.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
The part of the RBA that reads BPMods is facing front and the glass has the fill hole plug facing front, only way I can get my RBA to fit with the plug side facing front.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good thing I have my new clippers- you really need to get in tight to cut those legs.
My Dot was reading short at 1st- I took the RBA out, tapped it on the counter and now it reads fine- weird huh? Sure didn't want to take it apart as it was full of liquid.
Under the SN 5291 is the other gasket, kind of hard to see

View attachment 200250
Yes mine has the gasket there too.
image.jpg

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The part of the RBA that reads BPMods is facing front and the glass has the fill hole plug facing front, only way I can get my RBA to fit with the plug side facing front.
Mine fits either way with the BPMods facing front or back of the fill plug.

I’ve rebuilt it twice. 1st time with a 3mm coil & 2nd time with a 2.5mm coil thinking the 1st coil was too big.

And yes I was very careful to cut off the legs flush to the build deck.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
It must be something going on with the Dot, weird that it reads the coil and won't fire.
I see the RBA in the mod- it looks like mine. Weird it won't fire- with that overload warning, yes contact Vapor DNA- show them your pics, gotta be something going on with the mod.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It must be something going on with the Dot, weird that it reads the coil and won't fire.
I see the RBA in the mod- it looks like mine. Weird it won't fire- with that overload warning, yes contact Vapor DNA- show them your pics, gotta be something going on with the mod.
I’ve sent them 3 videos & verbally explained what was going on at 12:30p they haven’t responded back to me yet.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I am watching videos on the Dotmod V2- they have theirs all set to Auto- did you try that, maybe the setting? Yours is in PM

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think I figured it out. It’s the Dotmod AIO v2 that is the problem.

Don’t know why it didn’t work this morning. But now it will fire in BP (bypass) mode but not in PM - (wattage) mode or in Auto mode.

I’ve updated my email to VaporDna but I won’t get an answer probably until Monday.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
well at least it is working in BP mode- ugh! Yes you may not hear from them until Monday? Did you try their FB page if they have one? You are no newbie to this so I am sure it was built OK.
Yes the Insider looks like mine- I think all is OK with yours, something must be going on with the mod.

Last edited:

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No I didn’t try FB. But this morning I called the phone # on my packing slip & it was a recording & I left a message. Which they did respond via email asking me to detail the issue & a vid if possible.

I also messaged them via their website. & I have received 2 email responses that they have received my message lol! Pretty much wait your turn lol!

But at least they heard the voice message & responded via email.

They used to have a phone # for customer service & you could call & speak to them directly but apparently not anymore.

of course my luck, what a pain!!!!

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
It is weird that it works OK with your factory coil and not working right with the BP Insider. Is it vaping OK in bypass mode?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
No I didn’t try FB. But this morning I called the phone # on my packing slip & it was a recording & I left a message. Which they did respond via email asking me to detail the issue & a vid if possible.

I also messaged them via their website. & I have received 2 email responses that they have received my message lol! Pretty much wait your turn lol!

But at least they heard the voice message & responded via email.

They used to have a phone # for customer service & you could call & speak to them directly but apparently not anymore.

of course my luck, what a pain!!!!

Would there be any way that the RBA isn't making good contact on both the bottom and top to complete the electrical circuit? No, it wouldn't be that. How about a stray piece of wire or something loose in the RBA?

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It is weird that it works OK with your factory coil and not working right with the BP Insider. Is it vaping OK in bypass mode?
Weird indeed. Yes it vapes fine in bypass mode but not in wattage or auto mode. According to the manual “overload” means there’s short in the coil. But apparently that’s not totally correct as it does work fine in bypass mode.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Would there be any way that the RBA isn't making good contact on both the bottom and top to complete the electrical circuit? No, it wouldn't be that. How about a stray piece of wire or something loose in the RBA?
No cuz after trying everything all day I found out that it does work in bypass mode at 7:00p when I posted my discovery.

Very strange indeed.

VU Sponsors