Become a Patron!

Hexohm 3.0

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Right and i understand its rated for 30amps yet a vtc5a are rated for 25. The whole major question was would i do damage to my cells.
That's output. Realistically you probably wouldn't be enjoying a 200 watt vape. Anything 175 or less is fine for vtc5a batts. Your good to go on this mod :)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

TheLabRat

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's output. Realistically you probably wouldn't be enjoying a 200 watt vape. Anything 175 or less is fine for vtc5a batts. Your good to go on this mod :)

I like to vape 60-85. The main reason im wanting to go lower and getting the vtc5a's was because i like nichrome wire in my recoil and 8 wraps of 2*28/34 doesnt leave much room for good wick so i wanted to bump down to 6 wrap which will put me .26-.28.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I like to vape 60-85. The main reason im wanting to go lower and getting the vtc5a's was because i like nichrome wire in my recoil and 8 wraps of 2*28/34 doesnt leave much room for good wick so i wanted to bump down to 6 wrap which will put me .26-.28.
Your fine for any resistance on the 3.0 version. Minimum .1 though IIRC

TheLabRat

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@SirRichardRear @KingPin!

I have another Question for you guru's
My Current Build 2*/34 Nichrome 80 7 Wrap on a 2.5mm bit

My ohm reader comes out to a .3-.31
My Cartel Revenant Reads a .25

Which would i go off of?

Using the Steam Engine Wire wizard it shows closer towards the ohm readers resistance.
Is there something different that goes on with the Cartel reading that is different than the ohm reader?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

Which would i go off of?

Using the Steam Engine Wire wizard it shows closer towards the ohm readers resistance.
Is there something different that goes on with the Cartel reading that is different than the ohm reader?
Some mods read lower some read higher. It's close enough I wouldn't be too concerned as long as it's consistent and not jumping

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
If I remember right labrat you posted this question in another thread somewhere and you had two mods with almost the same reading bar 0.01 (rounding) and the ohm reader was higher...if that's the case go with the mods they can't both be lying about the same exact reading ;) although as SRR said wouldn't worry about a small variance just check its not bouncing about too much on the mod

nichrome and kanthal barely budge resistence wise when heated if it really spikes then check the legs are fastened tightly and that its not shorted somewhere against the casing

TheLabRat

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If I remember right labrat you posted this question in another thread somewhere and you had two mods with almost the same reading bar 0.01 (rounding) and the ohm reader was higher...if that's the case go with the mods they can't both be lying about the same exact reading ;) although as SRR said wouldn't worry about a small variance just check its not bouncing about too much on the mod

nichrome and kanthal barely budge resistence wise when heated if it really spikes then check the legs are fastened tightly and that its not shorted somewhere against the casing
Yes i sure did. But a friend of mine told me for a hexohm he uses the ohm reader reading being it does have a built in one. Something like every mod will read a little diffrent where the hex cant so the reader would be the way to go. But isnt .25 and .3 a big diffrence or am i being paranoid?

TheLabRat

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's normal mine do that it can't decide whether to round up or down to 2 decimal places lol
Taking the ohm readers reading of .31 and i used my multimeter to see what being put on the positive leg of my recoil i was getting 4.7v

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Your talking 0.05ohm tiny variance really what make is your ohm meter? Might be worth getting one that can detect smaller movements not all are that accurate in fact if you read the manufacturer specs most Of the lower/middle end ones state they can have a variance of 0.1

TheLabRat

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Your talking 0.05ohm tiny variance really what make is your ohm meter? Might be worth getting one that can detect smaller movements not all are that accurate in fact if you read the manufacturer specs most Of the lower/middle end ones state they can have a variance of 0.1
I picked this one up from a B&M it was like $10

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
There you go then :) don't worry about it too much you are doing the right thing checking on a mod as well ... at some point grab something like the geekvape 521 or coilmaster one, think UD do a nice ohm reader as well

I have the 521 mini myself does the job almost always come out the same as my mods and I got YiHi and DNA both accurate boards

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I picked this one up from a B&M it was like $10
I have the coilmaster 521 tab. It's really nice. You can get them for around 20 bucks now. I paid 40 for mine a while ago

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Which would i go off of?

Go by the reading your mod is going to use for regulational functions. Unless the other concerns you then use that. Mods still going to use it own reading.
Unless you lock in something else.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

TheLabRat

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Go by the reading your mod is going to use for regulational functions. Unless the other concerns you then use that. Mods still going to use it own reading.
Unless you lock in something else.

So my reading isnt .31?

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So my reading isnt .31?
IDK... Until you measure the ohms with a meter you KNOW is accurate. All readings are approximations. .. the mod if regulated will regulated based on it on board meters readings.... unless your mod allows you to tell the mod to use another value it uses its reading. Not many mods let you dictate ohm to the mod in power modes. . Some will let you manually enter a cold ohm value for TC. In this case you can use any ohm you chose.

TheLabRat

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
IDK... Until you measure the ohms with a meter you KNOW is accurate. All readings are approximations. .. the mod if regulated will regulated based on it on board meters readings.... unless your mod allows you to tell the mod to use another value it uses its reading. Not many mods let you dictate ohm to the mod in power modes. . Some will let you manually enter a cold ohm value for TC. In this case you can use any ohm you chose.

I purchased a coil master 521 mini tab. From what @SirRichardRear said its a decent meter to go off of for my kind of vaping on the 3.0. Thanks again for your help

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I purchased a coil master 521 mini tab. From what @SirRichardRear said its a decent meter to go off of for my kind of vaping on the 3.0. Thanks again for your help
None of my meters ever read 100% the same.. I have about 10 of them from $7 units to a $300 meters. On my regulated mod I go by its meter since that is what the mod is using...... on my mech I use the average of what my 510 meter says and my Fluke DMM says. Sometime for TC I ignore all of them and enter my cold ohm manually.

TheLabRat

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
None of my meters ever read 100% the same.. I have about 10 of them from $7 units to a $300 meters. On my regulated mod I go by its meter since that is what the mod is using...... on my mech I use the average of what my 510 meter says and my Fluke DMM says. Sometime for TC I ignore all of them and enter my cold ohm manually.

My meter is a Amprobe 34XR-A
I ground on the screw of the mod and put my positive lead on the positive post of my recoil im getting 4.79v.

Could this help figure resistance?

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ground on the screw of the mod and put my positive lead on the positive post of my recoil im getting 4.79v.

Yes you could plug the mod output into ohms or watts law formula to calculate ohm. But it will still be an educated guess based on the data from the met being used. Maybe accurate maybe not... regardless imo if the reading are we I thing say 10% of each other don't worry about it. Unless you are building for a mech and building really low for the batteries in use. Regulated mods just don't care about the ohm. And batteties in regulated mods don't either. In regulated mods it's the wattage output that matters for battery safety not ohm.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

Not really since mods aren't 100% accurate. they can be off by a few watts. not only that but you need 2 known factors (watts, volts, resistance, amps) in order to calculate the other 2. voltage alone isn't enough

TheLabRat

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not really since mods aren't 100% accurate. they can be off by a few watts. not only that but you need 2 known factors (watts, volts, resistance, amps) in order to calculate the other 2. voltage alone isn't enough
The mini tab is in! And it is an exact reading on my LMC 200w box(tested with 2 diffrent RDA's) Does anyone know which chip is in this mod?

VU Sponsors