Become a Patron!

Hi

Waltheraustin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just bought my first vape and I'm curious if it's any good. It's an amigo fp50 1500mah version. When I first got it, huge clouds but now it seems that huge clouds don't come as frequent. Should I try to upgrade it or is there something I can do to it to make it better?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to the VU!

What equipment works for you depends on many different factors. How long did you smoke, and are you still smoking?

Waltheraustin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Still smoking but I have been a low smoker if that's even a word. I typically smoke a pack ever 3 or 4 days with my wife. We never smoke a cig alone so it's a shared smoke.

I'm one of those types that needs the best of the best so wasn't sure how the fp50 ranked after looking online and seeing some impressive stuff!

Thanks for the quick response!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Still smoking but I have been a low smoker if that's even a word. I typically smoke a pack ever 3 or 4 days with my wife. We never smoke a cig alone so it's a shared smoke.

I'm one of those types that needs the best of the best so wasn't sure how the fp50 ranked after looking online and seeing some impressive stuff!

Thanks for the quick response!

LOL There will always be something better, so if you go that route this is going to get expensive! If you browse the hardware areas you'll see what I mean :) You told us what type of battery you're using, but what do you have for a tank? It may be that you need to change the coil if it's underperforming now.

Waltheraustin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's the mini riptide. The device was purchased yesterday. I think I just need to be patient

DARKSIGNAL

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got the same setup about 3 weeks ago as my first setup as well. My observations are that the coils foul quickly and the quality control on them is horrible. After going through the two coils that came with the starter kit I purchased a 5 pack of the amigo .5ohm bvc coils and all five were defective. The coil wasn't touching the wick in many spots causing every hit to be a horrific dry hit. It was so bad I almost puked. I primed the coils and let them soak as long as an hour and still dry hit. Intentionally flooded the coil and still dry hit. I reached out to amigo and they basically told me to go F myself stating that they don't warranty coils in any way as they are made by Itsuwa. I decided to ditch the atty for a kanger top tank nano which is a much nicer atomizer and was about $25 at my local shop. I also have realized that the 1500mah battery doesn't get me through a work day and I'm tired of charging it all the time so I ordered a cuboid mini last night and will move away from the amigo kit all together. I may try one more time to find a working coil for this thing but it will be relegated to backup duty at best. I likely won't purchase any of their products in the future.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got the same setup about 3 weeks ago as my first setup as well. My observations are that the coils foul quickly and the quality control on them is horrible. After going through the two coils that came with the starter kit I purchased a 5 pack of the amigo .5ohm bvc coils and all five were defective. The coil wasn't touching the wick in many spots causing every hit to be a horrific dry hit. It was so bad I almost puked. I primed the coils and let them soak as long as an hour and still dry hit. Intentionally flooded the coil and still dry hit. I reached out to amigo and they basically told me to go F myself stating that they don't warranty coils in any way as they are made by Itsuwa. I decided to ditch the atty for a kanger top tank nano which is a much nicer atomizer and was about $25 at my local shop. I also have realized that the 1500mah battery doesn't get me through a work day and I'm tired of charging it all the time so I ordered a cuboid mini last night and will move away from the amigo kit all together. I may try one more time to find a working coil for this thing but it will be relegated to backup duty at best. I likely won't purchase any of their products in the future.
Well, as that setup is also sold by Vaperev, who are a highly reputable, high-end vendor, I'd be surprised if the QC on this product is bad http://shop.vaperev.com/devices/amigo-itsuwa.html , but much depends on vaping style of course as well as experience.

DARKSIGNAL

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, as that setup is also sold by Vaperev, who are a highly reputable, high-end vendor, I'd be surprised if the QC on this product is bad http://shop.vaperev.com/devices/amigo-itsuwa.html , but much depends on vaping style of course as well as experience.
Not sure if you're insinuating I used the kit wrong or I'm reading your post wrong but it was just my experience with the product. I had an issue with the coils and the company didn't stand behind their product at all, telling me to go back to the shop where I purchased it which was a shop 3 hours from my house instead of saying hey sorry about that here's a few coils let us know if they work ok. I didn't even ask for anything in my email but that's besides the point. The battery itself is a nice unit but I quickly realized it wasn't what I needed. The OP seems to have had a similar experience with quickly deminishing vapor production from the atomizer. The coils would get gunked up and give dry tasteless hits after just a few days. I found a product that works better for me.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure if you're insinuating I used the kit wrong or I'm reading your post wrong but it was just my experience with the product. I had an issue with the coils and the company didn't stand behind their product at all, telling me to go back to the shop where I purchased it which was a shop 3 hours from my house instead of saying hey sorry about that here's a few coils let us know if they work ok. I didn't even ask for anything in my email but that's besides the point. The battery itself is a nice unit but I quickly realized it wasn't what I needed. The OP seems to have had a similar experience with quickly deminishing vapor production from the atomizer. The coils would get gunked up and give dry tasteless hits after just a few days. I found a product that works better for me.
If you re-read my post, you'll see I said much depends on vaping style as well as experience. I go through Crown coils faster than most, because of my vaping style. Other people can get weeks out of them! A 1500 mah battery would last me 5 minutes, yet others can make it last for days. It all depends on how you vape :)

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Welcome to the Underground:D

Sometimes it takes awhile to find the gear that works best for you.

We each have our own opinions and taste.

Me, I am only after flavor and could not care less about clouds and I tend to stick with some pretty standard and tried and true devices.

In my case the good old Kanger Subtank Mini and the RBA heads that I build myself work best for ME:stars:

You might find your own bliss with something else though.

VU Sponsors