Become a Patron!

Help with Tank/Flavor Prodution

So need some help. Been vaping 10 years, got off of 2 packs a day. I am a mixture of mtl and dtl. Now into berry juices, 3 mgs. I normally vape a Zenith Krom-a 1.6 ohms at 10 watts. I am not getting taste anymore and the coils are not lasting. Curious of what tanks/coil ohms and watts to vape at for taste. I switch between flavors so would need 2 tanks and don't want to break the bank. Oh, and I am not a cloud chaser. I have been looking at the Voopoo PNP. TIA.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So need some help. Been vaping 10 years, got off of 2 packs a day. I am a mixture of mtl and dtl. Now into berry juices, 3 mgs. I normally vape a Zenith Krom-a 1.6 ohms at 10 watts. I am not getting taste anymore and the coils are not lasting. Curious of what tanks/coil ohms and watts to vape at for taste. I switch between flavors so would need 2 tanks and don't want to break the bank. Oh, and I am not a cloud chaser. I have been looking at the Voopoo PNP. TIA.

If you like this tank you might want to contact Innokin support. You can ask them if they have an RBA style coil assembly for the Krom Z-A tank.

<! -- Example -->

Your email address: "[email protected]"
Subject: "Krom Z - A RBA"
Description: "Can you please point to me where to buy an RBA deck for the Krom Z - A tank? I think this may aid in getting better flavor. Thank you."

>! -- / Example --<

Then, if you take just a bit you can learn to build your own coil/s. The coil it uses standard is Kanthal and it may be hindering flavor. You could try Stainless Steel or NiChrome instead in an RBA.

Not really read much on the VooPoo PNP tanks. Then, I use mostly RDAs not tanks. One tank I've heard a lot of good on recently though is a Fireluke. They seem keen to replace the old Nautilus tanks.

Far as wattage goes, I use mostly mechanical or mosfet mods. Most of these might see 28 watts max with an average of about 23 watts. I get decent flavor and modest clouds. I'm not one to chase either. Happy getting middle of the road. :)

Last edited:

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I think OP means a Zenith tank (takes Z coils... many to choose from) and a Kroma A mod.
@Mark Zullo , since you seem to already have a Zenith tank (original I assume) consider also getting a Zenith 2 (not the pro) It has better airflow than the original so you could try more RDL coils (restricted DL) I have the Zlide tank (similar to the Zenith but less airflow... I fixed that with a drill bit LOL) Anyway, I also have the Kroma-Z (it's what is known as a "pod/mod") It came with two Z coils (0.8 for MTL and a 0.3 for DTL) I also use the 0.8 coils in my Zlide. The Zenith 2 should be great with those 0.3 ohm coils.
I am not aware of any RBA for the Zenith (or any device that uses Z coils) Like any other tank/coil, you have to try different power settings (watts) Also, it can depend on the juice (not just the flavor but more about the VG/PG ratio) All "drop-in" coils will lose flavor after awhile... you may have to just get used to changing them more often. The VooPoo PNP coils are popular (haven't tried one myself) but why not stick to the same brand (Innokin) so you don't have to buy different coils (but will have two tanks with different flavors... I switch up too and having two is great) Another option is to get a Kroma-Z pod mod (also uses the same Z coils) You can get extra pods too and they are super easy to switch up. Innokin also has a Z coil (0.45 ohm plex mesh... or something like that) that is highly rated. Here's a chart (if you can read it) showing the many Z coils available:
1646697487643.jpeg
It doesn't show the 0.3 ohm coil (newer since this chart was made) It's my favorite for restricted DL

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Maybe others will chime in about those PNP coils (and which tanks use them)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think OP means a Zenith tank (takes Z coils... many to choose from) and a Kroma A mod.
Yep, I did conflated & confused over the name & which was which. Really need to quit using an Altoid tin & thimble kit. *chuckles* So much new gear out now.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I've used a few of the PNP coils, but the ones I've used have been sub-ohm (0.3 or 0.4 ohm, iirc). I do really like the ones I've used, though. They vaped well and lasted a good while for factory coils.

I like the Voopoo Pod tanks (the ones with 510 connectors) but there again, I mostly use the Pod RTAs so I can rebuild them myself. Those pod tanks don't leak, though, which is a really big check mark in my book. Can't stand a floggin tank that leaks!

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yep, I did conflated & confused over the name & which was which. Really need to quit using an Altoid tin & thimble kit. *chuckles* So much new gear out now.
Ha Ha... I've only been vaping 3 years but would have totally been one who would have built such things (and if ever needed, still will)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ha Ha... I've only been vaping 3 years but would have totally been one who would have built such things (and if ever needed, still will)

066c559342b007229cab2e710d88bbfe.jpg

a9993103f80dbfedcd9dcfe616420053.jpg

altoids-32.jpg

Not exactly thimbles for RDAs on these but I''m sure you see how easily that could be done as well. Folks have even ran Linux on pizza boxes, or Raspberry (ARM) chips the size of credit cards. Waiting to see Camel Snus tins used as mods. Firmly believe where a will there's a way.

* No, none of these are any I've built/used. Gathered some images to show it's been & can be done, only.

Not sure I would attempt making one. Would fear building a literal pipe bomb instead, accidentally of course.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors