Become a Patron!

Hey Cigarette Smoker

Spectre

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Coming up to my 3 month mark...can't stand the stinkies anymore...they make me cough, like I used to do to others. I'm actually very sorry I put others through that, now I know what it's like to be on the receiving end :oops:

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
Hey you.....cigarette smoker. Look over on the table next to your recliner. Right next to the remote and your Zippo. You see that ashtray? Just add one ounce of water to that and you will see what's settled at the bottom of your lungs right now.

Sorry if that seemed stupid, but that's what I started thinking every time I saw an ashtray filled with cigarette butts and ashes. I started vaping 13 months ago and it's one of the best decisions I ever made.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
... the mistake the vaping industry is making is designing expensive mods ...

See post: #16920 It explains my view.

... it just needs to be simple and potent.

Again, kind of defaults to that post. It is in the sqounking forum. My signature line links to affordable CopperVape mods and atties. As to potent, well that depends on your choice of nicotine/other strength.

NineNine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Vaping is just like a whole new world opened up, move to quit smoking ciga

NineNine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
One of the best decisions I have ever made was to quit smoking and start vaping. At first I was a bit turned off by the initial cost of a basic setup, (got lured into an extremely high priced B&M in my town), but once I pulled the trigger it was like a whole new world opened up, and indeed it did. No more smelling awful because of cigarettes, no more awful tobacco flavour, and a way to keep "smoking" without many of the debilitating health hazards. I no longer worry about smoking or the simulation of smoking, I just vape. in between 3 and 6 mg/ml of nicotine. It no longer has a hold on me, and I can go hours without vaping. I could not go hours without smoking.
Can Not Agree more

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Update:

Vaping start date: 11/1/2013
Last day smoking 11/6/2013
Current date: 10/11/2017
Days not smoking 1435
Months not smoking 47.83

Only 26 more days, and I hit 4 years without a cigarette!!!

NineNine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
If we can piss you off enough to give Vaping a try, You will never regret it. It is little like smoking because it's not. Gives you the same thing. Nicotine. Leaves out the 4000 chemicals of cigarettes have that KILL Us. Took Me a lung infection to figure it out. Don't be Me. Try a e-cig for a day. Just try it.
Vaping is going to make you breathe much better than smoking.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I'm going to try e-sig, but I think the most important thing is your desire! If you really want to give up, you will for sure. My friend had to give up smoking, she has been smoking e-sig for almost a year, but when she forgets it at home or the battery is low, she smokes sigarettes. Of course, this is the beginning, but e-sigs don't make you give up smoking at once.
Gotta plan ahead. Don't forget your ecig or just suffer through for a couple hours. Having a back up battery (and coils if you use the premade) keeps you off the smokes.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Some might disagree, but it is best to determine that you have quit smoking when you take your first puff of vape. Don't have a pack in the freezer as back up, or limit of 4 cigs per day.. you want zero cigs.. period. When you get the urge to light up, just shake your head and grab your vape. You don't smoke anymore, you are a vaper now.

It is only really an issue for the first couple weeks, and then random urges every now and then.
By the way, your friends will piss themselves laughing if you bum a puff off their cigarette.. It is worse than when you first started. No little kissy-puff to test things out.. oh no... full on inhale.. 3 minute coughing fit and 2 hours having the taste of a dirty ashtray in your mouth.. Hilarious to watch..not so much to experience. lol.

GreyArea

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I feel like I cheated, because I stopped smoking without ever going through a difficult quitting process. I smoked for 30 years, and I dropped it without so much as a single craving.

This! Every other method I tried to quit - patches, gum, even cig-a-likes - had me ready to mug a passerby so I could steal his pack of Camels within six hours. This has just been...easy. So much so that I find myself wondering now and then if I'm doing it wrong - I mean, where's the struggle? Other than the struggle to not buy another bit of gear, anyway. That one's kinda tough.

GreyArea

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My mom is the most frustrating case, because I care about her very much. Shes just so fucking thick headed when it comes to this stuff, and shes not alone. Learning is what keeps alot of people from switching to vapor. They make it more complicated than it is, assume its just like a cigarette, or simply have no inclination to learn something new.

When I gave my mom her Evod, I would have bet $20 that's what was going to happen - so I told her I'd check on her gear every couple of days, make sure the coils were good, make sure she had enough juice, whatever it took. She got annoyed because "I can do all that myself, just show me how and stop treating me like an infant." She was a smoker for almost fifty years, and hasn't had a cig for more than three weeks.

Be patient, keep trying - maybe a Gusto or a JUUL would work better for her? I wouldn't like the fact that you can't futz with them, but all she'd have to do is charge and change the pods.

Real Extract in Seattle

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was getting pretty frustrated with the low powered V2 and the Blu rigs when I started years ago - solved that issue by getting onto the Kangertech Protank years ago. I have upgraded my equipment over he years to Dicodes mod and Kayfun atomizer - perfect fit for me.
The other big issue for me was the flavors and quality of the juices available. I was not into the artificial flavors at all. Simulated tobacco flavors were not working for me. Once I got onto real tobacco flavors (NET) I quit smoking on that day almost five years ago. My experience turned into a natural extract business.
I don't feel that I really had to give anything up to make the transition once I got the flavor profile dialed in with the right equipment and nicotine level.
I would be happy to assist anybody that wishes to make the jump from cigs to vaping that insists upon tobacco flavors (like myself).

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The day I tossed my last cigarette in the trash can was the last time I wanted to taste tobacco. I couldn't even think about using tobacco flavored eliquid. Mission #1 for me was to find a flavor that I liked that was as dissimilar from tobacco as quickly as possible. For me, it was green apple & butterscotch. Vaping tobacco flavor juice seems like it would just prolong the problem unnecessarily. Even a good simulation like yours...

Real Extract in Seattle

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The day I tossed my last cigarette in the trash can was the last time I wanted to taste tobacco. I couldn't even think about using tobacco flavored eliquid. Mission #1 for me was to find a flavor that I liked that was as dissimilar from tobacco as quickly as possible. For me, it was green apple & butterscotch. Vaping tobacco flavor juice seems like it would just prolong the problem unnecessarily. Even a good simulation like yours...
It is interesting how different people deal with it. I needed to satisfy the taste of tobacco and you needed to get away from it. Additive behaviors are pretty individualized. Whatever works is the right answer.

RobN1

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
suggesting e-cigarettes are far less harmful than smoking, more people than ever believe them to be just as harmful.

/QUOTE]
More people than ever...???
I would suggest more people know its not as harmful. More people are turning to vaping every day. Especially as there has been a lot of research into it, actual scientific research, not " I read on Facebook..." research. I guess more people who have a vested interest are trying to stop the spread of vaping...
The facts can not be ignored: Vaping is less harmful than smoking.

Last edited by a moderator:

VU Sponsors